Menu

Ignore this thread!

Re: horn beeping.

Is it a thing in your area to beep your car horn the split second the light turns green?  I am experiencing this more and more often these days and it is so annoying.  If a horn is beeped at me I will just sit there a good long while.  Take a sip of water.  Adjust my seatbelt.  My kids have all been taught at driving school to wait two full seconds before entering the intersection.

Oh yay!  A Bad Driver Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT  
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

6 hours ago, 73349 said:

Can you eat soy? Breakfast burritos at my house tonight will probably be made with tofu.

Yes, thank you. 

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is it a thing in your area to beep your car horn the split second the light turns green?  

Luckily not. I'd probably do the same thing and take my sweet time if that became a thing. And then speed up nice and fast in the wrong gear covering the car behind me in a huge cloud of black smoke (thanks to whomever stole the CAT off our heavy-duty truck). 

• Like 3

I've spent way too much time researching highschool math this week. I am so so so grateful for the archive. I've managed to compare two editions each of two separate geometry texts and the differences in how a single topic is taught is very helpful in making a final decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 4/11/2024 at 5:45 PM, Susan in TN said:

I've been listening to Green Onions by Booker T and the MG's.  I imagine it's the kind of tune Junie's dad would have enjoyed playing.  😊

My dad loved playing this! Thanks for the nice memory!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is it a thing in your area to beep your car horn the split second the light turns green?  I am experiencing this more and more often these days and it is so annoying.  If a horn is beeped at me I will just sit there a good long while.  Take a sip of water.  Adjust my seatbelt.  My kids have all been taught at driving school to wait two full seconds before entering the intersection.

Oh yay!  A Bad Driver Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT  
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

I gently beeped at someone in front of me the other day. It was a good 10 seconds after the light turned though and he was on his phone. But really, if you are first in line, pay attention!  Sometimes those turn arrows are short. At least around here.

• Like 1

Just now, ikslo said:

I gently beeped at someone in front of me the other day. It was a good 10 seconds after the light turned though and he was on his phone. But really, if you are first in line, pay attention!  Sometimes those turn arrows are short. At least around here.

How are things?

• Like 1

Just now, Slache said:

How are things?

Okay. I mean, still waiting on a divorce agreement, so still living in the third bedroom on a deflating air mattress. But still planning on a move to Fresno and looking forward to putting this behind me. Spent the day with Ian today and we had a really good day. 

Thanks for asking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm going to find some sea shanties. 

[to "The Wellerman"]

🎵 There once was a school--

twas run by me

with plenty of math and chemistry.

The calendar was full year-round,

but bookshelves soon were low.

Soon may the packages come

and bring us our history and some--

One day, when the youngest is done

he'll take these books and go.  🎵

Edited by 73349
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 73349 said:

[to "The Wellerman"]

twas run by me

and bring us history and some--

No, he won't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Definitely a thing around here but NJ drivers aren't exactly known for their patience.  Not quite as bad as NYC drivers but we're in that metro area so there is a resemblance.

If I truly wasn't paying attention and someone honks, I'll go.  But if I was about to go and someone honks, I'll stop again to make sure there isn't something I need to be aware of, like someone running the red light.   I generally will stop, look in my rear view, look around, and then go.  

• Like 2

I've been busy all week.   No classes except Tuesday but I've been pulling everything off shelves, deep cleaning behind, spraying for ants and putting down traps.   I basically had to undo things that hadn't moved in months (some was newish).   I finished the majority of our organized supplies on shelves in the main classroom and in our storage closet, scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom and hallway.  Today I finish cleaning the main classroom (the "classroom" side rather than the storage side), straighten up my room, and if time, the junior room.  

Hopefully this will take care of the ants.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We got an upright freezer! Now I have to make and freeze all the things.

This is going to be standardized testing week at our house, and then the following week is spring break with DH's parents. (They will come to visit us.) I should see if they want to go to the beach on the Thursday when they're here, weather permitting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

Baby’s last showing of “Frozen” is this afternoon, so that’s when we will go. From all reports it hasn’t been going that great. When oldest DD was in junior high they did “Annie” which was really good. There’s a new choir/drama director at the school now and I am not impressed.

It’s raining.

Last night I stayed up late and ordered DD’s graduation party invitations. I ordered them from Shutterfly. What with this discount and the other and free shipping, I got a pretty good deal. However, I don’t think I bought enough wallet sized of her senior picture.

• Like 3

Edpo. I added Logic for the big two and Artistic Pursuits for the medium two.

This year everyone dropped Latin and everyone dropped Japanese except for John. So, we're down to Spanish and Greek which is what I originally wanted, except for the spaz learning Japanese, but he does that without me.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ikslo said:

10 seconds seems reasonable to me. 😊  By that time you know they haven't noticed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 73349 said:

[to "The Wellerman"]

twas run by me

and bring us our history and some--

A squillion points!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

You all need to stop distracting me with awesome tales and music so I can get something done before the girls get back and I have to go pick them up.  

Ds19 and I played for services this morning.  I had to get up extra early to walk and potty the puppies since the girls are gone and ds28 is busy with a world gamedev event thing.  But we made it there on time and then I realized I forgot to tell the music assistant that we had switched Sundays with the girls.  But they were OK with that.  Between services I was in the nursery and all 12 babies/toddlers were miraculously content.  

I had some leftover potato soup for lunch but I think Imma need more

Coffee!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 73349 said:

We got an upright freezer! Now I have to make and freeze all the things.

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I puffy heart love my upright freezer, may she live forever.

I love mine, too. We’ve had it for probably 20 years.

