Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

It's going to be a busy day.  I need to run to a store to buy some picnic-y type foods for dinner.  One person is planning to go to a friend's graduation and will have to drive herself.  Other people are hoping to go to the Main Street Festival that is happening today.  I have to bring the girls to their pre-concert rehearsal at 1:30.  Meanwhile someone else will need to drop ds19 off at his pre-recital rehearsal at 2.  Then I'll go to ds's recital at 3 while everyone else goes to the choir concert at 4.  Ds and I will head to the choir concert as soon as he is done at the recital.  

Then after the choir concert we need to eat dinner in the van on the way to either a country line dance or a contra dance.  Dd17 can't remember what the actual words were, but insists that they are the same thing.  Um no.  Very different.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

I worked outside a couple of hours. Planted a 6-pack of Japanese cucumbers and some lisianthus. And I tackled this climbing stuff coming over the fence from the neighbors. The green waste is now overflowing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Word has gotten out about dd17's senior trip to CA and now everyone wants to go.  🙄  Planning a trip for 3 people is much easier than planning a trip for 7. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

Oldest DD is coming home this afternoon and then all her friends are spending the night and then have to be at school at 4:45 am to go back to Disneyland. We’re having a waffle bar for dinner.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Waffle bar sounds amazing!

I literally had a small line at my (bedroom) door last night of people who wanted to lodge formal complaints against me.  Sigh.  Everything has been duly noted, though for the most part I answered internally with a "Psych"-worthy suck it!  

We went to early service and then moseyed around the Main Street Festival for a little while.  We're planning to go to the giant used bookstore later this afternoon.

Coffee!

• Like 2

iChurched.

In looking to answer a chat thread question, I looked at family history and found out one of my great-great-grandmothers was Canadian and left surviving siblings in both Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan. I hadn't known anybody in my family was farther north than Vermont.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2

Happy Sunday.

I did some work in my upstairs storage room earlier today.  Now you can actually walk more than a few feet in from the door without climbing over things. 

I have to sort/fold laundry, and then work on classes.

Dh and I may have to move our anniversary trip from November to June.  We are going to be doing an addition on our house (fingers crossed, so far everything seems to be coming together) and November will probably be during the active construction.  Not a good time to be away for a week.    My other week off is June.   We're back to looking at Alaska cruises since that was our first choice and we only looked at Mediterranean because there are no Alaska cruises in November.

Of course, if we are going to cruise in June, we'd better get on booking that.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

We're back to looking at Alaska cruises since that was our first choice and we only looked at Mediterranean because there are no Alaska cruises in November.

Of course, if we are going to cruise in June, we'd better get on booking that.  

We’re going on an Alaskan cruise in July. Round trip from Vancouver. 7 nights. I’m really excited. I booked the excursions last weekend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Y'all are brave. I won't go on a cruise that's overnight. I think I learned about the Titanic at an impressionable age. No ships in the dark for me.

(Yes, I was born on a submarine base and lived in a former whaling town. It's still a no from me.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good Evening!

Happy Sunday!

Enjoying a little bit of down time.  Dd19's last final was yesterday.  Dd17's college admission paperwork is all in the hands of TPTB.

Finished camp and retreat registrations. 

Registered dd 17 and dd16 for the SAT and ordered testing for dd13. 

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a friend who goes to Alaska every summer because her daughter and sil live there.  I think he's a kayaking guide.

I'm not sure that I've ever wanted to go to Alaska.  But I would definitely go on a cruise to the Mediterranean or South America.  Really I'd go on a cruise to Alaska, too.  Or Caribbean.  Or Central America.  Or the Galapagos Islands!! 

I found a vinyl album of a piece I have been looking for at the Giant Used Bookstore.  Actually, dd25 found it.  Vaughn William's "Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis".  We made some blackberry cobbler and played Pictionary and watched The Sixth Sense.  I don't know what I was thinking, but realized after it started that I should have picked something else.  Too soon.  I still love it though.  

We have another full week ahead.  Hold onto your hats! 

• Like 2

The party is in full swing. Ten senior girls here, lots of laughing, ate the waffles as fast as I could make them. Good toppings too...fresh strawberries, Nutella,  apple pie filling, whipped cream, maple syrup, chocolate chips. They have to be at school tomorrow at 4:45am to leave for Disneyland.  Thank goodness we live 5 minutes from school.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

The girls just left. it is 4:40 am. I think they are going to have a good time, but they are all going to be pretty exhausted when they get home. So am I. It’s going to take a lot of COFFEE!!~D to get through my day.  But I am happy to do it. I’m feeling a little weepy right now. These girls are so sweet and have been friends for a long time. DD and a few of them are staying local and going to the junior college here in town, but it won’t be the same. Their schedules will be different, and college is just different.

