Menu

Ignore this thread!

22 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need a pat on the back. My family had white chocolate/raspberry bundt cake with cream cheese frosting that the neighbor brought over for dessert. I am having a stevia-sweetened cup of decaf coffee and feeling very sorry for myself.😩

Our wedding cake had white chocolate icing and a layer of raspberries.  It was SO good.  I think you chose well.  I think the cream cheese frosting would have been too much.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Slache said:

Can someone come pop my right hip? Or knee? I don't know what it is. Something is in wrong somewhere.

My sister-in-Law is a chiropractor. I will send her right over.

45 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dh's team won!!  Prayers answered!

Woohoo!!! High five!!! Go Sportsball!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

School. Well, school for the girls. DS is going somewhere with a friend and friend’s parents that has something to do with trains.  It sounds educational to me, so we are considering it a Field Trip.

Nothing else is going on. I should probably clean something or do laundry today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Grammar question:  is it “A letter was sent to Mom, Dad and I” or “A letter was sent to Mom, Dad and me?.  I am thinking the latter?  

You're right. They're objects of the preposition. We'd say, "to me," so likewise "to Mom, Dad and me."

It's a pronoun case booyah!   ✉️

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Grammar question:  is it “A letter was sent to Mom, Dad and I” or “A letter was sent to Mom, Dad and me?.  I am thinking the latter?  

“to me” is a prepositional phrase and “me” is a pronoun in the objective case. “I” is a pronoun in the nominative case, to be used as a subject or predicate nominative.

Thank you Rod & Staff!!👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Is it completely insane to consider directing a middle school version of Midsummer Night’s Dream so my Shakespeare-loving Snugglebunny can make some friends?  The Shakespeare part sounds fun but the house full of middleschoolers part makes me feel 😥😮

If you are currently feeling burned out then yes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Is it completely insane to consider directing a middle school version of Midsummer Night’s Dream so my Shakespeare-loving Snugglebunny can make some friends?  The Shakespeare part sounds fun but the house full of middleschoolers part makes me feel 😥😮

It probably makes you the best mom ever!  If you feel competent to do it and the primary discomfort is a noisy house a few times a week, I say go for it!  Yay for Spudz!  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I don’t know that I currently am...

po·ta·to

/pəˈtādō/

noun

1. a starchy plant tuber which is one of the most important food crops, cooked and eaten as a vegetable.

2. the plant of the nightshade family that produces the potato tubers on underground runners.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

po·ta·to

/pəˈtādō/

noun

1. a starchy plant tuber which is one of the most important food crops, cooked and eaten as a vegetable.

2. the plant of the nightshade family that produces the potato tubers on underground runners.

3. A Mom who can deal with a houseful of middle schoolers and do Shakespeare. (Just make sure you do a tragedy. Middle schoolers would love MacBeth or Hamlet. They would get all weird with something with a comedy/love play.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Urg...i hadn’t thought of that. 😞. That one appealed to me bc you can do it with barely any scenery outside and there are plenty of girl parts...

Trust me, I used to teach middle school and I actually directed two middle school plays, back in the day.  I can just imagine three middle school Girls totally getting in to the witches scene in MacBeth, and oh what fun they would have with “Out damn spot!! Out!!”.  Romeo and Juliet.... not so much. 

And girls can play boys parts. We did The Hobbit and had a girl play Thorin Oakenshield. She was amazing.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

We had Shakespeare nights when we would read the plays aloud.  Special hats to match your character were optional.  It was fun and required no scenery.  I would ask the girls what they would want to put on.  Some kids would be fine with Midsummer's Night Dream.  Some - especially the one assigned the part of Bottom - would be mortified.  It really depends on your mix of kids. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so where are y’all??? Priorities, people!! Priorities!!!

Sorrysorrysorrysorry.

I was at Good Friday Services dress rehearsal.  It's going to be very nice.  Dh gets to be the bell ringer again this year.  After the last choir song, the lights are dimmed and a bell/chime is slowly rung while everyone exits silently.

Don't let me forget to bring ds14 to his cello lesson tomorrow morning.  Have to leave at 8:15 CST.

Hi Maize!  

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Sorrysorrysorrysorry.

I was at Good Friday Services dress rehearsal.  It's going to be very nice.  Dh gets to be the bell ringer again this year.  After the last choir song, the lights are dimmed and a bell/chime is slowly rung while everyone exits silently.

Don't let me forget to bring ds14 to his cello lesson tomorrow morning.  Have to leave at 8:15 CST.

Hi Maize!  

That sounds really meaningful. At our old church we had a number of candles lit at the beginning of the service. After each set of Scripture and music ended, one candle was extinguished. And then the last candle was walked out by one of the elders and the whole church was dark and we exited in silence.

• Like 3