Menu

Ignore this thread!

Happy Monday.

I was feeling crappy all day today.   Didn't sleep well, then didn't have many options for breakfast (dh worked all weekend so didn't grocery shop) so had chocolate donuts, which didn't hit my stomach well.  Came home from work and took a nap, then had a healthy dinner and I feel much better now.  

Hoping for a better Tuesday.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Slache said:

I meant I haven't used it.

🤣🤣🤣

I thought you were saying I didn't EdPo. I did.

I understood the "haven't tried them" part.

I found a short video on MP's YouTube that shows some of their flashcards. None were math, but the video showed the quality, which is what I was after. Wow, MP uses a TON of flashcards!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I thought you were saying I didn't EdPo. I did.

I understood the "haven't tried them" part.

I found a short video on MP's YouTube that shows some of their flashcards. None were math, but the video showed the quality, which is what I was after. Wow, MP uses a TON of flashcards!

Flashcards are good. I never used MP's. I always bought cheap ones on Amazon or made my own.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

And even though it is Easter Break I am up at my regular Tuesday time. Well, at least I don’t have to work. This morning I am having a couple of friends over for coffee and chat. My Wednesday hair appointment was moved to today since my hairdresser lost her father last week and is rescheduling everything. I am bringing them dinner tomorrow night. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Slache said:

Step 1. Increase chocolate consumption. 

Step 2. Lose 3 pounds in 3 weeks.

Step 3. Increase chocolate consumption again to see if that's the cause.

We are now on step 3.

I appreciate your dedication to #science and look forward to reviewing your full analysis. If you are looking to recruit more study participants, I encourage you to do so by this weekend, when many may be prepared to gather data for research purposes.

(The box of Easter candy sample materials at my research facility remains sealed.)

Edited by 73349
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm trying to do something soooo simple that I literally can't make or even beg my computer or phone to do it. It's just a simple worksheet with 4 flowers that need to be the same size. I could do this in a couple of minutes 20 years ago without a problem. Technology is now micromanaging every.single.feature?! On to plan B, I guess. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 73349 said:

I appreciate your dedication to #science and look forward to reviewing your full analysis. If you are looking to recruit more study participants, I encourage you to do so by this weekend, when many may be prepared to gather data for research purposes.

(The box of Easter candy sample materials at my research facility remains sealed.)

7 gazillion bonus points.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm trying to do something soooo simple that I literally can't make or even beg my computer or phone to do it. It's just a simple worksheet with 4 flowers that need to be the same size. I could do this in a couple of minutes 20 years ago without a problem. Technology is now micromanaging every.single.feature?! On to plan B, I guess. 

I hate this.  I hate trying to dismember a basic document-creating program so that it doesn't autoformat everything.  The program NEVER understands how I want a thing to be formatted.  Sometimes I am lucky and can get ds28 involved before starting so I don't pull out half my hair beforehand.

• Like 2

Good afternoon!

It's been a busy day.  Took Little Pup to the vet for shots first thing this morning and then brought him home, cleaned van of puppy throwup and then straight to Aldi.  Back home.  Groceries away.  Take ds19 to cello lesson.  Back home.  Eat food.  Bring girls to dentist.  Pick up ds from cello lesson.  Back to dentist to wait for girls to be done (Yay no cavities!  It finally stopped raining!) and now home again.  Imma have a snack and more

Coffee!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I did buy CLE's phonics flashcards. 

I had and gave these away because they were just too busy and full of color. Simple worked best for keeping Oldest focused on the task at hand. Not sure with the youngers yet, but I have a feeling they will be similar in this area.

• Like 4

I remembered to take down the harbor bell chime which is used every year to end our Good Friday service and brought it inside to clean it off a bit and found a WASP!!! stuck to the clapper and got thoroughly freaked out even though I'm pretty sure it's dead.  The bell is now out on the back deck.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

This year has been so busy!  Dd17 will be graduating from homeschool this year, and the final semester is so much work for both of us.  

My health has been improving, so that helps, but I still feel like I haven't been getting enough sleep and then the days just feel like constant everything.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I woke up in the middle of the night and my brain wouldn't shut up so I'm extra tired this morning.  I have string quartet this afternoon and Good Friday services rehearsal tonight.  Dinner is in the IP - taco soup.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!! This week is flying by. I need it to stop!!

Middle DD has a dentist appointment this morning and then we are going shopping in the Big City. I am bringing dinner to my hairdresser tonight because her dad passed away and life is kind of in an uproar for her right now.  but, I have that mostly prepped, so it should be easy to put together when we get home.

