Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning.  It's Thursday, just two more days to the weekend.

I've been getting up a little early this week.  I'm also staying up late reading.  Great combination.  I keep having to run to the AFSA in the morning before class for supplies.  I have to do it again today.  

I'm doing some morning fasting.   I have my tea with bone broth at home, then don't eat until I get to the science center around 9am.  Now I just have to remember to stop eating in the evening.  That was the easy part but not when I'm staying up reading.   Seems to be a little hormonal as well.   I had a pickle sandwich around 11pm last night.  Hamburger cut pickle slices on a potato hotdog roll.  

• Like 3

Our dating anniversary is 6/5/04.  Easy to remember.  Plus one of the big horse races was on that day.  Future dh watched it in the bar while we were waiting for our table and he watches every year.  It's not on the same day, I guess it's always a certain day of the week.  I think there was a triple-crown that year or an almost triple crown?  You can tell I'm really into horse racing.

We got engaged 9/5/04 and married 10/26/04.

ETA:  A dating booya!  or a horse racing booya!  

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Juliet probably needs Jean to have a baby.  

I need to have ds14 try on his black suit jacket.  I'm sure it's too small, but I need to see if he'll at least fit into it for tomorrow night.  Otherwise we need to go to Target and get him a black shirt of some kind.  We've gotten a lot of milage out of this $3 Goodwill sportscoat!

Cello lesson this morning, grocery store this afternoon.  Nothing going on tonight!

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I posted on the 8th grade planning thread if anyone wants to take a gander. Do you think I have enough writing assigned?  

Imho, yes, it's enough.  I like that you mentioned essay questions in history - I think some sort of shorter more regular writing is good to do along side the bigger papers.  Depending on how the short writing assignments in history go, if you need to tweak that - you could do some outlining and re-writing from outlines (i.e. later in the week), but not necessary to add on top of everything else.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Sorrysorrysorrysorry.

I was at Good Friday Services dress rehearsal.  It's going to be very nice.  Dh gets to be the bell ringer again this year.  After the last choir song, the lights are dimmed and a bell/chime is slowly rung while everyone exits silently.

Don't let me forget to bring ds14 to his cello lesson tomorrow morning.  Have to leave at 8:15 CST.

Hi Maize!  

Don't forget about cello.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Each chapter has at least half a dozen essay questions and they’re pretty meaty. She’ll probably end up writing at least two pages, probably more, just on those. I didn’t put much outlining in next year because she has done so much this year—that’s basically what she does for history, outlines the chapter each week and then I quiz her orally off her notes.  

I’m trying not to overload because she doesn’t like writing, but I also want her to not be totally shellshocked by high scool.

Sounds great to me!!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

A Blessed Maundy Thursday to you all!!!!

Not much going on today!!! Kids have school. I will try to start getting things ready for company on Saturday!! I need to run to the nursery and pick up another Coral Bells (heuchera)  Don’t ask why. It’s too long to type and not a very interesting story anyhow, and I can’t believe i’m Driving 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back to pick up another gorgeous, expensive Coral Bells (heuchera), but I am.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have been watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. I have a love-hate relationship with this show. 

Oh my goodness, my kids love that show. I think it’s hilarious. “Miscreant” is an insult that is bandied about frequently around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, Krissi!!

I have just read two pages and have no idea how I have stayed away for so long. I have MISSED you guys. Which may be weird. Because, ya know, the Internet. But I have😘

Slache with a new chin hair, Jean’s bunnies, your coffee, Susan and the cello. It looks like Renai graduated a kid. Lynne is still in the car:) and that is all in just two pages.

Brief synopsis...

Around March of last year, we moved my in-laws to a memory care facility in our town. As you know, we had two years of Alzheimer’s/vascular dementia hell before coming to that very difficult decision. 

FIL passed away in June... funeral in July... the night of said funeral, my mother had an ICH stroke out of the blue. (I had a houseful of out of town guests for brunch when I got the call and had just told DS16 that we were finally going to settle into us as a family again.) 

Then, it was weeks of visiting her in a hospital an hour away. She couldn’t talk, or even communicate reliably or move much...many hours talking to her, holding her hand. Then, when they wanted to put in a feeding tube, I had to make the hardest decision of my life... to let her go. 

Then, it was hospice for 7 days, funeral, Estate and possessions, and the very long process of getting a sibling with MS on Medicaid and still trying to get them a move to a care home.

All of this while still, you know, feeding the family, homeschooling, cleaning toilets, dealing with teen trials and hugging away teen hurts. Not one ounce of energy left for the Internet, except for occasional scrolls through Pinterest to numb myself, lol.

Yesterday, DH and I celebrated 20 years of marriage... by watching Netflix and eating Sushi and ice cream bars in the living room while the kids were at a tennis match. And you know what, that was just right:) We were talking and are both amazed that we are still recovering from it all. But, we are recovering and getting back to the things in life that make us smile is awesome!

