Menu

Help me choose a great morning tea for daughter

TwoEdgedSword

My daughter is not a morning person at all, but can't do caffeine, so no coffee or caffeinated teas for her.

I'd like to recommend a wonderful tasting non-caffeinated tea to her that she can look forward to in the morning, with maybe some herbal pick me up in it. Something that smells and tastes great and won't make her feel sleepy.

My dd loves Jasmine tea with honey in the morning. It's a green tea so little if any caffeine.

Just a word to the wise...

Green tea and jasmine tea both definitely DO contain caffeine. They are definitely stimulants. To say "little if any" is inaccurate. They may have less than coffee, but they do contain quite a bit still. If I have a cup of jasmine tea, I notice a definite effect. If I have two cups of jasmine tea, I will be shaky and jittery and not sleep that night.

• Like 2

Just a word to the wise...

Green tea and jasmine tea both definitely DO contain caffeine. They are definitely stimulants. To say "little if any" is inaccurate. They may have less than coffee, but they do contain quite a bit still. If I have a cup of jasmine tea, I notice a definite effect. If I have two cups of jasmine tea, I will be shaky and jittery and not sleep that night.

Thank you for correcting me. For me I do not get the "caffeine effect" from green teas but I definetly do from black teas and coffee. I need to remember that others will have different reactions.

• Like 1

What about Roiboos? It is rich and dark and almost feels like black tea, but is naturally caffeine free. There are all kind of choices, from chocolate roiboos to vanilla and so on. I love plain. My favourite morning tea, for sure. Typical herbal teas just don't do it for me.

• Like 5

I liked Good Earth tea too. I used to live near their restaurant when they had the restaurant business. But they've tampered with the recipe or sold the tea biz off and I'm a bit suspicious of their new "natural flavoring."

I actually have the new "natural flavored" Good Earth tea and the original one in my cupboard now.

• Like 1

I liked Good Earth tea too. I used to live near their restaurant when they had the restaurant business. But they've tampered with the recipe or sold the tea biz off and I'm a bit suspicious of their new "natural flavoring."

I actually have the new "natural flavored" Good Earth tea and the original one in my cupboard now.

I'm always suspicious of "natural flavorings," too. They are often almost chemically identical to "artificial flavorings" and can contain undisclosed chemical solvents and preservatives, too.  

• Like 2

It came out in the news not too long ago that Celestial Seasonings teas have extremely high pesticide levels, so I'd steer clear of them. :(

I hadn't heard that so I checked it out. From the CS website: http://www.celestialseasonings.com/safety-assurance

Based on my very limited research, I'm going to side with the company on this one. It's a local company (to me) and I know people who have worked there, including in their QA department. Just knowing how Boulder & residents are, if the allegations were true, the company would not have the local support that it does.

• Like 1

I hadn't heard that so I checked it out. From the CS website: http://www.celestialseasonings.com/safety-assurance

Based on my very limited research, I'm going to side with the company on this one. It's a local company (to me) and I know people who have worked there, including in their QA department. Just knowing how Boulder & residents are, if the allegations were true, the company would not have the local support that it does.

The lab that actually did the testing was completely independent and had no ties to either the short sellers or CS (unlike the lab CS hired to do further testing, which does have financial ties to CS). Had they falsified the results about the pesticides, CS would certainly have sued them, but interestingly, there was never a suit. Nor did CS sue the short seller, which leads me to think the test results were accurate, even if they were released for sleazy reasons. You can certainly drink CS tea if you want to, but I'll stick with Twinings.

• Like 1