Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dh and ds14 are camping. The girls and oldest ds and I had brownies and ice cream and watched the 1st episode of the Netflix Lost in Space. 

Yay Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

It's going to be a beautiful day today!  The girls have scholarship auditions early afternoon today and I have a wedding at 5.  Or somewhere thereabouts.  I have learned to get to the wedding early because there's just no telling when the wedding will actually start.  It's at the same place as the last wedding, so at least I know where I'm going.  There's a youth group cookout for dinner that ds23 will bring the kids to.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Susan, I feel like the ITT slogan needs a little asterisk at the end. 🙂 It... kind of makes sense.

I got my hair cut, finally.

[edpo]
I'm tweaking spelling. Steck-Vaughn did not work for DS a bit. Moving Beyond the Page's online thingy is good (behold, he can now spell picture!), but I'm not shelling out $75 for a subscription to start now. Probably in September. Meanwhile, I'm taking Wheeler's-style lists and making a similar (spaced repetition) plan.
[/edpo]

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 4

I planted some plants in our entry way. Ok, the person who lived here had a big tree in that bed, cut it off low and buried the stump.😡 So, I come along and am trying to dig holes for my ferns and impatiens and run into a big stump. Thank goodness for DH and his Sawzall and farm jack. He got that stump out in no time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I showed an enormous amount of restraint tonight playing with possibly the Most Annoying Musician Ever.   But she was the cellist's sister and I think possibly a little mentally ill, so I refrained from using the Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death on her.  I redirected my angry gaze to some nearby shrubbery.  And there might be a few holes burned into the sheet music.  Otherwise the wedding went as is typical, which means I need a gallon of ice cream and a decompression chamber.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

That sounds like the beginning to a personal essay: Christmas With My Family: Tribes and Tribulations. 

So far, this is my very favorite error I've come across. And I love your spin. You should write a book...😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ikslo said:

I got to see my BFF today ❤️

Awww!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

:wub:  We love you so much!  

Rocco!  Bring Critter all the Things!

Definitely! All the things!

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I showed an enormous amount of restraint tonight playing with possibly the Most Annoying Musician Ever.   But she was the cellist's sister and I think possibly a little mentally ill, so I refrained from using the Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death on her.  I redirected my angry gaze to some nearby shrubbery.  And there might be a few holes burned into the sheet music.  Otherwise the wedding went as is typical, which means I need a gallon of ice cream and a decompression chamber.

You need all the things, too!!!!!! We are amazed and impressed by your show of restraint.

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Drove 3 plus hours at 80 mph. Had my meeting. Made some decisions as a board which might make you-know-what hit the fan but which really are in the kids’ best interest. (Cue Larry the Cucumber saying “It’s for the kids”.). Stopped now at the amazing gluten free restaurant that is in the middle of farm country. 

You need all the things, too!!!!!!  Rocco is going to be busy tonight!!!!

• Like 4

My garden is planted. All in containers. Two tomatoes, two cucumbers, and 3 colored bell peppers. Oh, and an herb garden, too, with basil, parsley and some chive seeds (everything else is already growing from the nursery).   And I put a jalapeno in the herb garden pot because I didn't know where else to put it.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Yay, the College Son returneth!

I must have been sleeping soundly because I didn't hear ds23 leave at the crack of dawn.  We are going to Sunday school and second service today provided I can find a place to park with the town festival going on.  Dds16 & 12 will be helping with the youth group bake sale for a couple hours in the mean time.  I have rehearsal this afternoon and a concert tonight.  Dh and ds14 should get home around 1:00.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I slept. That's better than last night. At least I didn't wake up completely drenched in sweat like Friday night. Wasn't even hot, but just covered in sweat. Very unnerving, and miserable.  Trying to get some work done before tomorrow, because all of the upcoming week will be medical testing stuff more or less. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Good Morning (for 15 more minutes it's still morning for me).   Didn't sleep well, my allergies seem to have kicked up to a new level.    

Todays plan is laundry, setting up school, heading over to the science center to pus some stuff away, working on classes.

I need to get a jump on classes for next week since I'm going away next weekend.  I'm heading up to Niantic to a great used bookstore.  I like to go once or twice a year.

• Like 5

I don't know if I remembered to post about yesterdays workshop.  It went great!  The kids were all around the same age, got along well, enjoyed the activities.   6 boys, 2 girls.  We matched Pokemon up with real life classifications of organisms, used various nature magazines (or drew) to get pictures of animals/plants to make up our own Pokemon and put them on large blank card printouts, played a bingo type game where they were able to get 10 little Pokemon figurines each.  

One of the things they got a real kick out of was being able to get their cards laminated, and laminating their bingo cards.  

This was easily my busiest workshop except for one that was a private one for a Girl Scout troop.  Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Decided to get a batch of cooking done today.  Made rice pudding and added coconut cream to it (had some to use up), and made some BBQ burgers to grill tonight. Going to get regular hamburgers made for the grill, and then back a blackberry cobbler. Plus I'm reading a story, and watching a cat nap, which is soothing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Decided to get a batch of cooking done today.  Made rice pudding and added coconut cream to it (had some to use up), and made some BBQ burgers to grill tonight. Going to get regular hamburgers made for the grill, and then back a blackberry cobbler. Plus I'm reading a story, and watching a cat nap, which is soothing. 

😅  <---- pretend that's the drooling emo!!!  I'm on my way! 

• Like 2