Menu

Ignore this thread!

Posted (edited)

No ticks. ( I had super duper strength bug spray on. ) And I no longer smell like that bug spray!  And my nails are clean!    

It's a Banished Goat Booyah!

ITT Theme Song   

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.  

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends  

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I got super excited today when I read in my book (All the Beauty in the World: the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Me by Patrick Bringley) about the Gee's Bend Quilt exhibit at the Met and some of their history.  Excited because I have been planning to attend a long weekend at the Alabama Folk School in October where the Gee's Bend quilters have workshops.  Of course, I am planning to do the Old Time music workshops, but still it will be neat to see them.  Maybe some day I will have the gumption to try the quilting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School and work!!

Found out yesterday that I have another UTI, so that’s lots of fun. I got medicine. I am trying to get more rest, too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Good morning!

I returned the rental car and helped ds register for a couple summer CC classes.  I was hoping he could take chemistry but he was unwilling to ask for a change in his work schedule to accommodate the class so he is just taking a couple online courses.   He is leaving for work in a few minutes and I am hoping to have time to get to the grocery store when he gets home.

Today is ds28's last day of work - he's been at this company for almost 5 years.  Yesterday they had a Spreadsheet Tag Tournament which he won and got an adorable little trophy 😂  

I have a bunch of things that need to be worked on today, including a phone call.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Also the back door of the van can't be opened from the outside.  The handle was working fine Tuesday morning but wasn't working when we got to the campground.  You have to crawl inside and reach over the back seat to open the door.  Sigh.  Some YouTubers say this is an inexpensive and easy fix.  Maybe.  We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Another phone call.  Double Svengo.  And grocery shopping.  We have been out of cheese for several days and people were starting to panic.  I tried to drop off an Amazon return at UPS and the UPS store was closed.  As in, completely gone.  Apparently they relocated to a place that I have driven past 6 times today but is too far to go to now. 🙄

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I have our algebra 1 student text and teacher edition! I feel like I should get a 'mom of the year' award or something comparable. It's a lot of work to find a 20+ yr old textbook and matching teacher edition in such great condition without breaking the bank, but I did it! Yes, I know I probably don't technically need the teacher edition but I want my own text to follow along and do the work, too.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I got a cut-and-color today. And did most of the Things. I still feel kinda carpy thanks to the UTI. My back really hurts. I probably have a kidney infection. I will try not to die, per ITT regulations.

Gray is getting big and playful, Slashie.  I read in the news that some cat got sent to someplace via Amazon, so I could totally ship him to you. He’s very cute and doesn’t cry nearly so much anymore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning!

Hope you are feeling considerably better this morning, Krissi.

Ds28 made scrambled eggs and sausage balls for breakfast.  I didn't have time for coffee before bringing the girls to the walk-in clinic for their camp physicals.  Normally I have their PCP do the paperwork, but they need the forms done by Monday to submit for their BSA high adventure trip - they are going white-water kayaking in West Virginia.

We had a huge dumpster delivered to our driveway this morning.  A couple dozen people are going to descend on our house tomorrow morning to do some yardwork/landscaping and take away our chicken coop and do some repair on the back deck.  It is being done by an organization (Both Hands) that helps families raise money for adoptions by doing household projects for widows in their community.

I have a bunch of paperwork to get done today and some other boring tasks.  We're going to take ds28 out to lunch.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Where have all the paperclips gone?  
Long time looking....

Oh, you get me ready in your '23 Sony

Why don't we go sit down at the desk?

Take shelter in the kitchen

The kids will never pitch in

Like a glass of cold coffee?

I will get the postits

If you can find the pens

Where is my Steve Jobs?

Where is my dubsteb song?

Where is my happy ending?

Where have all the paperclips gone!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slache said:

Oh, you get me ready in your '23 Sony

Why don't we go sit down at the desk?

Take shelter in the kitchen

The kids will never pitch in

Like a glass of cold coffee?

I will get the postits

If you can find the pens

Where is my Steve Jobs?

Where is my dubsteb song?

Where is my happy ending?

Where have all the paperclips gone!?

Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m back. Pretty worn out. We went to the AFSA tonight after dinner. I don’t mind shopping, but I hate putting the groceries away. Why is that?

I am the opposite. Let's make a deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

The cicadas are arriving.  They keep talking about a major invasion this year due to two different hoards emerging but I think it's not actually going to be bad in our area - I believe it's in Illinois where the 17-year and 13-year groups overlap.  I remember the overlap that happened here in 1998.  It was bad.  Plus I was 8 months pregnant with dd25.

I expect the volunteers will be arriving in an hour or so.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Housework, etc. today. Ima try to take it easy today as much as I can. I still don’t feel all that great because of the UTI. My lower back hurts, but I don’t have a fever, so….I don’t know. I need a good book to read. Susan, what are you recommending these days?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I am the opposite. Let's make a deal.

Ok. and while you are here, you can take Grey home with you. He’s getting to be a pretty spunky little kitty. Now we just need to get him off the bottle.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

. Susan, what are you recommending these days?

