Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Matt A.)))

The kids all had lollipops and Alex keeps showing everyone his blue "lapop tong".

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Can broccoli salad be made a day ahead without it getting watery or anything?

Yes. I only make two salads a week so it lasts for three or four days at least. Just don't let it freeze. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

(((Matt A.)))

The kids all had lollipops and Alex keeps showing everyone his blue "lapop tong".

Yes. I only make two salads a week so it lasts for three or four days at least. Just don't let it freeze. :ph34r:

lol.

He was frequently in trouble.  He and I often sat next to each other throughout elementary school because of the teachers' penchant for pairing off "good kids" and "troublemakers".  

• Like 3

And now I'm reminiscing...

I didn't exactly mind sitting next to Matt A. except for the day that he brought in a milk jug full of honeybees that he would shake to get them stirred up. :svengo:  And the day that he blew talcum powder all over me in art class.

In fifth grade my desk was part of an "island" with two boys in my class.  I gave them candy on a regular basis and they became my friendly protectors from the mean girls.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After 3 whole hours of sleep (6:30-9:30), I woke up with a Level 5 Headache.

Chocolate reduced it to a Level 3.

A baby can of Coke has taken it to a 2.

I think I'm about ready for a nap.

Dh is taking care of dinner tonight, so I have zero responsibilities for the rest of the day.  :)

• Like 4

Happy Saturday.  I slept in while dh and oldest dd went looking at cars again.  She bought a CRV and is very happy.  I'm happy she's driving something more reliable than her old car.  I worried.  Now I get to worry about her making sure she makes her car payments.

I'm doing laundry and preparing classes today.  Going to my moms for dinner tomorrow.  Turkey not ham since we aren't big fans of ham.  I don't do any of the cooking.  We're also not coloring eggs, doing a hunt or giving the kids baskets.  We're lame.  and they're old.

I moved from one school to another halfway through kindergarten.  I remember the room vaguely but that's about it.  I don't really remember much of my early days.  I think I spent a lot of time living in my head.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

Actually, I got kicked out of kindergarten.  

What de que?!?! I didn't think there were child-sized bazookas...

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I threw up in a picture book in Kindergarten and wasn't sure what to do so I closed the book and put it back on the book holder before telling the teacher that I was sick.  :laugh:

If I were that teacher, that book went straight to the trash without even looking at it!

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I have decided, due to extreme laziness, that I will serve it all at once.  :laugh:

It takes longer to thaw.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am not making anything for Easter. 

Me neither.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am good at not doing things. 

Me too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have two 4-hour test rating shifts today. It gets a bit boring, so I'm glad the shifts are two hours apart. 

I'm currently listening to 100 Must-have Bach Masterpieces (Amazon Prime) to help me concentrate.

I slept 8 hours last night.

I don't think I have much to say right now, actually.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Junie said:

And now I'm reminiscing...

I didn't exactly mind sitting next to Matt A. except for the day that he brought in a milk jug full of honeybees that he would shake to get them stirred up. :svengo:  And the day that he blew talcum powder all over me in art class.

In fifth grade my desk was part of an "island" with two boys in my class.  I gave them candy on a regular basis and they became my friendly protectors from the mean girls.  

You are brillian!  

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am not making anything for Easter. 

We're not either.  We're having pizza at my mom and dad's Sunday evening and letting my little nephew and niece hunt easter eggs.  All the other grandchildren (mine plus one more) are too old.  But at least we're getting together!  yay!

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am good at not doing things. 

Me neither.  

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hams are in the oven. Now, I need to make the Presbyterian Potato Bake and I am trying to decide if I want to listen to Fernando Ortega or the Allman Brothers.

I used to really like Fernando.  I tried to listen to him the other day and it was too mellow.  Like, put me in a depressed coma kind of mellow.  What did you decide?

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Can anyone tell me where my dh is? 

No.  Sorry.  

1 hour ago, Junie said:

After 3 whole hours of sleep (6:30-9:30), I woke up with a Level 5 Headache.

Chocolate reduced it to a Level 3.

A baby can of Coke has taken it to a 2.

I think I'm about ready for a nap.

Dh is taking care of dinner tonight, so I have zero responsibilities for the rest of the day.  🙂

Those are some serious skillz!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

More coffee!

Yes!  Or wine!  

55 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I’ve done some of the things. My to do list says now I should make a coconut cream pie and do my nails. Considering just covering that part in wite-out. Plus, Easter IS 50 days long. Perhaps I should pace myself. Yeeeeeees....

<insert drooling emo>  Homemade coconut cream pie?  I'll be right over.  ❤️  Also, who needs a manicure when you have pie??!!!!!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Aaaaaaaand my pie crust cracked while cooking. Soggy bottom imminent. 

I’ll take this one off your hands if you feel like you need to make another one.  That’s the kind of selfless friend I am!😜

It’s an “I love pie” booyah!!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Renai said:

Free time with Gymnast usually leads to some type of trouble...

Naw...

40 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I’ll take this one off your hands if you feel like you need to make another one.  That’s the kind of selfless friend I am!😜

It’s an “I love pie” booyah!!

Me too! Me too!

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Gyros are almost ready for dinner.  Brisket is rubbed.  Broccoli is saladed.  Eggs are deviled and Eastered.  Strawberry pretzel "salad" is chilling.  

We'll put the resurrection bisquits together after dinner.  My fridge is getting crowded.

OMW!

It seems the Resurrection Biscuits have gone the bizarro world way of the Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies.  Tonight, amongst the regular biscuit tombs, we also have the Resurrection Spikey Rock, Resurrection Handbag, and Resurrection Taco.  :blink:

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am ketchupped. You guys were having fun whilst I hostessed.

Now I gotta cleanup. But it’s not so bad because #potluck and #paperplates.

8 hours of reading 7th grade essays is not fun. Just sayin'. lol!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Renai said:

8 hours of reading 7th grade essays is not fun. Just sayin'. lol!

Oh, you poor thing.  I've read my share of 7th grade essays. The ones that only need a bit of punctuation here and there, or fix a run-on sentence are fine. It's the ones where you can not even begin to figure out how to fix the sentence and it's better if they just throw the whole thing away and start over... those are tough.

• Like 4

Happy Easter!

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:   And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" -John 11:25‭-‬26

• Like 4

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and got food to cook for tonight so we'll have that instead of pizza.  The bummer was I was going to keep it super convenient, but they didn't have Bob Evans mashed potatoes, so I've got to put a little more effort in.  Oh well.  I'm eating a quick lunch before I write out my time table for cooking this afternoon.  

• Like 2

We are between services - next one starts in about 5 minutes. The landscaping at the church is about 80% finished, so we now have a nice path and patio for gathering. And the weather is perfect today!

I had a bit more coffee, so that should hold me until we get home around 1:00ish. 

• Like 3