Apparently, ITT is one of those things🤗

Edited by Professormom
  • Like 8

Thanks, Lynn. ((Hugs back)). It is nice to be back, instead of just doing a drive by;)

It has been a road... hopefully, now life will let us finish strong with school. I can’t believe I have a junior and a freshman right now... so much time and energy has gone into other things. Now, we are circling the wagons, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Juliet probably needs Jean to have a baby.  

I need to have ds14 try on his black suit jacket.  I'm sure it's too small, but I need to see if he'll at least fit into it for tomorrow night.  Otherwise we need to go to Target and get him a black shirt of some kind.  We've gotten a lot of milage out of this $3 Goodwill sportscoat!

Cello lesson this morning, grocery store this afternoon.  Nothing going on tonight!

Coffee!

You do realize that I am older than you are, right?  A baby would put me on national television!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Professormom said:

Imagine my immense delight to find that you are all still here!!! 🎉

It has to be over a year since I have been on the WTM boards, so much has changed...

I am so looking forward to doing some ketch up and seeing what has been new in the world of ITT!!

Imagine my immense delight to see that Heather is here!!

• Like 4

We met on a bus and he was completely drugged out. His friend thought I was annoying (I wonder why) and intentionally got us separated. Two weeks later he showed up outside my door clean but I wouldn't date him until he stopped smoking. After he gave up drugs and cigarettes for me I had to marry him. I didn't really have a choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, Heather! Welcome back.

This was the last day for standardized testing, and Kitty had Had It with our conduct. At 8:30 she demanded to be read to. "But we do the bubble test thing at the school table." No, it's time to Read to Your Kitty, so you sit on the couch like Good Peoples who have had some Proper Training.

So I sat in my assigned seat on the couch and picked up a book. She reminded us that DS also has an assigned seat. He joined me, and I read her a passage about genetics and cat breeding. Then we were allowed to go to the school table. #welltrainedpeople

We finished the standardized test and mailed it back (along with the please-let-me-out-of-jury-duty letter) and hit the library and now I need to clean the house because company is coming, but hi, internet friends. Also DH texted me to say now he has to work next week. I.e., I get to entertain his parents (and DS, with no school to keep him busy) by myself. Fun times.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Neko is being a buttcat.  He wouldn't eat his freeze-dried chicken because it was a different (cheaper) brand.  So I gave it to Juliet.  But then he wouldn't let Juliet eat her food. . .   

That's what you get for naming him cat. He has double catness.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Professormom said:

Imagine my immense delight to find that you are all still here!!! 🎉

It has to be over a year since I have been on the WTM boards, so much has changed...

I am so looking forward to doing some ketch up and seeing what has been new in the world of ITT!!

Heather!  Hey Beautiful!  So happy to see you! Hugs for your struggles!  What a hard year!  Your anniversary story is the BEST!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You do realize that I am older than you are, right?  A baby would put me on national television!

I'd be OK with that.

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Fur babies ok.

I didn't say anything about fur.

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd is having all four wisdom teeth removed this morning. Prayers would be appreciated. 

(((Events Planner & Drs & Jean)))

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

On the way to cello lesson a wasp started flying around the windshield.  INSIDE the van.  I stopped for gas and managed to wound it with a tissue box against the glass and then beat it with a waterbottle on the dashboard.  When we got back to the van after the lesson, the wasp was gone.  Svengo.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I didn't say anything about fur.

I did.

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

On the way to cello lesson a wasp started flying around the windshield.  INSIDE the van.  I stopped for gas and managed to wound it with a tissue box against the glass and then beat it with a waterbottle on the dashboard.  When we got back to the van after the lesson, the wasp was gone.  Svengo.  

(((Wasp)))

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Obvs between the whackings and smackings and the Laser Glare of Impending Certain Death, it was not going to stick around. No WaspVan for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Svengo.

I am so glad you all survived.

• Like 2

We met at the bowling league our work ran.  We worked for the same company but different divisions that we would never meet during the course of work.  He kept asking me out for a year but I was semi-recently divorced, finishing up a degree, and not really interested in dating.   We did go out with the group after bowling some weeks.  I ended up saying yes to going out about a month after I finished my degree and things moved really fast from there.  

Our first date is easy to remember because it's just a countdown - 6/5/4 - and we end up talking about it every year when whatever horse race that is comes on.  Engagement was a surprise when we were camping over Labor Day weekend.  I was surprised and my first reaction was actually "Holy Sh**". LOL.    We were supposed to have a big wedding in May (dh's first marriage), but oldest dd and I were moving in with dh since he owned a house and I was barely paying my rent so we had a quiet ceremony with just us, dd and adult witnesses with a plan to not tell anyone and celebrate the May date as our anniversary.  We knew we wanted more kids so I went off the pill since I was old enough that typically getting pregnant would take a while.  Instead I was pregnant with ds within 2 weeks of the wedding.    Since there was no way I was doing a big wedding 7-8 months pregnant, we just told everyone at Christmas time that we were expecting, and oh yeah by the way, we're also married already.

• Like 3