Menu

Active Christian Homeschool Boards

kahlanne

First let me say I love these boards. I have learned lots over the years and enjoyed many debates. My asking for a recommendation to an active Christian homeschool board shouldn't imply anything toward my feelings for this board. Sometimes I enjoy having different pov but other times I would love to discuss with like-minded individuals without fear of getting derailed by a debate about Christianity.

Now that I've said that, do any of you have a recommendation on active Christian homeschool boards? I have ran across a couple but they are not very active.

• Like 7

Have you tried homeschool reviews? I think many of the people on there are Christian. It isn't as active as this board but more active than other similar boards.

It is not a Christian forum, although many of its members are. I wouldn't go there expecting everyone to be Christian.

I think many of us prefer a board with diversity, because many of the "Christian" forums or groups are for a specific type of Christianity. If you don't fit a certain box near perfectly, then you are outcasted. Here, we may bicker, we've had our religion wars and politics wars (and crockpots, cupcakes...as long as they all end with kilts, we're good ;) ), but we keep moving on. Learning, growing, challenging, being challenged. Better than being beat up on and called names or accused of not being a "real" Christian simply because one person's church is different than another person's church.

• Like 5

Now that I've said that, do any of you have a recommendation on active Christian homeschool boards? I have ran across a couple but they are not very active.

There are a lot of curriculum specific boards that are explicitly or at least "vast majority of users" Christian. Depending on your hsing philosophy Ambleside or MFW or HOD or Sonlight might work for you. There are probably more but I haven't looked around at curriculum sites in a while.

That is a very strange cake.

A-yup. A flag. But only one star that looks like a white starfish. Orange lettering because that goes great with flag colors. And then, what do we need? Of course, a pocket watch style compass (?!). Oh wait, gosh darnit, I paid for that class at Michael's and learned how to make pretty fair pastel roses so I need to show that too. I'll just put some here. And here. And over here too but these ones will be red because red is pretty. Wait, is this cake strange enough yet? Maybe not, but I have run out of room so I will have to stop here.

I am a Christian who left Sonlight message boards a few years ago because of the undignified hostility toward Christians who were not "of the right type".

This has changed in the past few years.  I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you came back.   The boards aren't as active as they used to be, but they are kinder. 

• Like 1

Thank  you so much for the suggestions. I will check each of them out.

As for flavor of Christianity, I am non-denominational but came from a baptist background.  I understand there are many different ways of thought in the Christian religion and don't expect mine version to match everything with all other Christians. I am at peace with that and can be flexible as our roots are usually the same even if we branch out differently.

As for diversity, I agree with you that it is not only necessary but fun at times. I love this board for that reason. Many topics I feel strongly about have changed somewhat because of the pov that I have read here even if it doesn't entirely convert me. The people who have argued the strongest with me have my utmost respect because I know that while they oppose me, they are standing strong for their values. I will never stop being a member here as long as I have kids homeschooling. Sorry for those that wishes I would slink away.LOL.

Again many thanks.

• Like 1

What is "CC any any publicly affiliated schooling"?

CC: Common Core

"publicly affiliated schooling": home-based charter schools (most common in California), any Internet-based public schools-at-home, such as Connections Academy or Texas Virtual Academy/California Virtual Academy/Oklahoma Virtual Academy, etc.

• Like 1