• Like 3

The girls had a great backpacking trip.  At the trailhead yesterday a dog with a collar and tags came over to play with them and ended up hanging out with them the whole day.  His name was Ollie and he was very protective.  When they jumped in the river to swim a little he would jump right in after them and try to drag them out of the water.  He also retrieved dd's waterbottle which had fallen out of her pack and started floating down the river.  He also liked to hunt (and eat) flies and bees.  

He more or less stayed with them the entire 5 miles to their campsite but took off somewhere in the night and they didn't see him again.  Hopefully he found his family - they said he seemed very comfortable out on the trails so possibly he knew his way around.  There wasn't any cell service so they couldn't call the number on his tag.

They were smoking it on the trail today.  9 miles in less than 4 hours.  I would never have been able to keep up with them.  #cautiousturtlehiking

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Frozen, Jr." was good. The girl who played Anna was really good and had a strong voice.  The girl who played Elsa did a good job, but "Let it Go" was entirely out of her vocal range and wasn't good. I felt bad for her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Have you filed your taxes?

The girls really need to get their gear put away but I don't expect that to happen today.  Dd15 has an ortho appointment this morning, dd17 has a chemistry test, and then they have music lessons this afternoon and their tutorial formal dinner/dance tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday😩😩😩😩

Tax Day!!🤬🤬😩😩😭😭🤮 DH did get ours filed and paid. Now I’d like to see some road improvements and maybe the police chief and fire chief show up at our house and assure us of their best efforts.

School and work. Today is the second of our two yearly in-person teacher in-services. Most of the time we work from home, which can be a little isolating, although I do a lot of visiting with families. But it’s nice to get together with the entire staff (several hundred employees) for a day. They feed us lunch and I like to sit in the back with my friends and talk instead of listening.

Rain is gone. We got close to 2” which is amazing and almost unheard of for mid-April. It’ll warm up and be pretty nice this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to school! I'm never taking two weeks off in a row again. The kids absolutely fell apart. We did a cleaning week and an off week. We'll separate those next time. Baby is pottytrained. Woot.

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Have you filed your taxes?

January 9th, babes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Has anyone used Derek Owens? For Pre-Algebra it says the text is optional, but we need the workbook and I can't find it. Is it something I buy, or a download that comes with tuition? 

He gets them printed by Lulu. https://www.lulu.com/shop/derek-owens/prealgebra-semester-1-student-workbook/paperback/product-1e7zdmk4.html?q=derek+owens&page=1&pageSize=4

That said, I think you can also download while enrolled. The cost of printing it at home is likely to be higher.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The girls are at the formal.  They had fun getting their hair all fancy, lol.  I expect their hair and dresses will be fairly disheveled by the end of the night, what with food and dancing involved.  Dd17 has become somewhat adept at doing the "mop the floor" swing dance move in a formal dress. 😂

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

FRESNO!  (That word looks weird in all caps.)  You and Krissi will practically be neighbors!

And DS told me Sat night that he wants to move with me to CA. Up til now the plan had been for him to stay here with his dad to finish HS. So now I get to have my lawyer redo l the paperwork. I really thought we were like 24 hours from a signed agreement. So I’m not happy about the extended timeline, but I am so super happy DS has decided to come with me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We are back.  After the formal the girls begged me to take them to Andy's to meet up with the kids they'd just spent the past 4 hours with, lol.  Their backpacking blistered feet are not too bad.  

Has anyone visited Wyoming Catholic College?  I suspect dd17 would go bananas over their program.  It's very outdoorsy.  We are not Catholic.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Has anyone visited Wyoming Catholic College?  I suspect dd17 would go bananas over their program.  It's very outdoorsy.  We are not Catholic.

You should check it out. I would love to go to Wyoming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You should check it out. I would love to go to Wyoming.

I keep thinking that if I convince her to go there I will have so many excuses to be in Wyoming.  I stayed somewhere in the state as a teenager on my family's road trip to California.  There was a rodeo going on in the town which I declined to attend because I was an Idiot Teenager and preferred to stay in the Motel and watch movies.

I just realized that the Musik-Brücken home base is in the same town as the college.  Hmmmm.  Maybe *I* should enroll in Wyoming Catholic College.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Good morning!

Pups have been pottied, goats have been banished, trash bins have been taken to the curb, misc. needs have been addressed, and now I have a few minutes to kill before leaving for the eye doctor.  The girls are doing schoolwork.  Tonight there is a scout thing that dd17 needs to attend.  I expect she will want me to drive because it's in a nearby town that she's never driven to before.

Coffee!

• Like 1

I got out of my eye appointment in time to get ds19 to his cello lesson.  The doctor wants me back in 3 months to do another test for macular degeneration.  Also she said that though my eyes have the beginnings of cataracts (typical of being in your mid-50's) it will be another 5-10 years before they'll be able to get insurance to pay for cataract/vision surgery.  In the mean time I can try progressive lenses and see if they help me see my violin music. 

While ds was in his cello lesson I was able to return our old modem to xfinity and stop at the Aldi nearby for flour.

How is it 2:00 already?!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we had turkey for dinner. My mom got a turkey br3ast for us at Thanksgiving and it’s been taking up room in the freezer, so I thawed it and roasted it. It was really good. And we had butternut squash risotto with it. That was good, too. And I watched “Alias” while I cleaned up the kitchen. Sydney Bristow is my alter ego.  I usually only watch the first couple seasons. After Season 2 it gets really weird and Vaughn becomes a simp.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

School and work!!

My calendar is clear today, which means I have an entire day to get everything done that needed to be done last week, but  I haven’t had time to do. I really hope I don’t waste time. It’s supposed to be nice today. Maybe I will take my laptop out on the patio.

• Like 3