Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ihor (Ukraine/Canada) was reported to be going down Rat Jaw about an hour ago - 2/3 through the loop!

Yay it's a Barkley Booyah!   

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT  
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT    
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

OK, apparently Harvey Lewis posted a video on Instagram of Jasmin starting back down from the fire tower with about 3-1/2 hours to the cutoff time.  She looked pretty strong and the weather is good and it's daylight.  About 2-1/2 hours left now.  I am hoping we see Ihor at the Yellow Gate soon.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

There were five finishers this year, including Jared who has his 4th finish and John Kelly with his 3rd.  Jasmin, first female!  Greig and Ihor on their first finishes.

Few have ever touched    
Five times on a Fool's Weekend    
Barkley's yellow gate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Can someone go buy me some ice cream?  I'm in the mood for moosetracks if you can find it.

We have some cookie dough ice cream.  And waffle cones.  Will that work?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

This looks like so much fun! I think I've read about this one before. Wow, there were 5 finishers this year!

The official documentary on it was made about 10 years ago and it's awesome.  You can watch it free on YouTube.  "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young".  I think you have to be a special kind of crazy to participate in it.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Everyone has left me home with the dogs to work at the park on dd17's eagle project.  I was coughing all night and am still sick enough not to go.  Oh well.  

So I have no plans for today.  Except

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!! I slept till 8:30. Felt good.

No real plans for today. It’s rainy, so I won’t be going out to the farm and planting my cutting garden in my mom’s garden. I still have some seeds to start so I may do that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The official documentary on it was made about 10 years ago and it's awesome.  You can watch it free on YouTube.  "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young".  I think you have to be a special kind of crazy to participate in it.

I remember this!

• Like 3

We have a local ice cream place that makes their own and my favorite is a double dark chocolate fudge crunch.  Chocolate ice cream with threads of fudge and cake crunchies.  Yummy.

Ugh, now I want ice cream but I'm trying to lose weight.  

I'm getting all kinds of stuff on Facebook about the Barkley.  I think it's cool that the Wikipedia was evidently updated immediately after the race finished.

• Like 2

Ds28 made sticky green beans for dinner - I've had the recipe on the fridge for a while but just hadn't gotten to it yet on the dinner rotation.  They were so amazing.

1lb frozen green beans (I used the fancy long ones)   
2T apricot preserves      
2T prepared yellow mustard
2 T olive oil    
1 tsp soy sauce   
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Preheat oven to 425*.  Mix sauce ingredients together and mix in green beans.  Bake on an oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet for 35-40 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen. Found out our neighbor lady had been in the ER with pneumonia and her husband lost his mom this past week, so I figured I should bring them dinner.  I made potato soup and German sausage sandwiches with homemade buns and then I was really on a roll and made cinnamon rolls as well. (no pun intended). And I watched college basketball. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Now I am hunkered down on the couch getting ready to start a new book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Ds28 made sticky green beans for dinner - I've had the recipe on the fridge for a while but just hadn't gotten to it yet on the dinner rotation.  They were so amazing.

1lb frozen green beans (I used the fancy long ones)   
2T apricot preserves      
2T prepared yellow mustard
2 T olive oil    
1 tsp soy sauce   
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Preheat oven to 425*.  Mix sauce ingredients together and mix in green beans.  Bake on an oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet for 35-40 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.

that sounds kind of crazy, but I might just have to try them.

• Like 2

Good morning!

The Youngers have gone to church.  I am home.  Feeling a bit better, just congested. My eyes feel leaky.  Stupid head.  I forgot it was Palm Sunday.  David and I used to have the children's choir sing every Palm Sunday.  I avoid Palm Sunday now, sick or otherwise.  Maybe some day.

We are running out of groceries, primarily cheese, eggs, and half & half, so I may need to get out to the store at some point today.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

We had IP oatmeal with blueberries.  I have been gradually reducing the amount of oatmeal I make.  It used to be 2C rolled oats with 3-1/2C water and now it's down to 1C oats with 1-3/4C water and we still don't eat it all.

It's a usual Monday for us today.  School work this morning and music lessons, choir, and scouts this afternoon and evening.

Coffee!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My immediate to-do list: finish cleaning up breakfast, make phone calls, banish goats, tidy area of bedroom.

I didn't do so much of the tidying part because I came across some stickers which were asking to be placed on my ukulele and/or mandolin case so I assisted in that important matter.  Now must have more coffee and make a dinner and bring the girls to all the places.

• Like 2

EdPo:

Have any of you used/seen/held Memoria Press flashcards for math? The dimensions look good (not as huge as R&S). I want to know if they are good quality, but cannot seem to find any reviews or pictures of these IRL anywhere. I want sturdy and non see-through. Otherwise, I'm hand writing a bazillion math flashcards over the summer along with vocabulary word and phrase cards.

50 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Have any of you used/seen/held Memoria Press flashcards for math? The dimensions look good (not as huge as R&S). I want to know if they are good quality, but cannot seem to find any reviews or pictures of these IRL anywhere. I want sturdy and non see-through. Otherwise, I'm hand writing a bazillion math flashcards over the summer along with vocabulary word and phrase cards.

Edpo!

No.

• Sad 1