a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT    
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

It's another drizzly day out.

I expect there to be minimal lessons accomplished today because the girls have to pack for a weekend campout with the scout OA (it's like the honor society in boy scouts).  Later this afternoon I will drive them and a fellow scout to the camp which is about an hour away.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Wow, somehow it was an entire page ago that I was last on here even to read.   This week has been busy but I didn't think it was that busy.  

I have to march in a St Patrick's Day parade tomorrow and it's going to be raining.  Yuck.

We have snowbells, crocuses, daffodils and hyacinths coming up.  That is not normal for this time of year where I am.  We also have the spring peepers croaking down by the river and fireflies in the yard.   Also not normal.  We are having really screwy weather.

dh and I are possibly planning a trip to Italy for our 20th anniversary in October.   Probably a tour since neither of us speak any Italian.  Older dd is actually going to Italy in July for a wedding.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

dh and I are possibly planning a trip to Italy for our 20th anniversary in October.   Probably a tour since neither of us speak any Italian.  Older dd is actually going to Italy in July for a wedding.  

That sounds amazing!  I am happy to volunteer to go along in the role of Emotional Support Personnel as needed. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I ordered stuff. Lots of stuff. Curriculum stuff galore but very simple to implement so I don't lose my mind next year. So glad that part is over. Svengo.

Yay you did it!  Now for chocolate.

• Like 5

Dd17's Eagle project has been approved by the council!  In 3 days!  We were expecting a 3-week wait - there are other projects she knows of that were submitted before hers and are still awaiting approval so she is super stoked.

Also, I just got an email that dd15 passed the math readiness entrance exam for next year's chemistry class.  Double yay!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I am up significantly earlier today than usual for a Saturday. My cousin’s daughter is getting married today and I am helping set tables. At 8:00am. On a Saturday. 

I had a Benadryl sleep last night thanks to all those wildflowers at the photo shoot. It was wonderful. I can’t wait to see those photos. Oh to be young and beautiful and thin.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That sounds amazing!  I am happy to volunteer to go along in the role of Emotional Support Personnel as needed. 😂

And I am happy to go along, too, as baggage handler, food taster and photographer so you don’t have to get involved in doing those pesky selfies.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I am finishing up my coffee but feel like I could use another cup.  My goal for today is to search for a replacement lightbulb for the porch light and see what I can do about my slow-draining bathroom sink.

Coffee!

• Like 4

We've decided that Tobey has at least 4 bladders which he holds in reserve to create a dramatic system of lakes in the kitchen and dining area when the mood strikes.

Also, he has unfortunately discovered the thrill of eating puzzle pieces.

In other news, my son-in-law made a delicious tomato pie for our dinner.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Daylight Savings Time Sunday!! This is the worst Sunday of the entire year. I am not one of those who have strong opinions about DST (and there are some who have very strong opinions), but I sure hate the Spring changeover.

Church today.

• Like 4

Morning, the parade yesterday was even more miserable than I thought it would be.  It was 46 degrees but very damp and it started raining right as we started marching.   I couldn't get warm afterwards, not even with a warm shower, fleece pjs and a blanket.  Only crawling into bed with the heated mattress pad did it.

• Sad 4

Looks like Italy may wait until 2025.   If we go this October we'd have to use credit, if we wait to 2025 there are a bunch of payments/bills going away and we could pay cash.  We don't really want to rack up that much credit.  

Plan B is probably Vegas and the Grand Canyon, two other places on my bucket list.  I don't drink and very limited gambling but shows, shopping, etc. will be fun.  

We looked at Alaska cruises (the other trip we want to take) but evidently they don't run in November and that's when I have a week off close to our anniversary.   Next year hopefully my schedule will open up more.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Plan B is probably Vegas and the Grand Canyon, two other places on my bucket list.  I don't drink and very limited gambling but shows, shopping, etc. will be fun.  

I've never stayed in Vegas but toodled around a bit which was interesting.  Bouchon Bakery has amazing croissants and excellent macarons.

Then you can drive North/East.  Stop at Zion National Park.  Keep going east and stay for at least a night at the Lake Powell Resort and Marina.  Try to get a "lake view" room at the hotel.  It's amazing to sit on your balcony and see that view!  Have a meal at Slackers in nearby Page, AZ and see if you can get in a tour of Antelope Canyon (which was closed when we went due to The Plague).  There are outfitters who will take you on kayak trips through Antelope Canyon as well so you can see it from the lake side.  

