Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D (not ready yet because I forgot to push the timer)

Sunday!!!

Church!!

Booya/h!!

A Sunday Morning without COFFEE!!~D ready Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I was aWaco-ing.  We had a fun afternoon visiting a bookstore and then walked to a nearby park for a concert and a really cool drone show.  I'd never seen one before - it was super awesome.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

Happy Eclipse Day!! It will be sunny here on the Left Coast, but we will only have about 1/3 of the sun covered, so…nothing really exciting.

School and work. I had a bunch of in-person meetings scheduled, but they are going to have to be on Zoom because people are getting sick.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy Eclipse Day - clap clap clap clap!

The traffic signs here are reading 

Arrive early    
Stay put    
Leave late  

Also they are apparently closing the bridges from Memphis into Arkansas at 10am and they will remain closed until tomorrow.  Here's hoping things settle down and we can get home tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Eclipse time. Everyone is going to the playground without me because I'm exhausted. The sky is completely overcast. Maybe I'll see the one in 2044. I saw the one a few years ago. 

I had a dream Mary's cat ate my canary. I've never had a canary. 

• Like 4

Next time they really need to have the eclipse in California. Beautiful weather. I saw some through my little paper pinhole projector thingie. It looked like someone took a bite out of the sun. Kind of cool. I loved seeing the pictures people were posting of the whole thing.

• Like 2

Well, I guess I will say Good morning!

COFFEE!!~D is ready if anyone is out there!!

School and work today!! I’m driving to the far reaches of the County this afternoon. Should be a beautiful day for a drive.

• Like 2

Good afternoon!

We are on our way home.  Clap clap clap sob.  😂 Stopped at a genuine Texas Buc-ee’s which is at least twice the size of the one in Georgia.  Marvelous bathrooms and good coffee.

We recently took an unintentional detour when ds28 started driving and took the frontage road instead of the exit ramp and we spent several miles praying we’d make it out of Deliverence-esque Arkansas in one piece but we eventually made it back to I40.  

We are planning to stop by dd25’s house in The City That Must Not Be Named to swap howdies before our last leg of the drive home.

Coffee! 

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School and work!!

Yesterday was a long day. I left the house at 7:30am and got home at 6:30pm. It was a hard day. There are a lot of struggling people.

Today I teach a couple classes over Zoom and have 3 family meetings.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Our wi-fi isn’t working this morning and all of my Tech Support have left for the day. 😫

I drove the girls to tutorial this morning.  Paid a couple bills.  I only have one stamp left so I’ll either have to remember to buy stamps in the next couple days or pay online.

Ds19 just left for work.  Imma take Chester on his morning walk and then take a deep breath and start making phone calls.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I realized it's April and I never planned next year, so...

Together: Bible Journaling, From Adam to Us, CKE Creation Science

John, 8th: DO Algebra, One Year Adventure Novel, Greek, Spanish, Japanese, Piano, Violin 

Mary 6th: Saxon, IEW, Greek, Spanish, Piano, Violin 

Alex (official ITT baby), 3rd: Ray's Arithmetic, IEW, Greek, Spanish, Piano

Baby, PK: Nothing

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

There were no traffic jams on the way to orchestra rehearsal and it freaked me out just a little.  Turned on the radio news to make sure the apocalypse hadn't gotten underway.  I actually got to rehearsal on time!

Also my stand partner's music was music I had used years ago.  I recognized my writing.  I don't know why I get such a kick out of that.  It's like seeing an old friend 😁  We are playing some really fun music - Jurassic Park, Duke Ellington, OO7, and a few others.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I went to a bi-annual women's consignment sale this morning mostly to see if they had anything for the girls and found a few things including a tumi laptop bag and a cute pair of Vans.  So when I was about done I stopped to pick up a purse that had blown off its rack and as I was bent over a big metal trellis blew down and hit me directly on my head.  Another lady was there and ran to get it off me and then to get the sale people who were Very Concerned over the incident even though I told them I was really fine.  They got me a bottle of water and made some phone calls.  And insisted that I would not pay for any of the items I was planning to buy.

