Menu

Ignore this thread!

I worked for a couple of hours outside. It is a beautiful day out, that’s for sure. Sun is shining, temps are perfect. I weeded, fertilized the miniature roses and generally puttered around. My container garden on the back patio is doing all right, in spite of all the damage Lorinda the peacock did. A big fern looks dead, but I cut it back and am watering it, so here’s hoping.

Oooh, I got another Booya/h. Two in a row. It’s a gardening Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Amazon gift cards need no wrapping.  Just in case you get in a bind.

I have done Things.  Sewed little fabric loops onto my travel towel-shawl, hemmed my pants up an inch so I won't step on them any more, and repaired the tent.  The tent is in a little worse shape than I thought and I'm still not sure that I've gotten all the holes.  It looks to me like "someone" was too rough with it and dragged it across rocks or tree branches or something.  I do not quite believe the "small critter damage" story. I may ask dd17 to buy it from me so I can purchase myself a new backpacking tent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I will be missing service this morning because I have to pick up the girls from their campout.  Ds19 has a recital this afternoon and then I have the Ladies of Grief Book Club.

Yesterday the high temp was about 45* and today it's supposed to get up to 65*.  I need to prune the rosebush but that will probably have to wait until Tuesday.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church,!

So, my bread for the bake sale turned out tolerable. The third and fourth batches did. I was up late. Frustrated am I. You do have to have a feel for the texture of the dough and somehow….I just don’t. 

• Like 2

The cello recital went very well.  I don't know how ds can learn and memorize music when he rarely practices, but nevertheless.  Book club was good.  It is good to get together with other widows who understand all the ways that you are struggling and will remind you that you are NOT being stupid or pathetic.  

Anyways.  Next month I am hosting and chose the book "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" because it seems we all could use a light, fun read.  I'll need suggestions for St. Patrick's Day snacks 😁

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I didn't sleep much last night and even when I was sleeping I was having Dreams.  Ugh.  Dd15 has an ortho appointment in an hour and this afternoon we have the usual Monday things.  

Dd17 is hoping to get her family project done today (cleaning and resetting the driveway pavers) which could happen if everyone makes themselves available to help.  She is needing to get an Eagle project set up and does not seem to have a handle on the idea that she can't just go do a conservation project on a river without first getting approval and instruction from the state and county environmental departments.  Fortunately she is meeting with a scout leader tonight whose advice I am thinking she will accept, because she has no intention of listening to MY advice, lol.

We have another situation tonight where we could use another vehicle for a rehearsal ds19 needs to get to but I think we can manage with drop off and pick up as long as he's willing to sit around for a while afterwards waiting to be picked up.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Morning, It's Tuesday.  My head-in-to-work-super-early-because-ds-needs-the-car-for-school day.

Yesterday there was a problem with the sewer system at work so my sink wouldn't drain and the toilet starting leaking out the bottom.  So we had no bathroom to use all day.  It wasn't a me problem it was a whole building problem so they took care of it last night.   So we should be good today when I get in.   

Older dd's car issue has been resolved with a new (used/refurbished) engine but she also is driving on a bald tire so for safety sake we're paying for new tires for her the end of this week.  

Younger dd was having an existential crisis last night about the state of the country (she's a 16 year old lesbian with a black girlfriend who lives in North Carolina) - too young to vote or be effective but old enough to know how screwed up things are.   Plus she's an artist and AI is making it hard on artists.    She didn't want to tell me because she thought I'd scoff at her being "silly" but we spoke about it for a while.  

Ds seems to be doing well.  Pre-Calculus is turning out to be easier than he was worried about. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

School and work!!

Gotta drive out to the far reaches of the County today. it’s a nice drive, though, and the weather is supposed to be good.

Toto, I’m glad you were able to have a good talk with DD last night.

• Like 4

Good morning!

The harbor bell was ding-a-linging like crazy due to Spring Weather.  I was too tired-lazy to go outside in the dark and shush it so I tried unsuccessfully to ignore it.  There's now a plastic bag stuffed in it - I like hearing it during the day but don't trust my memory to remember to do it before bed.

When I was bringing the trash bins out to the curb I saw some trash skittering down the street from a bin that had blown over.  There was a paper plate that rolled all the way down the hill and finally got stuck (still upright) under the bumper of a car.  It was beautiful. 🤣

After ds19 gets back from his cello lesson, dd17 and I will go to the rapid oil change place and then a local park so she can scout out ideas for her eagle project.

In the mean time I need to see if I can figure out why my printer has stopped working.

Coffee!

• Like 2

I got my printer working.  The guy at the oil change place seemed genuinely happy to see me and eager to get my van checked out.  I wonder if that's his personality or if they have a superior customer service training program.

There are people checking out the vacant house across the street.  I wonder if I should wrap my head in a towel, let the pups out and chase them around in my pj's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

School and work!!

Yesterday ended up crazy, but not as crazy as it could have been. I ended up not driving all the way to the far reaches of the County, as the family at the last minute asked for a Zoom meeting. Which was fine. Then, my cousin texted me in the afternoon and said I was inadvertently left off the guest list for her daughter’s bridal shower and could I come? The shower was last night. So, because I wasn’t going on my little trip, I was able to go to the shower, which was delightful.

However, today I’m driving and meeting three other families, but that’s fine. I’m leaving earlier and will be home earlier. 