Then stop by Horseshoe Bend on your way down to the Grand Canyon.  Do the things there.  I've never been but hope to some day.  Then back around to Las Vegas.

Let me know when to have my bags packed, lol!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I've never stayed in Vegas but toodled around a bit which was interesting.  Bouchon Bakery has amazing croissants and excellent macarons.

Then you can drive North/East.  Stop at Zion National Park.  Keep going east and stay for at least a night at the Lake Powell Resort and Marina.  Try to get a "lake view" room at the hotel.  It's amazing to sit on your balcony and see that view!  Have a meal at Slackers in nearby Page, AZ and see if you can get in a tour of Antelope Canyon (which was closed when we went due to The Plague).  There are outfitters who will take you on kayak trips through Antelope Canyon as well so you can see it from the lake side.  

Then stop by Horseshoe Bend on your way down to the Grand Canyon.  Do the things there.  I've never been but hope to some day.  Then back around to Las Vegas.

Let me know when to have my bags packed, lol!

Lets do Vegas this year and Italy next year, k? 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I sure hate the Spring changeover.

I hate it, too.  They always schedule me to play on this Sunday.  Every year.  Probably because they know I will show up, lol.

The girls made it home in one piece.  Dd15 set up her hammock in the dark and the rain tarp wasn't done correctly so all her stuff got wet.  The second night they scrounged up some dry bedding for her and she slept in the backpacking tent with dd17 which also wasn't set up very well but it stayed dryer than the hammock.

I'm going to make some rice pudding to bring to church fellowship tonight.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

School and work!!

Not too much on the docket. I’m pretty behind in work deadlines, so hopefully I can get a lot of stuff done today.

Weekend was horribly busy, so I am going into this week with a messy house, laundry not done and basically everything I usually do on weekends not accomplished.

• Like 3

Good Monday morning. Am coffeeing in an attempt to mitigate the legislatively induced jet lag. This week is going to be super busy, of course. (DS starts tennis today; I'm teaching a new crop of volunteers starting Friday.)

Let's do the things!

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

The sun has returned and it is glorious!  So glorious, in fact, that I have requested that ds19 mow the lawn.  There are some lessons and deadlines and tests due today and music lessons and choir tonight.  Scouts is off due to spring break but dd15 is going to a special scout meeting to start the backpacking merit badge.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Happy Monday.   

It started out cloudy and wet which had me very upset since it was supposed to be nice today.  It did clear up and get nice and sunny but it's super windy and trees are down all over the place so we have no power at home.  It went down briefly at work then came on sort of half-way/brown out-ish before coming back on fully a few hours later.  

I was going to do laundry this evening and now I can't.  

• Sad 3

According to the electric company our power is coming on sometime between 7:30pm tonight and 11:30pm on Wednesday.  We've gotten multiple messages with all different times.  We are in a small deadend neighborhood so don't tend to be high on the list but I hope it's tonight and not Wednesday.

We have a generator but it's not full house.  We have lights, water, refrigerator and wifi but no heat and have to light the stove manually.   I'm not sure about hot water, I'll have to ask dh.  I think we have a propane hot water heater so that should work I think?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Little Pup has made 6 puddles in the house today! SIX!  He did the 4 puddle spread earlier today and then two more just a bit ago.  It's not like we don't take him out often enough.  Every 2 hours at a minimum.  He's getting worse, not better! 😫

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yay for electricity! I loved Vegas in the 90s.

My schizophrenic friend has an appointment with the therapist on Friday to discuss everything. She gave me her doctor's number and asked me to tell her therapist everything she's been telling me that she's too afraid to tell the therapist which I did last night. Therapist said it was a lot of new information. I'm afraid she will chicken out before Friday. 

• Like 6

Good morning!

Things are starting to happen this morning.  Lessons, work, things.  Imma get some stuff bagged up from the back porch for trash collection today.  And it's probably time to hang up the sleds.

What kinds of pie are you planning for Pi Day?

Coffee!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

What kinds of pie are you planning for Pi Day?

It's always pumpkin at my house. I'm going to be brave and try replacing the eggs with soft tofu this time!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I want to write a novel. I got the most unique idea maybe a year ago and I keep coming up with neat ideas for it.

Yes, you should do this.  Plus all your brilliant children can provide editing advice and artwork.

• Like 2