Menu

Where do you buy your curriculum?

WTM Classified, Homeschoolclassified.com, Christianbook.com, RainbowResource.com, Homtrainingtools.com, Amazon, Mardel's when they have 20% off education sales or when they send out good coupons!

And of course direct from publishers who only sell direct.

Usually:

Amazon

Rainbow Resources - often best prices and free shipping (sometimes with the free shipping, is cheaper than publisher's website)

Local Homeschool store - used side has great deals, I spend way too much there

Publisher's Website - Pandia Press, etc

Occasionally:

Ebay

Publisher websites (so far, Sonlight, but planning TOG and several others next year as we switch away from Sonlight)

Amazon.com

RainbowResource.com (ok, so I haven't ordered from them yet, but they have the cheapest prices of several of the things I intend to buy for next year, so I will be ordering from them this summer)

Better World Books

eBay

Abe Books 

Abe Books is a subsidiary of the Amazon corporation. I am not proud of supporting this corporation, but I am living on a very small income and do not use a public school's charter program. The books themselves usually come from Better World or Goodwill regardless of which website I order them from, but they are listed at a lower price on Abe Books or eBay.

For example, I had the 1991 edition of LLATL yellow in my cart for $5 at the Better World website, went to check Abe and found it for $3.49 with free shipping, clicked on the buy it now button, went back to Better World to look for something else and found a notice in my cart that LLATL was no longer available--it was the same book listed on both sites at different prices.

When possible, I purchase directly from a retired or decluttering homeschooler, but that is not always possible.

• Like 1

In no particular order. . .

Amazon.com, either new or used

Homeschoolclassifieds.com

Peacehillpress.com

Eequalsmcq.com

RainbowResource.com (mostly just Singapore math)

Pandiapress.com

http://www.home-school-curriculum.com/(Although I did buy the book from Amazon.)

Sometimes I buy stuff from CurrClick.com, and I do watch for freebies. We will be using 50 States and Where to Find Them, and it was a freebie a while back, but It can be found at barefootmeanderingcom.

I'll probably also buy some stuff at the MACHE fair this weekend, namely a small item from the Rainbow Resource booth (a set of workbooks for my rising four year old that I forgot to buy earlier) and some art paper and supplies for the Miller Pads and Paper booth, because I only need a few things, and shipping will be expensive on them.

But mostly Amazon for print stuff, and the publishers' websites for PDFs.

What comes in must go OUT. My purchases now center on the fact that at some point I must get rid of this stuff, and I want the purging to be as effortless as possible.

Now, I mostly buy trade books, Kindle eBooks, and printable pdf guides/schedules for using trade books and eBooks. I bought a printer that prints cheaply and a heavy duty stapler and it's getting quite the workout lately.

Amazon using prime shipping

Currclick

eBooks directly from the author/publisher using Paypal

Free vintage texts downloaded from the internet

And there is something else I do, but am NOT telling, because it's a limited resource. :)