Menu

Ignore this thread!

37 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I need to figure out a transcript and put together grades for this last year. Mostly, we homeschooled with wolves, and it was a fantastic year, with the boys being self-starters in everything, and studying additional things on their own because they had plenty of time to pursue stuff for themselves. But I somehow have to put grades for that...so this weekend, maybe. Pull out everything and decide how I want to document it all for later.

I need to do better this coming year.

Sounds like you are doing just fine. Your boys are having an amazing learning experience!!!! You need to write a book about it - titled “Homeschooling With the Wolves”.

• Like 2

I am hiding in my room while the girls make baked goods for the youth group fund raiser.  I don't like baking much and particularly hate baking with my kids.  Because Bad Mom.  So I stuck some boxes of brownie mix and lemon pound cake mix on the counter and said "have fun."  We really should be having story time, but I don't want to interrupt the baking process.

• Like 4

Apparently there were 300,000 extra people downtown in The Big City yesterday for the NFL Draft thing and it was making the WooWoo Girls a bit cranky.

(WooWoo Girls are a group of girls on a bachelorette destination party who get on bicycle taverns and yell "woo woo" thoughout the city.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am hiding in my room while the girls make baked goods for the youth group fund raiser.  I don't like baking much and particularly hate baking with my kids.  Because Bad Mom.  So I stuck some boxes of brownie mix and lemon pound cake mix on the counter and said "have fun."  We really should be having story time, but I don't want to interrupt the baking process.

Same.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dh and the team are on their way to Waco, for the playoff games, which were postponed due to rain!  Prayers for safety and two wins would be greatly appreciated!  

Oh, I've been to Waco!  Wave Hi to Sister of Susan in TN!  Hope your games go well!

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Apparently there were 300,000 extra people downtown in The Big City yesterday for the NFL Draft thing and it was making the WooWoo Girls a bit cranky.

(WooWoo Girls are a group of girls on a bachelorette destination party who get on bicycle taverns and yell "woo woo" thoughout the city.)

And there’s nothing worse than a bunch of cranky Woowoo Girls.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 4

Speaking of cranky, my oldest and youngest girls are a wreck this afternoon. As soon as I am done with the bills I am going to hibernate in my bedroom with my cats and COFFEE!!!~D and watch Wonderland. I have been watching too much of that show. I am starting to talk to myself in an Australian accent.😂

• Like 4

Ok, I just gotta say this. The thread about storing books and making them accessible.... It just has to go away.  I have been on these boards for too long and all our little “words” that mean other things..... 😩😩😩😩😩😩😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I want to hibernate with a book and a cup of tea.  I can have the tea, and I'm reading a book as soon as I print out stuff I need for tomorrow (Pokemon Zoology workshop) but I can't hibernate. My only place to sit comfortably with a book and tea is my chair in the living room.  So, right in the middle of things.  

It's been yucky all day.  Heavy rain, some thunderstorms, evidently watches and warnings all over including tornadoes which are pretty unusual around here.   

• Like 3

We did a trial run of the SAT today. The short person was able to make it through-whew! So on with the real thing on the the 4th (And what a cool date it is.) So, we are behind schedule for testing, but not horrifically so. No subject tests until after the summer, but she only needs them for her "oh, what the heck, I might as well give it a shot" schools. Spinal surgery in the middle of junior year is not the best thing, academically-speaking. OOF.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

iTired. I want a vacation. A real one, with a beach and a drink with an umbrella. And no schools to visit. Or pets to take care of. Or meals to cook. Or poop to scoop.

Maybe I'll go hide in my room and read. After dinner and the dishes. 😐

I may perhaps be having a bit of a pity party.

• Like 5

I need a weekend of pampering at the island. Like full room service, massage, drinks with umbrellas, and a waterfall pool spa with all the ferns and tropical birds singing in the trees.  I managed maybe 250 words today, did some reading, did some critiquing, and fought with the doctor's office and insurance all day. Bottom line, I don't get a CT scan. We're going to have to go backdoor to try to get a diagnosis. I go in for chest radiographs on Monday and an ulrasound on Thursday. I'm so wiped out all I want to do is hide under the covers and bawl until someone tells me all the bad guys and monsters are gone. Instead, I've got to somehow keep on going, explaining all this stuff to DH and the boys, writing my stories as hard as I can, and I have to work tomorrow. But after that, island. Stat. 

• Sad 4

17 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

We did a trial run of the SAT today. The short person was able to make it through-whew! So on with the real thing on the the 4th (And what a cool date it is.) So, we are behind schedule for testing, but not horrifically so. No subject tests until after the summer, but she only needs them for her "oh, what the heck, I might as well give it a shot" schools. Spinal surgery in the middle of junior year is not the best thing, academically-speaking. OOF.

Dd16 is taking the SAT on May the 4th, too.

• Like 3

I went to the back (front) yard to get water straight from the pump since it's well water and tastes fresher than when it comes through the house pipes. Since Gymnast wanted to fill my water bottle, I took the opportunity to jog around the yard a couple of times and walk another couple of times. 

Back to work.

• Like 2

Speaking of May the 4th (be with you),

I am so tired of keeping Star Wars spoilers secret.

Ds18 and dd14 have watched all of the movies.  Dd12 is looking forward to watching them once she becomes dd13. 😉

Dd16 however... sigh.  She watched 4,5,6 and I think 1,2,3, but she refuses to watch 7 and 8 until 9 comes out this winter.  She dislikes cliffhangers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd did the best she’s ever done on academic testing. Though this testing doesn’t count for anything other than fulfilling a state requirement 

We still do paper testing, so we won't have our results for several weeks.

I always forget that there are other options, but with so many of my kids testing it would take for.ev.er.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I need a weekend of pampering at the island. Like full room service, massage, drinks with umbrellas, and a waterfall pool spa with all the ferns and tropical birds singing in the trees.  I managed maybe 250 words today, did some reading, did some critiquing, and fought with the doctor's office and insurance all day. Bottom line, I don't get a CT scan. We're going to have to go backdoor to try to get a diagnosis. I go in for chest radiographs on Monday and an ulrasound on Thursday. I'm so wiped out all I want to do is hide under the covers and bawl until someone tells me all the bad guys and monsters are gone. Instead, I've got to somehow keep on going, explaining all this stuff to DH and the boys, writing my stories as hard as I can, and I have to work tomorrow. But after that, island. Stat. 

((critter)) I think maybe I need to skip the island and pack up the bazooka for a visit to your neck of the woods...

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Dd16 is taking the SAT on May the 4th, too.

May the 4th be with her!

• Like 5