Menu

Ignore this thread!

46 minutes ago, Slache said:

IWANTTACOBELL!

This makes me cry.  You are in the land of good tacos, and you want Taco Bell? 

Are you going to the Ford Mariachi festival tomorrow or to Battle of the Flowers Friday? There's also free concerts all week at the Mercado. https://fiestasanantonio.org/official-fiesta-event-calendar/

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There are no good tacos here.  I did finally make it into the supermercado, though, and I can buy ingredients to make tacos. I haven't found a place to buy hot fresh tortillas, though, and I don't like the Costco frozen kind or making my own....because lazy.

Dd wants to move back to TX so she can go to Six Flags every Saturday again, but if we go back, I'm going back for the tacos (and no income taxes). 

• Like 6

Called oral surgeon office - they are going to check dd out tomorrow just to make sure that things are going ok  (Probably is but there is one tiny area of concern and I figure it's worth a quick look).

My jaw and teeth ached for a good solid three hours after the dentist.  Ugh.  But we went out for our usual celebration of cavity free status to the frozen yogurt shop.  The cold helped a lot.

Then we did a very quick dash to Costco.  We went in, grabbed one item and then dashed out.  They now have some self check out stands so it really was miraculously quick. 

Dd then helped me with some fence demolition.  We are all caught up on pulling nails out of boards and we got one more fence segment done.  This is a very slow way to do it but as with most things I have to use the "slow but steady" approach.

Now I get a bit of a rest.  Time to watch some Midsomer Murders. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

IWANTTACOBELL!

I saw this as I WANT A COWBELL. (It would not immediately occur to me that anyone would want Taco Bell!)

In today's technology report, this app is for dog storage: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dogparker.app&hl=en_US I saw the little house outside a store and was very... surprised that this is a thing, but okay.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Back from my cut-and-color. I always feel so much better after getting my hair done.

I, too, think we should eat Jeannie’s ice cream. Especially if it is Moose Tracks.

I planted tomatoes in pots this year.

We have excellent tacos where we live. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whitehawk said:

I saw this as I WANT A COWBELL. (It would not immediately occur to me that anyone would want Taco Bell!)

In today's technology report, this app is for dog storage: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dogparker.app&hl=en_US I saw the little house outside a store and was very... surprised that this is a thing, but okay.

I originally read it as I WANT A COBELLI.  What?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We received a bill for a $200-some odd deposit for our electric and it said that it was due a month ago and our electric would be cut off if we don't pay it. We called to see what we could do about it and it apparently had been waived because of our credit which is what we thought originally, and the bill went out by mistake. Svengo.

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

This makes me cry.  You are in the land of good tacos, and you want Taco Bell? 

Are you going to the Ford Mariachi festival tomorrow or to Battle of the Flowers Friday? There's also free concerts all week at the Mercado. https://fiestasanantonio.org/official-fiesta-event-calendar/

It was just a craving. I've had no tacos yet though. I'm low carb with a vengeance.

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Slache, you do realize that almost nothing at Taco Bell is gluten free?  I won't eat there.

https://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/allergen-info

I know. I haven't had it in years.

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

I saw this as I WANT A COWBELL.

I want that too.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Then we did a very quick dash to Costco. 

I miss Costco.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We received a bill for a $200-some odd deposit for our electric and it said that it was due a month ago and our electric would be cut off if we don't pay it. We called to see what we could do about it and it apparently had been waived because of our credit which is what we thought originally, and the bill went out by mistake. Svengo.

It was just a craving. I've had no tacos yet though. I'm low carb with a vengeance.

I know. I haven't had it in years.

I want that too.

I miss Costco.

You are 20 minutes from 2 of them in non rush hour traffic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

When I want Taco Bell, it's because I want Taco Bell.  I'm not looking for Mexican food.  I'm looking for Taco Bell.  I don't need anyone telling me it's not authentic.  That's not what I want at that moment.  And when I want it, I want it.  Maybe only twice a year or so, but there ya go.  

