Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

I have an appointment with a neurologist in The Big City.  I haven't exactly lost hope about getting rid of these headaches*, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

*Update on my headaches:  It has been over 2 1/2 years now of (near) daily migraines.  I had one day (about a week ago) that I did not have a headache.  Since last fall, my head has hurt nearly every moment of every day.

I started taking daily naps in January and that has helped a lot.  The pain is much less severe.  Also, the pain got less frequent after my blood transfusion in May.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Good morning!  TGIF!

Jean, how are your hips doing wth the exercises?

Junie, I'm hoping the dr. can come up with something helpful!

Just keep swimming, Slache!

I have nothing on the calendar today or tomorrow.  It would be helpful if I had printer ink so I could actually get more stuff done, but if I'm honest, there's plenty that can be done without it.  I should be able to print by Monday night.  My goal is to be ready with school stuff by Tuesday.  :willy_nilly:

COFFEE!!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The air quality is bad because of fires near Yosemite. I keep coughing. 

I'm sorry. But I wrote the line about my protagonist getting stranded in Yosemite and setting the woods on fire yesterday. So I smiled. But I hope the fires die down and breathing gets better for you. The topography out there traps a world of smoke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

I have an appointment with a neurologist in The Big City.  I haven't exactly lost hope about getting rid of these headaches*, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

*Update on my headaches:  It has been over 2 1/2 years now of (near) daily migraines.  I had one day (about a week ago) that I did not have a headache.  Since last fall, my head has hurt nearly every moment of every day.

I started taking daily naps in January and that has helped a lot.  The pain is much less severe.  Also, the pain got less frequent after my blood transfusion in May.

Ask him about the connection between the blood transfusion and the improvement. I'm curious about whether there is a connection.

• Like 4

I have commandeered the kitchen table and it is full of writing stuff that has sprawled way beyond the median. I need to shovel off half of it so we can do school. Putting together queries today, checking out sub guidelines for the publisher, and working on some of my editors suggestions for my first chapter. If I don't lose my mind by the end of the day, it will be a good day.

Also, I am trying to figure out this open course writing class I signed up for, and it's taken me a week to figure out how to get to some of the stuff I need to get too, so I'm about a week behind. Might have some serious writing to do to catch up. Sigh.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

I get rid of my 3 oldest today. Our church youth group is doing a service project today, all day. There’s a facility nearby run by YWAM that, among other things, collects fruit culls from local packing sheds, dries the fruit, packages it and sends it to hungry people worldwide. So, the youth group is going there to work today. One thing I really really appreciate about our junior high and high school youth directors is their emphasis on service. I think they probably arrange more service opportunities for the kids than “fun stuff”. This past Sunday oldest DS worked for a couple hours helping move donated furniture for a missionary family who just arrived in the States on furlough.

It’s supposed to be a cooker again today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, I slept most of yesterday, that's why I didn't post much.  Today, I have no plans, just dropping Ds off at church to help with the garage sale and getting dd to work and home.

Junie, I'm glad your headaches are better, I hope things continue to improve.

(((slache))) you can do it, we're all in your corner!

critter, good job on all the twitter followers 

im hoping I get to hang out some today!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning, I slept most of yesterday, that's why I didn't post much.  Today, I have no plans, just dropping Ds off at church to help with the garage sale and getting dd to work and home.

Junie, I'm glad your headaches are better, I hope things continue to improve.

(((slache))) you can do it, we're all in your corner!

critter, good job on all the twitter followers 

im hoping I get to hang out some today!

I hope it helps my "marketing platform". Sigh. I can't do much more just yet. Not set up for it with equipment or internet access yet. But maybe by the fall I can have a website up, and a blog going. There will be a poetry section.:biggrin:

• Like 5

Good morning! I was out of commission all day yesterday due to what DD adorably calls "punctuation pain" and Slache calls "the manner of womanhood." Every month I keep saying I need to get to the GYN and push him to look again for endometriosis or something else wrong. Missing work/school days each month due to pain, dizziness and nausea isn't OK and it feels like it's gotten worse in the past year ? In the past they've never found anything but they've never done the exploratory surgery for endo either. Feeling a bit better today though, just have to stay rigorous about taking IB on schedule. If I let it get to the point that I feel a twinge, it's already too late and I'll be writhing before the next dose takes effect.

Finished one translation on time and promptly got commissioned for another one, so that's good. The last couple of years we've noticed a pattern... exactly as much money as we need to make it through to the next regularly-scheduled paycheck seems to fall in our laps just when we start wondering how we're going to do it this month. At this point, it's such a recognizable pattern that when I see a sudden uptick in new student enrollment, I sort of brace myself for whatever we'll need the extra money for. And within about 2 weeks, the engine falls out of the car or something. It's not, you know, the most stress-free way of living, but it certainly has opened our eyes to the role of Providence in our lives, so that's a blessing ?

