Menu

Free Mystery Science for a year!

fralala

Mystery Science is having a special offer on their website right now-- all existing lessons are free for the next year if you sign up now.

The cost was the primary thing prohibiting me from signing up, so I am excited and wanted to share. (And for anyone who tried to sign up a few days ago and found it wasn't allowing you access to all the lessons, that issue has been fixed.)

• Like 14

So when you provided your email, did it just take you to a page that asks you to sign up for a year (for $129?) I didn't get an email confirmation or anything, so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong.

(I did sign up a few months ago to check out the free lessons, so the site must have recognized me, when I provided my email it asked me to log in with a password...I did, and it took me to a page inviting me to pay for membership. :confused1: )

So when you provided your email, did it just take you to a page that asks you to sign up for a year (for $129?) I didn't get an email confirmation or anything, so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong.

(I did sign up a few months ago to check out the free lessons, so the site must have recognized me, when I provided my email it asked me to log in with a password...I did, and it took me to a page inviting me to pay for membership. :confused1: )

I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet (it said they'd email me on Sunday), but in your situation it sounds like you should try it with a different email address.

• Like 1

So I was also miffed that I paid and now it was free. I e-mailed and the response I got indicated that this will act like last year's free trial. Everyone will have access to what is there now but will not be able to access any added content throughout the year.

Okay, I called and expressed my frustration. I was told that someone would call me back, and they did about 15 minutes later. I was told that they are refunding everyone who recently purchased, all 100 of us. We are supposedly getting an email with a refund within 2 business days. The "trial" is going to be different from the previous trial where one mystery was unlocked-we will have full access to all of the mysteries, but perhaps not the new ones added, which is fine by me.

Anyway, I was impressed with the customer service, providing I actually do get that refund.  I'll let you all know. They surely don't want to upset us homeschoolers in the infancy of their company, right? I'm sure hoping anyway.

• Like 2

Okay, I called and expressed my frustration. I was told that someone would call me back, and they did about 15 minutes later. I was told that they are refunding everyone who recently purchased, all 100 of us. We are supposedly getting an email with a refund within 2 business days. The "trial" is going to be different from the previous trial where one mystery was unlocked-we will have full access to all of the mysteries, but perhaps not the new ones added, which is fine by me.

Anyway, I was impressed with the customer service, providing I actually do get that refund. I'll let you all know. They surely don't want to upset us homeschoolers in the infancy of their company, right? I'm sure hoping anyway.

I wonder how far back they are counting. I bought through HSBC in early July.

Did you get this straighten out?

You were supposed to receive an email stating that it starts on 8/14. 

Couple tips:

If you have previously signed up for an account with Mystery Science, if you use the same email to sign up for this deal, you won't get the deal (it will just log you into your old account).

If you don't want to give them emails of your friends (which would probably really annoy your friends) you can still get referrals to open your account early---copy the link they give you in the referral email and you can then post it on facebook or Twitter or even in this thread.  It is a unique link---if people use it to sign up, Mystery Science is tracking those referrals (my account just opened up because 5 people signed up using my link---I posted to my blog and Twitter).

• Like 3

It's pretty cool that they're doing this again!  I signed up for the free trial for the 2015-2016 school year in Feb, so we only really got 3 months of the free trial last year.  I do wish I'd heard about it at the beginning of the year so we could have had an entire school year free, but 3 months is better than nothing.  I paid for a 2016-2017 subscription and think it's very much worth it.

• Like 1