Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Slache said:

It depends on the age/personslity of the recipient.

2 hours ago, Ellie said:

Actual thank-you notes, on actual paper, using pen not pencil, with actual envelopes properly addressed and stamped.

36 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Grandma and her generation gets actual notes. Younger people can be emails. 

These would be following a university visit. She sat in on a class and met with various members of the math department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

Susan and Jean: Your opinions on thank you notes v. emails?

Hmmm.  I would say in this case a paper note would be best, especially if it involved personal meetings and interviews, etc.  Though I am not really up-to-date on matters of modern etiquette.  

It's funny, but insomnia no longer bothers me. It bothers every other person I know. I don't like it, because I know I'll be tired and I can't nap, but it's not so bad to be able to get up and do some writing and thinking at odd hours. Good thing, I guess.

• Like 5

Good morning!

Does anyone else have an annoying purple "feedback" tab sticking to the side of the forum screen?  :dry:

Today Dd12 and I will plant our zucchini, tomato, and dill plants.  And the lupine.  Not sure where to plant the dill - it's kind of a big herb and won't fit in my little herb planter.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School, DD1 works in the nursery this morning for the ladies Bible study at church. I have a cut-and-color at 2:00 and a guy is coming at 6:00 to see if we can do solar. I just want to go back to bed.

This #$&[¥§ cat. I let her in, she whines. I put her back out, she whines. She has food. She has water. 😡😡😡🐱

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yes. I’m afraid to click on it. 

If you click on it, it gives you some happy-to-mad faces to click on.  I wonder if I click on a face if that will make the purple tab go away?  I'll try it and let you know.  If I don't post back in 10 minutes, send the ENB Cavalry.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Junie said:

Sigh.  Some of my children needed to be taught that the only right way to eat an Easter bunny is ears first.

I'm sorry, Junie. It must have been difficult having to face such a monumental homeschool fail on Easter Sunday.

9 hours ago, Junie said:

I know.  I feel like I should go out and buy more chocolate bunnies so we can practice getting it right.

But, nevertheless, she persisted. You are an inspiration to us all!

😀

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Does anyone else have an annoying purple "feedback" tab sticking to the side of the forum screen?  :dry:

Today Dd12 and I will plant our zucchini, tomato, and dill plants.  And the lupine.  Not sure where to plant the dill - it's kind of a big herb and won't fit in my little herb planter.

Coffee!

It's already been noted in the site news & discussions forum.

• Like 2

About 500 words writ, a couple of craft things to discuss with my agent. I'm such a difficult writer sometimes, but I do try! It's just with much flopping, thrashing, and having to figure out something that can straddle the gap between plotting out everything to the nines and absolute freewheeling, my preferred operating mode.

Boys have finished school, and we are supposed to go help with bees, plus I'm juggling some reading and coaching writers at present. Remind me when I bring it up: Say, Critter, you do not want to be a mentor. You just don't. You will hate it. It hurts your heart and your head. Who wants to be in charge of talking me down from the ledge if I get that opportunity at some point? Anybody? 🤣

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

About 500 words writ, a couple of craft things to discuss with my agent. I'm such a difficult writer sometimes, but I do try! It's just with much flopping, thrashing, and having to figure out something that can straddle the gap between plotting out everything to the nines and absolute freewheeling, my preferred operating mode.

Boys have finished school, and we are supposed to go help with bees, plus I'm juggling some reading and coaching writers at present. Remind me when I bring it up: Say, Critter, you do not want to be a mentor. You just don't. You will hate it. It hurts your heart and your head. Who wants to be in charge of talking me down from the ledge if I get that opportunity at some point? Anybody? 🤣

Well, I don’t know about talking you down form the ledge, but I can perhaps tempt you down with some chocolate.😂 However, I love getting these glimpses of what goes on in that writerly brain of yours!!!💕

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I don’t know about talking you down form the ledge, but I can perhaps tempt you down with some chocolate.😂 However, I love getting these glimpses of what goes on in that writerly brain of yours!!!💕

Sigh. I love talking with other writers, helping with what I can help with, and critiquing as helpfully as I can. But I could easily overtax myself, and sometimes I do.

• Like 3

We've planted 6 tomatoes, 6 zucchini, 6 dill, and 1 lupine.  My back deck garden is looking less like a neglected trash heap and more like a deck garden.  I also planted my stolen lavender.  I'm not expecting it to do well, but hope springs eternal.  The cilantro is looking worse.  Might have to give up on growing it here.  

The biggest news concerns Lynette, who I had given up for dead last month, but this week I found three tiny sprouts coming out of her bare trunk.  We'll see if I can keep her happy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

None of my tulips or allium flowered this year.  I only got leaves.  Sob.

But the Caesar's Brothers irises have flower buds this year!  I'm so excited!

The lady who used to own this house overdosed on the bulbs. I have a bunch of irises, but they aren’t blooming. I need to dig them up, separate and replant. There’s all kinds of other stuff coming up, too. It is driving me crazy. I love me a few clumps of Dutch irises or tuplips here and there, but this is worse than the Zombie Apocalypse.

• Haha 3