Menu

Ignore this thread!

Happy Easter. We are peopling. Very Best Kitty is being brave and staying mostly on the couch, because Daddy is home during the day!

After a puzzling test result, I have been told no caffeine and no sugar until at least Monday night. I'm finding it ... trying. No coffee. 😕

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Happy Easter!

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:   And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" -John 11:25‭-‬26

This was the text of our sermon this morning. It was a good service. Lots and lots of music.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Happy Easter. We are peopling. Very Best Kitty is being brave and staying mostly on the couch, because Daddy is home during the day!

After a puzzling test result, I have been told no caffeine and no sugar until at least Monday night. I'm finding it ... trying. No coffee. 😕

Hey, whitehawk. You misspelled "h@llish."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm around. I am supposed to be peopling. Due to lack of chairs, I can't properly people. So I am exiled to the quiet spot in the back where I might actually break out character profile stuff and write. Because antisocial writer.

Just rock your anti-social writer self!  I will be peopling later today with family - my family.  Which is nice.  But not necessarily natural.  Wish me luck, lol!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I'll start food prep at 3:30.  I sent the pork tenderloin to my Mom's because she has double ovens and I have a single.  What should I do for an hour and a half?  

43 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We're home from church.  We stayed for lunch.  I'm debating what to do with all of this free time.

Eat chocolate.  Duh.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We are done with Easter Dinner.  Skyped with dd20 while she ate a baked potato. :sad: I ate too much.  Lots of leftovers.  The broccoli salad was very good, and according to Slache, will thankfully be feeding us for the next couple days!  Ds23 hid a few eggs outside for The Youngers to go find.

The sermon today, which I heard twice, was on Job 19:23-27.

• Like 2

I went to half-day public Kindergarten. My best friend wasn’t in my class and I was devestated.  I had to have speech therapy because I would say church as “terch.” Turns out I needed tubes in my ears.  The day they did the surgery I still wanted to go to school that afternoon.  I ended up crying the whole time, and sat by the back door while everyone else watched a movie.  It was an all glass door with a Winnie the Pooh cling decal/sticker thing on it.  I still cry every time I have anesthesia, to this day.  Found out recently my sister does, too.  

We did not not celebrate Easter.  My mom is visiting this weekend, though.  I though she might want to go to a service.  Turns out she is no longer a believer, either.  My mom is a completely different person than when I was growing up.  We’re getting along great!

That is all.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd11 just had jellybeans for the first time.  (She is allergic to Red #40 and I *finally* found jellybeans that used other colors.)

naturalcandystore.com has no food dyes & you can filter for allergens.

I didn't order jellybeans this year, assuming I would find some in a store. I didn't. Poor kid got all chocolate. 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are back. I am Eastered out. Had a very delightful dinner at my Mom and Dad’s house. My mom is doing fine, but my dad’s dementia is really increasing. He is really losing his mind and saying a lot of hurtful things to my mom. It’s very hard.

• Sad 6

I mostly read a book during the movie.  Ds14 seems to know everything about every video game ever created, so it was highly entertaining for him.  

I have no decorating skillz. 

I talked to MIL briefly today.  They are expecting us to spend Christmas up there this year.  I don't know if I can do it again.  We thought 2017 was the last time we would have to go up because they were going to move to Indiana, but then their (26yo) grandson got suspended/kicked out of nursing school and they won't move until he graduates which we are thinking may be never.  And that's fine.  They don't have to move, but I still don't want to go.

I ate too much dessert!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I mostly read a book during the movie.  Ds14 seems to know everything about every video game ever created, so it was highly entertaining for him.  

I have no decorating skillz. 

I talked to MIL briefly today.  They are expecting us to spend Christmas up there this year.  I don't know if I can do it again.  We thought 2017 was the last time we would have to go up because they were going to move to Indiana, but then their (26yo) grandson got suspended/kicked out of nursing school and they won't move until he graduates which we are thinking may be never.  And that's fine.  They don't have to move, but I still don't want to go.

I ate too much dessert!

I would have eaten more.

• Like 1

I Eastered last night at the Easter Vigil--7:45 to almost midnight. I had to be there early as I was on the team helping all the newbies come into the Church. 🙂 It was most momentous.

Mr. Ellie and I went to San Antonio to the Riverwalk today (I waved at Slache).

That is all.

• Like 5

Oh! And in pastor's sermon he said Jesus died on a Wednesday. Died on Wednesday, Thursday was Sabbath preparations, Friday was High Sabbath (Passover thing, happens once a year, totally legit) Saturday was the Sabbath, Sunday he rose. So in the grave Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Interesting stuff.

I smell like cocoa butter.

• Confused 2

Good Morning, another week is beginning.

I was doing excellent with my steps last week then my Fitbit battery died.  I was quite upset.

Three classes today, all older kids in these ones.  Then two tutoring sessions, run dd to TKD and back for another tutoring session.  Busy day.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩 Bleh!!!

School today. Piano for Baby this afternoon. Her teacher wants her to have a 45 minute lesson now instead of a 30 minute lesson. She’s doing very well in piano, I guess. She’s the one with whom I had this conversation , “honey, you have to count the beats....”. “I don’t want to count, Mommy, I want to just go.”  She started two years after her sister and she’s already caught up with her, too. I’m just glad one of my kids is excelling in music.

And I have phone calls to make.😩😩😩 Just shoot me now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Slache said:

Oh! And in pastor's sermon he said Jesus died on a Wednesday. Died on Wednesday, Thursday was Sabbath preparations, Friday was High Sabbath (Passover thing, happens once a year, totally legit) Saturday was the Sabbath, Sunday he rose. So in the grave Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Interesting stuff.

Well, um, that's his opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We have 45 minutes to get out of bed and be on the road to watch the last show of the school year of the School Time series at the university.

This show is by Sonia Somebody and her band is called "Música de las Americas." (Cognates are words that are similar in English and the target language. Since that title is mostly cognates, and know ya'll can figure it out. 😁)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Question: Post-visit:  Should the short person write thank-you emails, or should she write snail-mail thank-you notes?

Actual thank-you notes, on actual paper, using pen not pencil, with actual envelopes properly addressed and stamped.

• Like 1

One problem with fasting is that you miss the wonderful Easter Dinner leftovers.  Pout.

Dd12 asked to stop by the roadside garden stand and we found zucchini, dill, and Celebrity tomato 6-packs super cheap.  Plus a lupine.  Because lupines.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f8a414a7-eea3-4fa0-9a22-f81f0255b254

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3