• Like 6

Kids are dropped off, looks like a good group working today. Came home and ate breakfast with the little girls. This morning we had breakfast in honor of my Grandma B. Every day in the summer she’d have a bowl of fresh peaches and cream and peanut butter toast. And of course COFFEE~D (and y’all think I drink a lot of COFFEE~D, you should have known my grandma?). We brought her picture from the bookshelf and we talked about my Grandma and about heaven (since that is where she’s at, my little girls never met her). It was such a nice, peaceful breakfast.

• Like 6

I'm leaving for hula class in a few minutes, after which I'll zoom home, get Mr. Ellie and our luggage, and zoom off to Midland, Texas ("zoom" being a relative word, as it will take us over five hours to get there, because Texas). I may or may not be able to check in until Sunday afternoon, so party on. :-)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I'm leaving for hula class in a few minutes, after which I'll zoom home, get Mr. Ellie and our luggage, and zoom off to Midland, Texas ("zoom" being a relative word, as it will take us over five hours to get there, because Texas). I may or may not be able to check in until Sunday afternoon, so party on. ?

Have fun stormin’ the castle!!

or in your case, zoomin’ The castle.?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The kids have been thoroughly tortured! We went on the trail of 1000 spiderwebs and they kept screaming so loudly that we saw no cool birds or wildlife, but I think they almost enjoyed it. Maybe. We must have been the first people on that trail in forever because there were spiderwebs with huge spiders blocking the path every 2 feet. They must all rebuild now. 

Then we got a little lost and went to another park that was really nice. We had no idea we had anything like that near us. Doggie, who hates her baths and the rain, is super dirty because she decided she's a swimming dog! She almost slipped her collar refusing to come out of the water. She's never been swimming before so we were stunned when she ran in. We'll have to go back better prepared for wading and a swimming dog. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I drove the kids over to TSD-OFNK's house to see if they could play - we haven't seen them for a few weeks and dh texted the dad and didn't get a response.  There were papers taped to the front door (I didn't go up to read them) and nobody answered the door, though the dad's car was parked on the street.  Now I'm a little worried about them. 

• Sad 5

I cut 1000 words. That's going to be worth a 1K gain for Camp NaNo, and I feel it should be 3K for the passes I did to get it there and not lose voice, character, setting, conflict and drama.

Next up, chapter 2. Goal of cutting 800 words.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Ask him about the connection between the blood transfusion and the improvement. I'm curious about whether there is a connection.

I got back from the neurologist and took a nap.

I'm not sure if I like him or not.

He cursed several times, including when I told him about my history of kidney stones because he couldn't prescribe the medication he was planning to give me.  I am not a fan of foul language in general, and certainly not at doctor's appointments.  But he seemed like he wanted to help me and he seemed willing to step outside of the box to find a treatment for me, so I think that I'll stick with him for now.

He said that he doesn't know of any correlation between anemia and migraines.  He said that the blood transfusion probably just made me feel better in general (and not specific toward the migraines).

He seemed a bit concerned as he performed the exam.  He had a metal tool that he held against my face, arms, and legs.  The feeling on the left side of my body was much cooler than it was on the right.  I know that it should have felt equally cold on both sides, but it didn't.  He ordered a new MRI, even though I just had one in April.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I got back from the neurologist and took a nap.

I'm not sure if I like him or not.

He cursed several times, including when I told him about my history of kidney stones because he couldn't prescribe the medication he was planning to give me.  I am not a fan of foul language in general, and certainly not at doctor's appointments.  But he seemed like he wanted to help me and he seemed willing to step outside of the box to find a treatment for me, so I think that I'll stick with him for now.

He said that he doesn't know of any correlation between anemia and migraines.  He said that the blood transfusion probably just made me feel better in general (and not specific toward the migraines).

He seemed a bit concerned as he performed the exam.  He had a metal tool that he held against my face, arms, and legs.  The feeling on the left side of my body was much cooler than it was on the right.  I know that it should have felt equally cold on both sides, but it didn't.  He ordered a new MRI, even though I just had one in April.

I’m sorry, Junie. I agree, cursing is a bit unprofessional. It’s good he wants to try to help you and is willing to think about it. I hope you can get some help.

• Like 2

I am in the middle of backing up all my work for the day. Cut 1200 words. Gave myself double that for camp, because cutting is harder than writing. I have one more scene to go, and need to cut about 150 more on this chapter,  but I am about out of gas. Bed, work tomorrow, then get the rest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1