Menu

Ignore this thread!

17 hours ago, ikslo said:

I hate shopping for mattresses so if anyone wants to give me input on what I want to buy, that'd be fantastic. So. many. options.

I hate deciding on mattresses. We’ve done spring and foam and pillow top…. can’t find anything we like. I think getting old makes it impossible to get comfortable on anything.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

whatcha readin’, Junie???

Oh, and you got a Booya/h there!!

I haven't had a booyah in forever.

Every year, I choose one long book that I've never read before to be my "outside" book.  This year I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov.

• Like 2

Morning, Happy Friday.

Dh, dd and I are heading up to 4H Winter Camp this afternoon.  It's going to be a gorgeous weekend, up to the 60's tomorrow, so not too many "winter" activities will be going on.  Should be great for hiking though.   This is our first time going and dd is feeling some anxiety, she's hoping to make some IRL friends.  

Older dd's car died on her yesterday.  She had waited too long to get an oil change, got the oil change done, after the car "threw a rod" which punctured the engine??, so the car was making loud noises and smoking and broke down in the middle of the road.  She called me crying in a panic and I had her call AAA and dh and they dealt with the immediate problem.  But it looks like she needs a new car or at least a new engine.   

Not completely clear if the oil change place did something wrong or the timing is coincidental but they definitely overcharged her for some stuff.  

She's already having some big money issues without that expense.  She lives alone and her rent has gone up while her income hasn't really, she has a bunch of weddings that she's in this year.  Her and her boyfriend are talking about moving in together but not for a few months so she's seriously considering moving back home for a few months.  If so, she'd be sharing a not very large room with her younger sister.  But she's welcome to move back if that's what she needs, we will figure it out.   

She's borrowing one of our cars for the weekend, which means ds is going to be left home alone with no car, but he was very unlikely to go out anywhere anyway.   We need it back Monday since we have work and ds has school, but she said she can work something out for the beginning of next week.    Then I guess her and dh may be going car shopping.  

Older kid drama is sometimes even more fun than younger kid drama. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good morning!

I left for Aldi early so I could get in right when they opened and then be back home before ds19 needed to leave for his cello lesson. (I'm having brain issues - I literally first typed "chello".  🙄)

Little Pup has decided that cardboard is his favorite snack.  

Almost all the Christmas decorations are boxed up.  The living room and front porch trees and lights are still up, but I think that's about everything.  Oh, except for all the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling.  The girls begged to leave them up for a little while longer.

Coffee!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Junie said:

I haven't had a booyah in forever.

Every year, I choose one long book that I've never read before to be my "outside" book.  This year I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov.

I have not read that book. I've thought about it, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I heard once, "Little kids, little problems; Big kids, big problems."

For all that I'm wrestling with what to do with the rest of DS's education, at least we're sleeping through the night. I'll take it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I worked an extra hour today to get my internal Quality newsletter done and submitted to Marketing for distribution. So I bought some wine on the way home. Tomorrow I visit with my Aunt who is in town, but tonight…wine.

Edited by ikslo
  • Thanks 3

Since Little Pup won't potty in the rain, he pooped on the rug.  🙄

For the past three nights I have forgotten to start the dishwasher before bed.  I have been doing this for the past, oh, ten years and have forgotten to start it once in a while, but THREE nights in a row?  Add to that my difficulty in spelling "chello" and I'd say I'm probably in need of a vacation.  Or at least a weekend.    

The Februaries have definitely arrived.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

I worked an extra hour today to get my internal Quality newsletter done and submitted to Marketing for distribution. So I bought some wine on the way home. Tomorrow I visit with my Aunt who is in town, but tonight…wine.

Cheers! 🥂

• Like 1

Good morning!

It's The Weekend!

Today's weather calls for rain all day long with occasional thunderstorms.  Hey look at that - I spelled "occasional" correctly on the first try!  My goal for the day is to have the boys help me take down the Christmas lights and trees and get all the boxes ready to put back into the attic.

Little Pup has already been out twice to potty, eaten breakfast, and pooped on the rug.  I am fortifying myself with 

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I think on top of the UTI I now have a cold as well. Bleh.

Oldest DD’s choir production begins today. I guess we’ll go to the 3:00 showing. There are two casts and her cast is doing 3:00. They are doing “Peter Pan”.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

Sportsball!!🏈🏈🏈 Go Niners!!

I still feel carpy. UTI symptoms are gone, I guess, but now I think I have a cold.  Bleh!!

14 hours people. I was the last one to post and that was yesterday.

So…. about the storyline of Peter Pan….does anyone else think it’s icky that Wendy has a crush on Peter, but he just wants her to be his mother and take care of him and then at the end he runs off with her daughter? And this is supposedly a children’s story?? I walked out of that auditorium seriously disturbed.

• Like 3

The Winter Camp was....not great.    Definitely geared toward outgoing, extroverted, rambunctious teens, not any who may need things a bit quieter.  The "ice breaker" getting to know you games involved running back and forth in a very small room while yelling.  Dd wasn't the only one completely overwhelmed by the chaos, but as a get to know you activity, it was pretty useless as well.   Which sucked because dd was looking forward to actually getting to know people and there really wasn't great opportunities.  Most of the attendees were there with friends and basically just hung out with their friends all weekend.  No real efforts or activities to encourage mingling.  

I did get over 13,000 steps in on Saturday. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

Good afternoon!

I was out of the house before 7 to play in services this morning.  Cold and damp.  And it was freezing in the church.  And my mandolin strap put a big black smear on my nice white shirt.  My fingertips were starting to blister by second service despite the fact that I've been practicing regularly.  And when I got home I tried to take a nap but little pup barked in his crate for 20 minutes and so finally I gave up on any of the other 4 able-bodied humans in this house actually doing anything so I got up and took pup out again and now am drinking more coffee.

Guess who needs the cranky pants today? 😂

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morning Happy Monday.

I went to bed early last night.  I was tired after the weekend and have work today.    Mondays are pretty easy, only three classes then likely a trip to the Y.    This is likely to be a busy week since I have both 4H clubs plus a board meeting this week.  

Except, we are supposed to get snow tonight so there's a decent chance I'll have a snow day tomorrow.    We are located right where bands intersect so we are either getting 4-6 inches or 8-12 inches.  Probably closer to the 8-12 since we are on a mountain in a little pocket that tends to be colder and the difference is due to a switchover from rain to snow.  

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Had a fun time at a Super Bowl party last night.  I'm a night owl, so it doesn't bother me, but I'm guessing that games on the West Coast are a bit easier to handle logistically.  The game ended at 11pm here.

• Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I did not watch the game, though they had it on at church group fellowship.  We don't have cable service so I'm not even sure how we would watch it if we wanted to.

I slept pretty well last night.  Today we have all the usual Monday Things, plus a choir tour parent meeting.  It is cold and rainy again.  No snow, though - 8-12 inches here would Shut Things Down!  In January when we got 2-4 inches and then ice, we didn't get any mail for a week and a half.

We finished the Big Puzzle.  We found the piece that we thought was missing under part of the puzzle.  Usually we blame missing pieces on the dogs, who like to eat crap.

Coffee!

• Like 1

It is raining and cold and windy.  But my house is warm and dry.  Puppies are in for the night and Imma sit here and look through a catalog.  It was International Mail Day here - I got packages from Lithuania (etsy fabric) and Canada (leather pick holder) and ds29 got a letter from Poland (some kind of computer chip thing.  It's possible he works for the CIA.  J/K.  I have no idea why he's getting stuff from Poland.)

• Like 3