Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

No conch yet.  It's really cold out there, but should be warming up nicely.  Of course, Frozen Head has it's own moody climate system.      

It was about 5:10 this morning when I got the joke about "Frozen Ed Furtaw".    
  Ed Furtaw -> Frozen 'Ed -> Frozen Head

Imma check The Lost Kitchen for postcard reservation instructions.

🌷Happy Spring!🌷

Coffee!

• Like 2

Warning: BarkleyPost!  Avert yer Eyeballs!

Taka has his X spreadsheet up (based on whatever info he can scrounge up i.e. mostly rumor).  It looks like ❤️John Kelly❤️ is running again.  Aurelien also (first finisher last last year).  Karel is not.  Jasmine is there!  Doesn't she hold the record for women there? Tomo of Japan is also back.

As you were.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The conch was blown at 4:17am EST, the race begins in 7 minutes.  Happy Barkley Day!  A guy named Keith has just become the most important person on X for the next 60ish hours, lol.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

School and work!!

Tonight is the last night of Wednesday Night Church for the semester. I am so glad. Not that I mind going. We have a wonderful group of volunteers and most weeks the kids are pretty good, but it’s just another thing in my overly busy schedule….

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The conch was blown at 4:17am EST, the race begins in 7 minutes.  Happy Barkley Day!  A guy named Keith has just become the most important person on X for the next 60ish hours, lol.

Finally. Whew! The tension was building.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I've had a little headache and scratchy throat building all night.  At one point I dreamed that I realized it was because I forgot to have my afternoon coffee but lucky for me I was in a bookshop that served coffee.  None of that was true, unfortunately.  I am guessing it's allergy nonsense.  

I'm planning to bring the Van to the autoshop when ds19 gets back from class and see if they can do an alignment and check the tires and brakes and transmission.  I expect that they will keep the van at least until Monday, so we are having to do some transportation acrobatics with one vehicle, 4 drivers, and 5 schedules.  

I haven't been able to find a ride home from the shop, so if their transportation service isn't available I will have to walk home.  It's an easy 4-1/2 mile stroll - nothing like the colorful terrain of the Barkley - Rat Jaw, Big Hell, Danger Dave's Climbing Wall, The Bad Thing...

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Warning: BarkleyPo!  Avert yer Eyeballs!

We are getting regular updates along the lines of: 

A guy with awesome glasses has begun loop two at 9:45:04. #BM100

A guy with very daring shorts has finished loop one in 9:30:24. #BM100

Guy with red hat finished loop one in 10:27:41, almost an hour behind the previous loop one finisher. #BM100

...Leaving everyone to guess and speculate.  We don't even know the names of half the runners.  Sounds like Jasmine Paris ("Small European Woman"?) is out on her second loop.  "Nondescript Guy" might be Jared Campbell.  It's all part of the fun.  We love Keith.

As you were.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Warning: BarkleyPo!  Avert yer Eyeballs!

We are getting regular updates along the lines of: 

A guy with awesome glasses has begun loop two at 9:45:04. #BM100

A guy with very daring shorts has finished loop one in 9:30:24. #BM100

Guy with red hat finished loop one in 10:27:41, almost an hour behind the previous loop one finisher. #BM100

...Leaving everyone to guess and speculate.  We don't even know the names of half the runners.  Sounds like Jasmine Paris ("Small European Woman"?) is out on her second loop.  "Nondescript Guy" might be Jared Campbell.  It's all part of the fun.  We love Keith.

As you were.

More importantly, how are the kittens?

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School for some, work for others.

Wednesday Night Church is done until after the summer. It’s all good, but I just have too much on my plate and I’m glad to get rid of something for a while.

Thank you for the Barclay Updates, Susan!!

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Thursday.  

Today is a busy busy day.   Classes, 4H club and 4H Fair meeting. Basically running around from 9am until 9pm.    But tomorrow I don't have anything until 4pm and nothing Saturday and Sunday.

Next weekend will be busy with a Science Day for 4H where dh and I are presenting and then Easter on Sunday but I won't have any Thursday evening meetings and no classes on Friday.   