Yesterday I had my girlfriends over in the morning and got my hair done in the afternoon, and made some phone calls. Svengo. And started another book, “Where Did You Go, Bernadette?” by Maria Semple, which I believe Susan mentioned recently.  Love it. Love it. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

And started another book, “Where Did You Go, Bernadette?” by Maria Semple, which I believe Susan mentioned recently.  Love it. Love it. 

I need Jean to read it and let us know if Bernadette is accurate in her descriptions of Seattle.  And Canadians, lol.

• Like 2

I'm pooped.  String quartet was great - we played a set of 5 short pieces by Hindemith, then a Beethoven which was an almost comical disaster and then a minimalist piece by Pärt which was very fascinating despite the fact that my part consisted of holding two notes the entire piece.

I stopped by Kroger on the way home to get a few things.  It took me longer than usual because I was working off 3 different lists - Easter list, misc. list, and coupon list.  But eventually it all got in the cart and now must put everything away.  I wish my iPad would stop trying to make me a better writer.  iOS is an idiot.

• Like 4

iTired. I took the girls shopping today. Got some good bargains, including a $54 pair of jeans at JC Penny’s marked down to $7-something. The total with tax was $8.77. Very happy about that. 

Made dinner for my hairstylist. It turned out good, I was very glad. I’m always afraid I’m going to bring a meal to someone and they will think it’s gross.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Little Pup threw up his dinner on the front porch last night and some animal cleaned it up for us in the night.  I'm guessing opossum.  I think our little bunny Hazel is not long for this world.  She's quite elderly.  Her brother died a year and a half ago.

Some People have left for tutorial, others will leave soon for work, and I will be home looking for our eclipse glasses.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Maundy Thursday!!

I have a little less busy day today. I’m glad for that. I’m going to meet with 3 other moms to plan this graduation party our daughters want to have together. That should be …… interesting.

• Like 2

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Today is just a regular old Thursday.  I"m not doing my first class since I have too many students absent and the one student that is here went into class with his siblings instead.   No meetings tonight, no classes tomorrow, but a super busy weekend.

Dh and I are presenting a workshop at a science workshop day for 4H and then, of course, Sunday is Easter.  Dh is cooking dinner but we're eating at dd's apartment since she has more space and it's about halfway between our house and my mother's house so a little more convenient.  dd is having lunch/brunch with her dad so it's hard for her to make dinner at my mom's out in the boonies.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I haven't found the eclipse glasses yet but I DID find my little yellow travel sketchbook which I was very worried about losing.  Yay!

Are you coming here for it?

• Like 2

So, we had the meeting. That went fine. It was better than I had hoped. I just hate dealing with people and large gatherings and things I'm supposed to know and do... I don't want to do any of it. I just want to whine. And nobody is letting me do that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Come to Texas.  It's where all the cool kids are going.

I would love to. But I have to do all the things here. Like help plan a big graduation party. That I don't even want to go to.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I would love to. But I have to do all the things here. Like help plan a big graduation party. That I don't even want to go to.

The solution is Texas and key lime pie.  Work those two things in and Bob's your uncle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

A blessed Good Friday to you.

Dd17 is trying to convince her troop/venture crew to schedule a trip to BSA Swamp Base in Louisiana.  Paddling through and camping on swamps.  Yay Snakes! Mud! Bugs! Alligators!  😭  One thing is for sure - I have not managed to raise any Southern Princesses, lol.

We are planning a bunny funeral for today.  I think dd21 will try to get here for it - she doesn't have work or class today.

The afternoon/evening will be spent in Good Friday services (and rehearsal).  I might try to start on banana pudding.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Blessed Good Friday to you all!!

Today i just need to start getting ready for Easter. I need to go to the grocery store and get a ham and a few other essentials. Church service is tonight.

• Like 2

I live in the 89% band from the eclipse so we aren't planning to go anywhere.   We have a 95% chance of it being cloudy that day (although do they really know this far ahead??).  I'll see what the weather looks like for that day and we may take a trip about 30 miles Northeast to High Point NJ and watch from there.  Or not.   I do have glasses and binoculars to watch with if the weather cooperates.  

• Like 4

I've been putting milk in my tea for the past week because it's supposed to be better for teeth and I'm definitely getting some staining/weakness.  But I've also been super achy this week and I'm wondering if it could be due to the milk.  I don't have milk often, mainly just occasionally in cereal or what's used in cooking, and I do get achy/feel a little yucky when I eat cereal but I've always blamed it on the cereal.  Maybe it's the milk?

There been a few other choices this week that could also be contributing.  How many days does it take for inflammatory foods to leave your system?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1