Menu

Just me?

fairfarmhand

On the other hand, I also quickly lose interest in ongoing threads, even ones I've commented in. Many times I don't even return to the thread after I comment.

Yes, I'm THAT person. (LOL)

Yeah, I probably won't be back to see if anyone replies. I mean, I've said my piece. Now the thread is over. Right? ;)

• Like 8

Me too! And in the past I was going to do a thread on it as well!

Human nature to see what action we've missed out on.

Hmmm... better go and check if there is any I've missed today! Lol!!!

ETA:

It cracks me up if the title is on a lame subject. I think-how on earth does *sock sorting* end up so controversial! I know.... some people are passionate about it. ;-)

• Like 3

Me too! And in the past I was going to do a thread on it as well!

Human nature to see what action we've missed out on.

Hmmm... better go and check if there is any I've missed today! Lol!!!

ETA:

It cracks me up if the title is on a lame subject. I think-how on earth does *sock sorting* end up so controversial! I know.... some people are passionate about it. ;-)

I remember thinking that with the infamous cupcake thread. I didn't get involved in that thread and then, once it was some five pages long, I was all, "What in the world? How did cupcakes get so heated???"

• Like 6

I never posted on the cupcake thread, but I read the original post with plenty of time to respond, thought it was a dumb thing to even worry about a second, and was shocked to find what happened to the thread, lol. I am not sorry the parking lot thread got shut down because I was considering posting something more myself, and I am glad I was prevented. I would like to think I would be more mature than what I was thinking of posting, but maybe I couldn't have helped myself after a glass of wine later.

Two days ago on Facebook I posted that  I never patronize businesses that spell the words Quality, Clean, or Quick with a K. I almost broke Facebook, lol. I could not believe the number of people who got so upset. 

• Like 6

Two days ago on Facebook I posted that I never patronize businesses that spell the words Quality, Clean, or Quick with a K. I almost broke Facebook, lol. I could not believe the number of people who got so upset.

What about a daycare called "Klassy Kidz"? Or a salon called "Ekwuizite Hair"?

I hate the trend of pluralizing with the letter "z".

• Like 4

How snobby can you be? Seriously, why would you avoid an otherwise perfectly good business just because you don't like the name? That is the definition of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

We used to go to a play center called Kidz Bizzzz, which is really lame, but the kidz still had fun. 

I never posted on the cupcake thread, but I read the original post with plenty of time to respond, thought it was a dumb thing to even worry about a second, and was shocked to find what happened to the thread, lol. I am not sorry the parking lot thread got shut down because I was considering posting something more myself, and I am glad I was prevented. I would like to think I would be more mature than what I was thinking of posting, but maybe I couldn't have helped myself after a glass of wine later.

Two days ago on Facebook I posted that I never patronize businesses that spell the words Quality, Clean, or Quick with a K. I almost broke Facebook, lol. I could not believe the number of people who got so upset.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe some of my posts in a former forum, after a couple of glasses of wine! I so glad I learned those lessons before doing that here!!!!

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, I can't believe some of my posts in a former forum, after a couple of glasses of wine! I so glad I learned those lessons before doing that here!!!!

I still remember one time on another thread when I pissed off the entire continent because I said...well. Nevermind. ;) I took a position on something that I still consider extremely bizarre. I guess I did not present my opinion open-mindedly enough.

ETA: I meant another board, not another thread.

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere that many businesses are kind of forced to get "kreative" with spellings due to other businesses having similar names first. I judged them less after that.

Whether I read locked threads or not totally depends upon what sort of time I have and what the topic is about. 

If the topic is new (like say, parked vans), then I'll have to skim or skip to the end to see what  I missed.

If it's old (like say, YEC), then I don't bother as I already know who the players are and what was said.

The few heated topics I get involved with I often end up having to leave since I don't have unlimited time on the computer on any given day.  Since I no longer get notifications of quotes, there could be unanswered posts, but  I figure Hive folks know where to find me if they're interested.

If a thread already has 2 - 3+ pages of unread threads and I know  I don't have much time, I don't bother.  I may truly be missing out, but it's tough to catch up on 209 unread posts when one has 10 - 15 minutes available.

My board time almost always starts with College Board, High School Board, then Chat along with answering any PMs I've received.

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere that many businesses are kind of forced to get "kreative" with spellings due to other businesses having similar names first. I judged them less after that.

If this is going to end up the topic of this thread, then I'll say that the vast majority of creative spellings don't bother me at all.

Textspeak can.

Okay, if we are going to be honest, I don't patronize businesses that pluralize with a Z either, but I would never put it on Facebook, lol.

There's a hair salon near me that spells "curls" thusly: "Curl's."

:svengo:

I.can.not.go.there.

But I don't usually read threads that have been locked, so that I still don't know about cupcakes or crockpots. Maybe I should search for that one so I can keep up...

• Like 2

There's a hair salon near me that spells "curls" thusly: "Curl's."

:svengo:

I.can.not.go.there.

But I don't usually read threads that have been locked, so that I still don't know about cupcakes or crockpots. Maybe I should search for that one so I can keep up...

You missed your chance with cupcakes. I think that thread was removed when the photo image criteria came out, because that thread was full of web-nabbed photos.