Menu

if you can spare some prayers

MamaBearTeacher

My teenage son is not feeling good and he is hitting himself really badly and it is so scary to watch and very hard to stop. I don't know what is hurting him and he can't tell me and we've had ups and downs the past few weeks. He was good for about a week, smiling all day and extremely compliant and suddenly last night he started again. The only thing that is stopping it is going outside. We have been out for almost 5 hours and now it is dark. Please pray.

we have brought him to so many doctors over the years and they do not know what to do. If I bring him to ER they can give him a drug but I have no idea how he will react to a drug. His body is very sensitive.

I feel really alone. I have no friends and family anymore. Nobody at all except my husband. It's a weird and scary life and hard to invite people into your life when things are like this.

He's such a good person. I want him to be happy so badly.

hugs and prayers.  dudeling's anxiety has increased recently so it is no longer under control (I think it may be hormonal due to being a tween), so he has been hitting his head and pulling his hair lately too. his doesn't last more than a few minutes though.

it can be so hard to control their stress/anxiety/tension/frustration level. 

have you ever tried the Wilbarger brushing protocol and joint compressions?   it's really just a baby brush that is used - so it's pretty easy to get.

eta: added link

theanine, GABA, douglas laboratories ashwagandha & bacopa, have all been helpful at controlling anxiety/stress.

Edited by gardenmom5

Wait, he is actually hitting himself?  

it's actually pretty typical for asd/sensory disordered kids to hit themselves.  it's usually an expression of frustration. 

heavy work/ very strenuous labor can help fulfil the same need  as the hitting fulfils.

I've got to get dudeling back into martial arts.  definitely next month.

Edited by gardenmom5

Praying for you. Do you get any suggestions from OT, PT, or teachers who work with him?

I also have a special needs kid and just want to say that the middle school years were hard. Lots of fussing, screaming, crying and difficult to identify reasons for it. I now think it was worse due to hormones. She's mostly through puberty now and so much happier. I hope your son will also mellow out as he matures. But in the meantime, lots of prayers for you all!

• Like 1

Thank you for the prayers. He went to sleep finally at 5 am. I hope he sleeps a lot more and that he is happy today and tonight. he needs as much or more sleep now as he did as an infant which was 11 hours. It does nt make sense. He had an OT session the other day and she said he might experience a regression and then get better. Was it that? Or the tiny bits of garlic on the olives I bought?