Now I want Taco Bell.

Yes. This.

53 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

You are 20 minutes from 2 of them in non rush hour traffic. 

Our membership expired and we can't justify another one.

• Like 3

Bed. I did my writers' meeting. Good turnout tonight, and much fun and loving on manuscripts happened. Which is all very good. But my head is hurting and I have a doctor's appointment in the morning for this funny shoulder mass/lump/swelling. I hope they poke it and make it all better. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

When I want Taco Bell, it's because I want Taco Bell.  I'm not looking for Mexican food.  I'm looking for Taco Bell.  I don't need anyone telling me it's not authentic.  That's not what I want at that moment.  And when I want it, I want it.  Maybe only twice a year or so, but there ya go.  

Yep.

I have never gone out for authentic tacos.  No, we did once.  They were fine.  I prefer the fish/beef/carnitas tacos I make myself.  We're having fish tacos tomorrow.  I'm so hungry.  And I should probably stop talking about food.  Good night!

• Like 2

I went to bed around midnight, I think, and slept until now.  Coffee.  A slower day today, thankfully, except it starts with me going to the dentist.  

Angi, I totally agree about Taco Bell - it's not a Mexican food craving; it's a Taco Bell craving.  One of my pregnancies, a bean burrito, no onion and a coke would settle my stomach like nothing else.  But now, once or twice a year is completely sufficient, lol.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Junie said:

Testing has been going well.  Since the kids are all older now, I don't have to do very much reading out loud this year.  Hooray!

(I will have to read for the listening tests, of course, but not much else.)

I'm considering testing Gymnast this year even though she's only in 2nd. It's not required for homeschoolers to test here. Next year she'll be in the part-time public school program, and I think she'll have to test with them for 3rd. Although, I know I can opt her out if that's the case. (I just won't take her to school those days.) Decisions, decisions....

• Like 5

Morning.  Super tired.  Had a Dr. Pepper at my stem coordinator job last night.  Meant to get a Sprite.  Should have gotten water.  When I accidentally got Dr. Pepper I shouldn't have drank it.  Caffeine and sugar at 6pm is not a good thing.  I don't ever have caffeine past 9am, and very very rarely have soda at all, and when I do it's Root Beer usually.  

Three classes today then driving dd to TKD.  No tutoring since I moved my usual student to Thursday to go along with some other schedule changes.

• Like 6

Good morning!

I woke up a couple times from frustrating dreams.  In one, I was coaching an adult softball team and was trying to give some instructions and one obnoxious lady wouldn't stop talking!  Then I got two traffic tickets within an hour and only later realized that they really couldn't give me a ticket for driving through a school zone that wasn't actually a school zone.  Then my alarm woke me up an hour early because I forgot to reset it from Easter morning.

Garden center and Aldi this morning.  The kids have church youth group tonight, but that's it for evening activities, and I just have to drop them off.  Ds14's boy scout patrol has made their menu for camping this weekend and it includes butternut squash breakfast burritos, rice krispie treats sandwiches, and baked chicken.  Seriously, boys.  It's not as though you've never gone camping before.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

I woke up to the sounds of whiny cats demanding to come in.🐱🙄

It’s gonna be a hot one today, Mathilda!!! 93 degrees. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 97.😩😩😩 It’s only April, for crying out loud. What are they thinking??

School. Older kids still have youth group tonight, but Awana is over for the year. Yay!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Other than homeschooling Gymnast, I don't teach another child today! (I'm not counting early morning ESL.) I finished the insect class last week, and those students signed up for the reptile class that starts next week.

I'll use that class time to start writing the reptile class. I already have the outline. Which, I ALMOST panicked yesterday because I had lost my comp book that all my reptile notes were in. But I asked Slash where it was and she told me and I found it and now all is well!

Later this evening, Gymnast goes to a recital (she's not playing though). She's been practicing playing all 6 versions of Twinkle without taking the bow off the strings. Which means I have to do it to...my arms get tired...she's kinda better than me...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5