I wonder what it's going to be like the week I have Thursday meetings AND Friday classes AND weekend activities?  

I'm an introvert.  I need downtime.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning, Happy Thursday.  

Today is a busy busy day.   Classes, 4H club and 4H Fair meeting. Basically running around from 9am until 9pm.    But tomorrow I don't have anything until 4pm and nothing Saturday and Sunday.

Next weekend will be busy with a Science Day for 4H where dh and I are presenting and then Easter on Sunday but I won't have any Thursday evening meetings and no classes on Friday.   

I wonder what it's going to be like the week I have Thursday meetings AND Friday classes AND weekend activities?  

I'm an introvert.  I need downtime.

Svengo.

• Like 2

Good morning!

I was running a fever all night - not great for sleeping.  I managed to get up and take Little Pup out to potty but I think I will mostly be out for the count today. Dd15 has an orthodontist appointment this afternoon and might get her braces off.  I will need to contact the orchestra and let them know I won't be able to play in the concert tonight.  Phooey.  We're playing the Corelli.

Coffee!

• Sad 1

There are several runners out on the third loop - sounds like John, Jasmine, and Damien are out front.  The weather is fantastic so that should help.  A lot of people are hoping for the first woman finisher.  Also #TeamTomo

I haven't heard about those 7 runners still out on their first loop.  Surely they've made it back by now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just ordered a LOT of nice quality blank index cards to make math flashcards because R&S's are waaaay too big. I hope I chose the right thickness: 17pt/130lb/325gsm. I also ordered a cool looking 100s board that comes with some transparent colored tiles to help with skip counting. I like this idea better than dry erase markers on laminated 100s boards. I'm thinking about making a felt board for grade 1 math. I'm sure I could use other manipulatives like our base ten set, but a felt board is simple enough to make and I think the youngers will have fun with it for more than just math.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am still running a fever though the ibuprofen is helping a lot.  

I do not know how to react. I'm sad you aren't feeling well, but glad the ibuprofen is giving you some relief.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seven runners are out on loop 5.  SEVEN!

Ihor, John, Damien, Greig, JASMIN, Jared, and Sebastien (who finished loop 4 but seems to have missed a page so went back and corrected his error and began loop 5 three minutes before the cutoff.).

Albert, Tomo, and Maxime dropped on loop 4 and have been tapped out. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

Might as well good morning now while I wait for the Tylenol to kick in.  Earlier I blew my nose, sneezed, and coughed at the same time.  It was pretty spectacular.

Dd17 needs me to get some groceries for her first eagle project work day lunch - maybe I can get ds29 to handle that.

The girls get to have nerf gun wars at the church tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Fri-yay!!

School and work and then…..Easter Vacation!!

I have five family meetings today. Two virtual and 3 in-person. That’ll be fine, though. They are pretty easy.

Storm coming in tonight. Puts the kibosh on my gardening plans this weekend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Seven runners are out on loop 5.  SEVEN!

Ihor, John, Damien, Greig, JASMIN, Jared, and Sebastien (who finished loop 4 but seems to have missed a page so went back and corrected his error and began loop 5 three minutes before the cutoff.).

Albert, Tomo, and Maxime dropped on loop 4 and have been tapped out. 

Go Jasmin!! 

Boy, if 7 runners mad it this far, Laz is going to have to do something next year to mix things up. It’s getting too easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Go Jasmin!! 

Boy, if 7 runners mad it this far, Laz is going to have to do something next year to mix things up. It’s getting too easy.

I’m kind of finding this sentiment…frustrating. Many have expressed it, but I wonder if there wasn’t a woman in the mix how many people would simply chalk it up to good weather (it has been) or a really stellar field of runners (they all are amazing)? 

Plus, there is still no guarantee any will finish.

• Like 2

Last year they were saying the same thing - 3 finishers! (and also good weather).  And the course is definitely harder this year.  

I feel like someone should be at the fire tower by now. Keith?  Keith???

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2