Baby has cheer camp again tonight. Last night oldest DD went to the girls’ basketball game. They are advancing in post-season play, which is great. They quite handily beat a team in their division from LA last night.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

There are people checking out the vacant house across the street.  I wonder if I should wrap my head in a towel, let the pups out and chase them around in my pj's.

Do you have an old refrigerator you can drag out to your front porch? That might be fun, too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

I woke up to thunder and then decided it was just someone taking in their trash bins and then realized it really was thunder.  Little Pup pee'd and pooped twice just in time for the deluge.  My glass rain gauge tipped over in the windy night and broke.  That's the third one I've lost in the last 4 months. 🙄

It was 65 degrees when I woke up and it will continue to get colder until we are at 28 degrees tomorrow morning. ❄️

Yesterday was a mentally and emotionally difficult day and I am hoping today things start looking up.  Fortunately, there is 

Coffee!

• Like 3

EdPo:

What can I use for grade 1 science and history/geo/social studies that doesn't require written output? My state requires these subjects but I want to limit written work to reading, phonics, and math or I'd just grab CLE. I'm thinking read alouds like CLP nature reader and/or something else, but I'm drawing a blank. I know this. I planned this. I cannot recall what I had planned, though. Svengo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

What can I use for grade 1 science and history/geo/social studies that doesn't require written output? My state requires these subjects but I want to limit written work to reading, phonics, and math or I'd just grab CLE. I'm thinking read alouds like CLP nature reader and/or something else, but I'm drawing a blank. I know this. I planned this. I cannot recall what I had planned, though. Svengo.

I did Apologia and Notgrass.

Hi!

• Like 4

I am not planning for next year.  Most of it is planned out already.  I'll probably have to get some things for tutorial classes.

String quartet was a good mental exercise.  Somehow I didn't expect Britten to be so difficult.  Nevertheless.  It was good.  Then we changed gears and did some Bach.  Not easy but at least more comprehensible, lol.  

I stopped by Kroger on the way home for a few things since I will not be able to do my usual Friday morning at Aldi.  They had fresh raspberries on sale. 😊

• Like 3

Good Morning!!
COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

The train came through our town at 4:45am, whistling at every.single.intersection. And then I think he turned around and did it about 45 more times because not everyone in town had been woken up yet.😡

School and work. Another full day. I’m teaching 2 classes and then I have 3 family meetings. The three I had yesterday were good, but two were pretty intense. Those two went long, so I didn’t get a break between any of them. Today should be fine. 

Supposed to be getting a big ol’ winter storm coming in tomorrow. Yeah, I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!  Happy Leap Day!

I have a niece who was born on this date.  I think she's had 10 or 11 birthdays.

The girls have gone to tutorial and ds19 leaves for work in a few minutes.  I have put laundry away and made hard-cooked eggs in the IP.

Not much else going on.  Orchestra rehearsal tonight.  

Coffee!

• Like 2

Traffic.  I don't understand it.  Last season (22/23) I rarely encountered any slow traffic on my way to rehearsal.  I could leave at 6:10 and get there in plenty of time.  This season (23/24), I am late every. single. stinking. week.  I check the directions on my phone and give myself an extra 15-20 minutes.  And I am still late.  Today at 5:45 it said 50 minutes.  So I left at 5:55.  By the time I got to the highway it added 10 minutes.  Then 15.  Then 20.  I am just not willing to leave the house at 5:30 for a rehearsal that is only 30 miles away.  Stupid traffic.

In other news, I am all packed for the weekend, which requires very little in the way of packing.  I'm going to an "Old Time Music Festival".

Has anyone seen when the Barkley Marathons are scheduled?  I couldn't find anything online.  Probably the best way to find out is to see what weekend the campsites at Frozen Head State Park are completely booked.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!! 
School and work!! Our school is supposed to have Park Day today, but a huge storm is supposed to be moving in, so I am thinking cancellation. I am hoping cancellation. I am rather behind in my paperwork and could use the time behind my computer.

DD is supposed to go to winter camp today. I’m wondering if they are going to cancel that. They’re going to be measuring snow in feet this weekend in the Sierras. They closed Yosemite. for crying out loud.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Morning, Happy Friday.

Dd is getting new tires on her car so will come here to wait while they're done and do laundry and her taxes while here so I can help with taxes if needed.  

I was going to do laundry myself but ds decided to do some last night before I could get started, now dd wants to do today.  My schedule is somewhat more flexible than theirs so I guess I wait.  

No big projects this weekend for a change.  Just general putting things away, laundry, regular class plans.  

• Like 2

On 2/28/2024 at 10:48 AM, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

There's always a unit study like KONOS, Vol. 1.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

Isaac "read" me a book with animals and when he didn't know the name he made one up in a tone suggesting it was completely accurate. Moose was dinga and racoon was geeno.

Confidence will take you a long way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Evening!

I’ve been busy using up all my available brain cells at the Old Time music festival.  There are lots of nice folks here so it hasn’t been bad being here by myself.

We’ve had interesting lectures and learning sessions and jam sessions.  I played in my first ever Picnic Shelter Jam Session, so I feel like a real musician now, lol.

As much time as I spent learning tunes before coming to this, they’ve played exactly One tune that I know.  ONE!  In TWO DAYs of music!  I’m such a dolt!  I guess you have to start somewhere.

It’s almost dinner time.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!️. I am doing Children’s Church today during the sermon and it is the longest 45 minutes of my life. There are different people running it every week so there’s no consistency. It is a total nightmare.

DH’s parents are coming over for lunch after church. We are having creamy chicken and wild rice soup. And I made bread yesterday.

• Like 3