I’ve got work today. Lots to do and not looking forward to any of it. I have an uncomfortable meeting with a parent and my supervisor. This family has had a very rocky start with our school this year (they started mid-year) and we are trying to get them on track. I hope it goes all right. I hate stuff like this.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dd15 is finally getting her braces off today.  While that's happening, dd17 and I will go next door to Publix to shop for camping food.  Dd25/sil will be leaving for home around noon.  Then music lessons, home (choir has ended for the year), and then scouts.  Dd17 is helping with an OA election.  I have things that need to be handed in, appointments to reschedule, and arrangements to make.

I think Sir Pups-a-lot is getting another ear infection.  In his right ear this time.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We’re going on an Alaskan cruise in July. Round trip from Vancouver. 7 nights. I’m really excited. I booked the excursions last weekend.

That's where we're looking at departing from too.   The other option is Seattle.   Flights are much much MUCH cheaper than going to Europe.  Plus more direct flights.  Dh HATES flying but the take-offs/landings are the worst part and he really wants a direct flight for wherever we go.

Bad part is we're running out of time for June and are waiting on some paperwork for the addition before we go ahead and book.   

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo: 

I'm trying decide which geometry would be better for us. Choices are Jacobs Geometry or Geometry: A Guided Inquiry. Any of you tried either of these?

It seems like everyone either loves or hates Jacob's because it's so proof heavy.

• Like 1

Just now, Slache said:

It seems like everyone either loves or hates Jacob's because it's so proof heavy.

Really, I thought that was Jurgensen? If anything, I thought Jacob's did less proofs and mostly fill in the missing parts of proofs. I do know many Jacob's fans prefer the 2nd edition.

I really like what I'm reading in Geometry: A Guided Inquiry on Archive. The explanations are clear and the pages are neat and uncluttered ala Foersters. Unfortunately, the price of a used copy is more than I'm willing to spend right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Really, I thought that was Jurgensen? If anything, I thought Jacob's did less proofs and mostly fill in the missing parts of proofs. I do know many Jacob's fans prefer the 2nd edition.

I really like what I'm reading in Geometry: A Guided Inquiry on Archive. The explanations are clear and the pages are neat and uncluttered ala Foersters. Unfortunately, the price of a used copy is more than I'm willing to spend right now.

He's not doing Geometry though? So wait?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Well where's the fun in that? Maybe you're right since he's currently wrapping up 7th grade and won't need it for at least 2 more years.

In a couple more years you'll be able to get it at a great price!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In a couple more years you'll be able to get it at a great price!

Doubtful but possible. I usually find that the longer I wait to buy an out of print book, the less likely I am to find it or the price is even more inflated when I do.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Well, yesterday was quite a day. The girls got to school at 4:45am as instructed, but the bus wasn’t there. Apparently, the bus driver went AWOL and by the time everything got straightened out, they finally left at 10:00am. They were supposed to have been walking around Disneyland by then. They did end up letting the stay till the park closed, but it was a very frustrating day for everyone involved. We dropped her car off at the school yesterday evening because they were supposed to get in at about 3:00am. DH heard her come in. 

Today is just another day. I have several frustrations with families. People just have a hard time with life. 

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Doubtful but possible. I usually find that the longer I wait to buy an out of print book, the less likely I am to find it or the price is even more inflated when I do.

Based on this information, I decided to have Oldest look at sample chapters of Jacobs 2nd and 3rd edition as well as two chapters from Geometry: A Guided Inquiry. He wants Jacobs 2nd edition, so I ordered it along with the teacher guide.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning!

The campground has pretty good wifi so I am sitting in front of our morning campfire while the kids are down by the river fishing - they were heading out with the fishing poles before dawn.  We will pack up after breakfast and leave for home in a couple hours.   

Coffee!

IMG_2563.jpeg

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

We are taking a cruise to Alaska! Departing Seattle in June.   It's for our 20th anniversary, even if it is happening a few months early.  

I can't wait!

Fun, fun, fun!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

The campground has pretty good wifi so I am sitting in front of our morning campfire while the kids are down by the river fishing - they were heading out with the fishing poles before dawn.  We will pack up after breakfast and leave for home in a couple hours.   

Coffee!

IMG_2563.jpeg

So beautiful!! What a great way to spend a couple of days!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Coffee!

IMG_2563.jpeg

That looks so beautiful.  And so peaceful.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

DD1 forgot to take out the trash cans and it’s trash pick-up day!!

DH ended up doing it before he left for work. All is well.

Points for quoting myself.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1