Menu

Ignore this thread!

There's one big piece of apple pie and some whipped cream left.  Who wants it?

Oooo it's a Pie Eating Booyah!   

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT  
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Question. We're making a double batch of chili to freeze half. We disagree on if we should put the beans in the freezer half or keep them out until we get the chili out. Tell me what to do, please. 

Take a trip to Bora Bora.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Fri-yay!!

Beware the Ides of March!!!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary, ITT. Nine years.

School and work!! And then the weekend. This weekend looks to be so much easier and less busy than last weekend. The weather is going to be nice. Tomorrow my mom and I are going to the nursery to get some tomatoes and other lovelies for the garden, so that will be fun.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Good Friday morning.

The volunteer situation has gone all willy_nilly and I am not screaming a bit but I tell you what, I've made a quick turnaround from "You got to dance with the one that brung you" to "freshly boiled syrup being carried across thin ice."

We'll see how things go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

🎉Happy 9th Birthday, ITT! 🎉

Lots of noisy, flashy storms over night.  It sounds like Alabama will be getting more today.  Poor Alabama always gets socked this time of year.

A lady from an organization that raises money for families to adopt by helping widows with projects around the house is coming to see me this morning for a possible fund raiser.  We helped the family of a friend with their adoption project several years ago and did some painting of a local lady's house and yard work, fixed some light fixtures and a few things like that.

The girls' scout trip to Atlanta has been put off until tomorrow due to possible dramatic storms on their driving route today.

Coffee!

• Like 2

(Blast from the Past)   

Posted Today, 06:36 PM

Wait...this is the one year anniversary of ITT?

CONGRATULATIONS!

🎉

🎉

🎉  

You guys have spent a whole year talking about--

I mean, it's been a whole year of meaningful--

That is to say, you've absolutely spent MANY valuable hours, um...

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!

🎉

SWB

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

A Haiku in Honor of ITT's 3rd Anniversary

A thread to ignore  
Yet never be ignored here  
True friendship abounds

Love, Duck

P.S.    
Goodnight from the East Coast, ITT!

Here's to another year of friendship, fellowship, ramblings, booyahs, and COFFEE!

ETA: oxford comma.  Because we have standards to uphold around here, people

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometimes today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties.

😘

to all!  (Professormom 2017)

• Like 6

ITT

How happy this group has grown    
Ramblin’ in this thread alone    
Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear    
Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part    
Daily love to the others to impart    
And members, in order to stay carefree,  
Know not to go swimming in the sea.

- ikslo, year unknown

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are the bestest of friends    
And we’ll keep on ignoring-to the end    
We are the bestest    
We are the bestest      
No time for meanness      
Cuz we are the bestest on the net. 

(Apologies to Queen)

Jean, ITT Anniversary 2018

----------------------------------

To the ITT!

In three years we have....

birthed babies    
moved fathers    
finished a graduate degree    
buried loved ones    
moved    
contemplated moving    
adopted new furry babies    
won.... and lost....    
grafted fruit trees    
planned, planted and harvested gardens    
written a novel and sought for agents    
graduated children and sent them to college    
started therapies  
started new jobs    
.... and maybe even educated our children.

Hear!  Hear!  

Lynn, 3/15/2018

----------------------------

Although introverted is what many of us are  
Open and unashamed we share on ITT    
Our friends here have truly raised the bar    
No better company could there ever be 

Angi, 2018

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

ITT

How happy this group has grown    
Ramblin’ in this thread alone    
Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear    
Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part    
Daily love to the others to impart    
And members, in order to stay carefree,  
Know not to go swimming in the sea.

- ikslo, year unknown

Totally don’t remember that! Thank you for preserving it 🥰

• Like 2

Good morning!

I was up extra early to bring the girls to scouts - they're driving to the Georgia museum today and then camping overnight.  Otherwise today I have a little get-together with some church ladies (lol) and I'm hoping to get the floors mopped.

I can't find my little yellow travel sketchbook and it's a little concerning.  I'm pretty sure it's in the house.

