Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

For Palm Sunday at our church, the children's choir sings a prelude and the first verse of All Glory, Laud, and Honor.  After confession and the sermon, we get palm branches as we come forward for communion, and then do a responsive reading of Revelation 7:9-12 and sing Hosanna to the King of Kings to end the service.  We have a Good Friday service which is probably my favorite of the entire year (it sort of goes through maybe 7 stations of the cross?), and then the choir also sings Easter Sunday morning.  That's our Holy Week.

Awww, now, see, that’s what I’m talking about!!!

• Like 2

I needed a particular snake product and didn't want to spend very much money so we went to this giant pet store downtown. They had a reptile room with a ton of reptiles on display and a bird room with a macaw just flying around. The dog class had finished and everyone was hanging out with the local kids petting all of the dogs. I think this might have to be a regular visit!

• Like 3

One synopsis down. I think I may have made it too emotionally charged, but usually when I do that--so that's I'm literally cringing at the potential melodrama--I usually hit the right spot. Hazard of being a less than feeling kind of person? Don't know. I'm eating granola and debating whether to bake potatoes or mash them. I think I will bake them. Much easier.

One more synopsis to read and tweak, and then I'm calling it good.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's supposed to get down to 37 tonight, but up to 67 tomorrow.  I'm back on the Fitbit Stepwagon this week.  I wish I had a dog to walk.

I want a dog. I love my cats, but I want a dog. But I don’t think the cats would stand for a dog. They are quite set in their ways.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  It's Monday.  I slept okay until the torrential rain, thunder, lightning and high winds came through at 3am.  

Dh and I went to a nice dinner out last night.  Super yummy food and I have leftovers for lunch.

Three classes, two tutoring sessions and 4-H on the agenda for today so it's going to be a long one.  I still don't know what I'm doing for 4-H.  I have some ideas but I have to narrow them down and pick one.  

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I dreamed last night that I was staying in a cabin and it got so cold that it started snowing inside.  Nobody will be home for dinner tonight, so I don't have to get any soup ready.  I think next week will be the same.  Music lessons and children's choir, Scout's, and orchestra rehearsal for me tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩 (Despite all my wishes and magic spells to the contrary, it is indeed Monday)

The Kids have their last Enrichment Academy today (instead of Wednesday) and I have to stay for it, the day I really need to drop them off and go to Costco. We’re having Easter at our house this year and I really need to go to Costco for a ham. We usually have Easter at my sister-in-law’s, but this year their house is torn up due to a remodel, so she asked me if I could have it at mine. I don’t mind at all. I guess we’ll have to go to Costco after EA.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It’s supposed to be 87 degrees this week. That’s getting close to 90, which is unacceptable.

The short person and I are going to Phoenix on Wednesday (coming back on Saturday.)

It's going to be 96 on Friday. We're going to die.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I'm awake. My head feels muddled, but no real pain.

I have nothing to do today. Except laundry, which we didn't get to yesterday. So, some time today I need to go to the laundromat. Preferably this morning because Gymnast has a violin lesson and other online class this afternoon. Oops, just realized she has a Magic Treehouse online class later this morning. Hmmm...

I did a live on my FB page this morning, waking up Gymnast in Spanish. It was kinda funny because she didn't want to get up. It is part of my "series" of integrating language into daily routines.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I want a dog. I love my cats, but I want a dog. But I don’t think the cats would stand for a dog. They are quite set in their ways.

I used to have a cat that I trained to walk on a leash. I was used to dogs and didn't know any better. You should have seen the looks I got when I took him to the vet. On a leash instead of a cage...

And it's a 猫, ネコ, gato, BOOYA!

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I did my yoga. I’m Trying to do it at least 3x/week. I’m doing “Yoga for the Inflexible” a video on Amazon Prime. I’ve been trying out a lot of yoga videos, but I do like this one. It is extremely beginnerish, which is what I need.

Sounds like something I need to look up...

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I was up half the night due to wind and weather-related pain.  😞  I slept 'til after 9.  I'll be ok.

This is our last week of ASL.  We are using Bill Vicars' Youtube channel and we are on Week 60.  Yay!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I used to have a cat that I trained to walk on a leash. I was used to dogs and didn't know any better. You should have seen the looks I got when I took him to the vet. On a leash instead of a cage...

And it's a 猫, ネコ, gato, BOOYA!

That is one compliant cat.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I did my yoga. I’m Trying to do it at least 3x/week. I’m doing “Yoga for the Inflexible” a video on Amazon Prime. I’ve been trying out a lot of yoga videos, but I do like this one. It is extremely beginnerish, which is what I need.

Did I tell you about the PBS yoga show I tried doing years ago?  It was so hard!  And a few weeks went by before I realized it was a "yoga for the elderly" program!  :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Kids are eating lunch.  (Tortilla chips with refried beans & toppings and cream cheese-stuffed dates left over from yesterday.)  All the laundry is put away, my winter clothes bin is ready to go downstairs, the chair and underneath are cleaned and dusted, and I found a big box to store end-of-school-year books as they come in the mail.  I have a couple minor tidying projects next and then maybe 10 more minutes of glider before story time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1