Three Cups of Tea, Everything Sad is Untrue, The Girls in the Stilt House, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, All the Beauty in the World, Walking With Sam, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Born A Crime, When People Are Big and God Is Small

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

They are nearly done.  Still doing a bit on the deck.  They asked me to do a video interview (svengo) and I hate answering questions on the spot.  Oh well.  Hopefully they will edit it thoroughly.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Three Cups of Tea, Everything Sad is Untrue, The Girls in the Stilt House, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, All the Beauty in the World, Walking With Sam, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Born A Crime, When People Are Big and God Is Small

I ordered “All the Beauty in the World” because you mentioned it before.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Warning to anyone who buys used books online:

I just purchased 2 out of print books from an eBay seller named Zuber. Their prices are on the high side, but their seller ratings are fantastic and the listings were for books in VGUC and stated excellent condition. For some strange reason, both books were shipped from different states. I received the first book today. There is a receipt inside the book (dated on the approximate date I purchased from Zuber) from Booksavers that states it was purchased for HALF the price I paid Zuber. There is also a sticker label on the book (as well as it being stated on the receipt) that the condition is 'good'. I agree with the condition being good, it is certainly nowhere near VGUC or excellent. And definitely not worth anywhere near what I paid. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I watched the Kentucky Derby. 

It’s not really a thing for me, but I turned the tv on and there it was. I liked seeing all the fancy clothes. Some of those women looked classy, some just looked weird.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Warning to anyone who buys used books online:

I just purchased 2 out of print books from an eBay seller named Zuber. Their prices are on the high side, but their seller ratings are fantastic and the listings were for books in VGUC and stated excellent condition. For some strange reason, both books were shipped from different states. I received the first book today. There is a receipt inside the book (dated on the approximate date I purchased from Zuber) from Booksavers that states it was purchased for HALF the price I paid Zuber. There is also a sticker label on the book (as well as it being stated on the receipt) that the condition is 'good'. I agree with the condition being good, it is certainly nowhere near VGUC or excellent. And definitely not worth anywhere near what I paid. 

And guess what I just found? 

https://www.librarything.com/topic/337414

Scroll down to number 5. You guessed it.... Zuber is another known bookjacker. Svengo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Good morning!

I am at the ranger station of a local park where dd17 is doing her Eagle project.  Two teams are on the trails and I am here to greet more scouts and other helpers as they arrive.

I expect to be here most of the day.

I saw a humming bird.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Finally home.  It was hot and humid all day but the project was completed and there were no medical emergencies and a snake crossed my path as I was carrying old wood out of the forest.

We are sweaty and full of dirt.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A couple weeks ago I was lounging on the couch under my fluffy blanket thinking, “Whelp, this will be the last Sunday it’s cool enough for this.” But no. We had a weather system come through yesterday and it’s 65 degrees today. Got the fluffy blanket on. It’s supposed to be 90 degrees by Saturday.

• Like 3

It's been freezing this weekend.  High 50's but very damp and rainy which makes it feel even colder.   And I had to be out in it all day yesterday and go out in it again today.  I had too much peopling time this weekend and I'm feeling tired. 

I've lost 20 pounds since my peak back in December.   I've been doing a slight elimination diet to see if I can figure out what's causing the stomach cramps.  I've had them a few times but not nearly as bad and I think I'm getting a feel for what's a bad idea.  

I'm hoping to lose 7 more pounds before we go on our cruise in 6 weeks, which will put me under 200 pounds for the first time in a very long time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

School and work!!

It is going to be a very very busy week. Work is going to be crazy, paperwork due this week , families to visit (lots of families to visit).

This afternoon I have to take DD1 to her annual visit to the pediatric ophthalmologist. He still wants to see her once a year. Since he is the only one in the area, it is quite an ordeal. Long, long, long wait. But, they do have wi-fi, so I should be able to get quite a bit of work done while we are in the waiting room. I’m wondering if he’s going to release her since she’s 18 or if he’s going to pass her to an adult ophthalmologist. Her condition is stable, but….I don’t know.

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

The plan for today seems to be changing by the minute.  Dd15's appointment to get her retainer has been cancelled and I'm in a bit of indecision about getting Sir Pups-a-lot to the vet to take a look at his ear.  They are usually on schedule for appointments but I'd hate to be running late for lessons after that.

Well, it doesn't matter because the appointment that was available is no longer.  They said they'd call if something opens up.  

Other than that I need to find a flower and pretty pot for MIL and pack for our quick trip tomorrow.

Yay an appointment opened up this morning!

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pup got medicine in his ear and is now napping.  I took dd15 to the store to get a little gift for her penpal and got gas in ds28's car which we have been driving quite a bit lately.  I still need to stop by the garden center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am trying the read and the kitten is attacking my foot.

DD's appointment at the pediatric ophthalmologist went well. Even though she's 18 he said he will still see her because she's got some rare condition that only he can monitor. I don't really know what she has, but it could be really bad, apparently.  But it's not progressing. Anyhow. 

• Like 2