The conch shell has not been blown yet.  We're all wondering what Laz is thinking.  #bm100 #kittykontent

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Morning, Happy Saturday.  

I cleaned my living room yesterday (I'm really really bad at housework so that is an occasion).  Now I have space to do yoga in the mornings.  I really need to get back to that because my muscles are achy again.  

Today I'm going into work to do some arranging.  I had to move some stuff out of the way because the town put in a new water meter and it was in my closet.   Now I have to move things back but we're also rearranging a classroom since we moved the junior room and put in shelves.   

Looks like I did hire an admin. She won't be starting until August but I had mentioned it to some people and one of them was interested so brought it up to me.  We met so we could see if she was even interested once she knew what it entailed and she was.     I'm excited, I think she'll be really good at it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!
COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Finally got a decent amount of sleep. My mom and I are going to the nursery today to get some tomatoes. I have a couple of large urns to deal with in the front yard. They’ve had tall junipers in them for a couple years, but it’s just not right. So, I guess I will fill them with some flowers. I will get those at the nursery, too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

I’m thinking I need to find the hole in my air mattress today. Having to blow it up more often. Can’t sleep on it anymore. Sigh. Sounds like a chore and a half.

Found five areas in one of the seams that indicated seam failure imminent. I broke out the duct tape. Fingers crossed 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I’m not terribly familiar with the Barclays, yet somehow that seems in keeping with the Barclays Vibe.

You would enjoy the stress-managing kitty pic tweets.  People are starting to wonder if it's not going to happen for a couple days.  Svengo.  I guess there's no real rule that it has to start on the weekend, but sheesh.

In the meantime, I'm going to watch the youtube documentary that was made on the 2023 race - I believe there were 3 finishers!  Including Karel the Belgian dentist, some other guy, and ❤️John Kelly❤️

• Like 3

I went to two nurseries with my mom. It is a glorious day out. Got a couple of containers almost planted. I am also making bread as thank-you gifts for my Wednesday night volunteers.  They are all pretty amazing people.

• Like 4

Susan, have the Barcleys started yet? I couldn’t find anything on the Interweb, so I am assuming not.

No - they haven't started yet.  You will probably not find anything on the internet.  The First Rule of Barkley is you do not talk about Barkley, lol.  At least not until it's started.  Twitter/X @keithdunn and #bm100 are really the only reliable sources of information.  Keith will let everyone know as soon as the Conch is blown.  

Kitty pic posting has increased dramatically due to the intense waiting!  Most people are predicting Monday (between midnight and noon).  Since there were 3 finishers last year, they are expecting extra shenanigans from Laz.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Good morning! Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 🍀

Ds19 and I went to early service.  I unexpectedly won't have to pick up the girls because one of the family's that went on the trip offered to drive them home - they should be getting here any minute.

I'm hosting The Ladies of Grief Book Club this afternoon and have a few holiday-themed treats to serve.

Coffee!

• Like 3

What are you reading?

We read Where'd You Go, Bernadette.  I loved it.  Some people didn't read it at all which is fine - we just have fun getting together.  Next month's book is Jackie: Public, Private, Secret.  We take turns hosting and choosing the book.

Also, Ukulele happened which was super awesome.  It is possible that we will incorporate some ukulele into our group get-togethers.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

School and work!!

This is the last week before Easter Vacation, so there’s that.

Today we have an in-person staff meeting for our groups (we are a large charter school, so the staff is divided into groups of between 10-15 with an administrator over each group). It should be fun. We always potluck for lunch. I am bringing creamy chicken and wild rice soup.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

No Barkley yet.  I checked #bm100 at 4am when Little Pup woke me up to potty.  Nothing but kitties.  And photoshopped pics of Kate Middleton posing in front of the Yellow Gate.

Today we have all the usual things plus the girls will have to leave choir early to get to a different troop's meeting and help with their OA election.

I might try to get to a store.  I need to find a postcard to send to The Lost Kitchen.

Coffee!

• Like 2