I'm home now with an ice pack on my neck.  I'm not feeling any sharp pain or anything but I can tell my neck and shoulders are getting a little stiff so imma keep moving gently and hopefully avoid any major stiffness.

Nothing else going on today.  The girls are working on science tests and getting ready to go backpacking tomorrow.  Ds19 has a cello lesson.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Question. History. 

I read history books over lunch, but after next year we're doing independent history and I no longer need to do so. My question is, if they are doing independent history (Notgrass), and I continue to read history over lunch with no required output (SWB HoTW), would that be considered child abuse? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Question. History. 

I read history books over lunch, but after next year we're doing independent history and I no longer need to do so. My question is, if they are doing independent history (Notgrass), and I continue to read history over lunch with no required output (SWB HoTW), would that be considered child abuse? 

3 hours ago, Slache said:

And if the answer is no, but I do make them put HoTW events in their timelines, would THAT be considered child abuse? 

I vote no on both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Baby is off to the lake with the scouty people.

Why, he wondered, did the scoutmaster require each scout to walk up to him with a life jacket on to show that it fits tonight before leaving, and then put all the life jackets in one big bag on the trailer?

I explained the sort of math problem of crossing the river with foxes, chickens, and corn. To get across the lake, each human needs to be in a canoe; each canoe needs exactly two humans and at least one paddle; each scout needs a life jacket that fits; no leader can be left alone with a scout who is not a household member. The scoutmaster does not want to be pondering this tomorrow beside the lake.

The weather for looks great for camping.

Re: the history edpo - We are team lots of history and little output.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I have 8-1/2 days to get through Jackie: Public, Private, Secret for book club.  It is soooooooo tedious.  I am just going to say it.  The author is a terrible writer.  I have read lots of long biographies that were well written and engaging but this one...ugh.  He has written a ton of these biographies but I think he must be on the bestseller's list because people want sensational gossip, not engaging prose or well thought out writing.  His editors should be given 100 lashes with a wet noodle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's the weekend.

We had breakfast burritos for dinner.

I am not going to do my grocery shopping tonight.

Baby is in her school's production of "Frozen" this weekend.

Tomorrow morning we are going to a ladies tea at church with my mom.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. 

• Like 3

On 4/7/2024 at 8:37 PM, KrissiK said:

12 hours people. Nobody is taking this thread seriously. 

Honestly, most of the board (K-8, High School, etc) is looking like not many people are taking it seriously. I see an okay number of old-timers but I guess too few new names? 

Also, apparently I have an egg allergy (did an elimination diet in Nov/Dec, didn't complete the reintroduction stage because I was too tired of the lack of diversity and having to cook every.single.thing from scratch, but apparently no breakfast burritos for me anymore). Not mysteriously doubling over in pain multiple times a week is nice though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, luuknam said:

Also, apparently I have an egg allergy (did an elimination diet in Nov/Dec, didn't complete the reintroduction stage because I was too tired of the lack of diversity and having to cook every.single.thing from scratch, but apparently no breakfast burritos for me anymore). Not mysteriously doubling over in pain multiple times a week is nice though.

I'm allergic to eggs and didn't know until allergy testing a few years ago. On the positive side: since most flu vaccines are incubated in eggs, I don't get hounded by my Dr to get a yearly flu shot anymore. Every time I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten incredibly sick afterward. Now I know why.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, luuknam said:

Can you eat soy? Breakfast burritos at my house tonight will probably be made with tofu.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm allergic to eggs and didn't know until allergy testing a few years ago. On the positive side: since most flu vaccines are incubated in eggs, I don't get hounded by my Dr to get a yearly flu shot anymore. Every time I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten incredibly sick afterward. Now I know why.

My mom is the same. She still got the flu shot year after year until she wound up hospitalized. That's when she found out there were eggs in it. I tried to tell her, but she never listened. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

My brother developed an allergy to egg yolks a few years ago.

I brought the girls to their crew backpacking meet-up at dark-o-clock and then stopped by Kroger and then the library and then Aldi and now I am finally home with

Coffee!

• Like 2