Menu

Ignore this thread!

21 minutes ago, 73349 said:

It's always pumpkin at my house. I'm going to be brave and try replacing the eggs with soft tofu this time!

yummy pumpkin.  I think the plan is quiche for breakfast and Korean beef rice bowl pie for dinner, which is cooked rice formed into a crust shape in a pie plate and the rest of the stuff put in the middle.  Like a pie.  Dd15 wants to make an apple pie.    

I saw tofu at Aldi last week.  I think I will get some for the next time I make hot & sour soup.

Yay it's a Pie-Planning Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.  

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends  

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I had someone talk to me today about the admin position I want to hire for.  Someone else to do all the paperwork stuff would be wonderful.  I'm teaching 20 classes (some are repeats of each other, all are things I've already taught in the past) next year.    I don't want to do paperwork too.

• Like 5

Apple pie, hands down. I like Boston Cream Pie better, but that's a cake and everyone needs to stop lying about it.

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'd love to read it. Especially if it's a book about the many many adventures in the life of Slachie. 

No, it's about a wizard and roughly 900 years of his life.

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes, you should do this.  Plus all your brilliant children can provide editing advice and artwork.

This would be a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I had someone talk to me today about the admin position I want to hire for.  Someone else to do all the paperwork stuff would be wonderful.  I'm teaching 20 classes (some are repeats of each other, all are things I've already taught in the past) next year.    I don't want to do paperwork too.

That’s a lot of classes, Toto.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

That’s a lot of classes, Toto.

Yeah, but I'll actually only be working 10am to 3:30pm Monday through Thursday and only until 12:30pm on Fridays except certain weeks.   Not even full time (if I don't have all the paperwork to do as well).   99% of my classes will be fully planned if I can resist tweaking stuff.  

• Like 3

Why isn't Boston Creme Pie a pie?  It has a crust.  

I like ice cream pie - softened ice cream mixed with cool whip and pudding mix in a chocolate cookie crust then placed in the freezer to harden but in the fridge an hour before serving.  Maybe some Magic shell on top.  Yummy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay I'm seeing that some "Boston Creme Pie" is actually most definitely cake.

But I've usually had Boston Creme Pie that is actually pie in a crust.

I have never seen it with a crust. Now I'm intrigued. Bemused. I must investigate. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

IKR?  Like strawberry pretzel salad.  So delicious but not a salad.

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Unless you hold to the theory that everything is a salad, in which case Boston Cream Pie is also a salad.

kind of like on Veggie Tales….if it doesn’t have a tail it’s not a monkey, even if it had a monkey kind of shape?

• Like 3

Good morning!

If a salad is a mixture of meats, vegetables, fruits, and/or starches with a dressing or sauce, then most dishes qualify as a salad.  I like salad, lol.

Today people have work and school and other duties and tasks.  I have string quartet this afternoon after which I need to stop by the post office to mail son-in-law's birthday present.  The girls have youth group and choir tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Afternoon!

Happy Wednesday!

Just got back from the eye doctor.  Dd13 couldn't find any frames she liked (in two stores), so we gave up.  The doctor said that her prescription had only changed by .25 in each eye, so she's fine with the glasses she has.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I went to my girly doctor this morning and got my yearly girly thing done and I hate doctors offices so much every year I promise to never return but alas I do

Masochist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I went to my girly doctor this morning and got my yearly girly thing done and I hate doctors offices so much every year I promise to never return but alas I do

My PCP says I only have to go to the girly doctor every 3 years. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All my kids need to visit the eye doctor.  So do I.  My vision is driving me bananas.  It's so hard to play music because I'm either too close or too far away from the music stand to see the music.  Dd15 routinely has to superglue her glasses frames together and dd17 says her lenses are all scratched up but she can see fine.

String quartet was particularly good today, despite having trouble seeing the music.  (It's tolerable if I put my glasses at the very end of my nose.)  We played some Duke Ellington, a Shostakovich, and a particularly fun Haydn.

Dinner tonight is Krissi's Famous Loaded Potato Soup.  I'm so hungry.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School for some, work for others.

Wednesday Night church was a complete nightmare last night. I don’t know if it was the time change or what. I actually had to raise my voice.

Got DD’s senior pictures back. Ugh. They turned out really good. How am I going to choose?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ikslo said:

I hate the doctor, too. They always ask so many questions. I really wish they could come up with that wand thing they had in Star Trek where you just lay on the table and they wave it over you and know exactly what is wrong.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

So….. how do you do it.

Up at the top of the page, click on your name, then on the drop-down thing it should have something that says "my attachments".  Click on that and it will give you a page with all your posts with attachments.  So click on one and you can edit that post to remove the photo.  

earlier on in my photo posting, I didn't realize you can reduce the file size so some of those files were super big!

• Like 1

Beaverton the Groundhog has been spending a lot of time out in the sunshine at the edge of our yard.  I threw all the apple peels into the yard yesterday in case he likes them.  I really have no idea what a groundhog wants to eat.  Except onion grass.  I know he likes onion grass.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Question. We're making a double batch of chili to freeze half. We disagree on if we should put the beans in the freezer half or keep them out until we get the chili out. Tell me what to do, please. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Question. We're making a double batch of chili to freeze half. We disagree on if we should put the beans in the freezer half or keep them out until we get the chili out. Tell me what to do, please. 

Freeze with the beans.  Or not.  I freeze chili with the beans.

58 minutes ago, Slache said:

I can't believe it's been 14 minutes and none of you have come through for me.

Sorry - I just got back from rehearsal and then started on a piece of apple pie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago,  Susan in TN said: 

No one should ever turn down pie for any reason, except certain death. 

-------------------

An Ode to Pie

by KrissiK

Pie.

I love pie.

Cream pie.

Fruit Pie.

Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.

Boysenberry pie, fresh from the oven with a side of high quality vanilla icecream, right there on the plate, melting just a little so the melted icecream mixes with the berry juices.

Pie.

6/2018

------------------

I love me some pie.

Apple, pumpkin, buttermilk

I will share with you.

Susan - Pi(e) Day, 2019 

-------------------

I miss pecan pie

Perhaps I can make a pie

With Pillsbury crust

Renai 11/2017