Menu

Ignore this thread!

13 hours ago, egao_gakari said:

Good morning! My box of chai is empty today, so I'm facing the dilemma: go out and get some, or go without? I think I gotta go get some but that means getting dressed and stuff when I'm not awake yet ? 

It's DH's birthday, but he isn't a birthday person, so we don't really have anything super special planned. I think we'll have some people over to play board games this weekend.

DS has Magic group then Ultimate Frisbee, DD has her first tennis lesson. I have 2 classes to teach at the exact same time as these activities, so it's going to be hubby who gets them there. I feel a bit bad asking him to do things on his birthday.

I'm also working on a translation that I agreed to and then promptly forgot about, so now I'm under a bit of a time crunch. Oops!

Happy Nirthday to your DH!!!

As an aside: my phone now recognizes Nirthday as legit.  Because, of course, it is. ? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I love summer.  Heat.  Glorious.  

Okay, I think I am covered with ketchup now.   Thanks for keeping the thread going. ?

Wow!!! I’m not sure we can be friends anymore.

just kidding. I love you!!

but heat?? Loving summer??

• Like 3

I mustard. Going to bed soon.

Went to the writers' meeting really too stressed to read. But I ended up going over the developmental edit stuff with the group. Instantly five people wanted the MS to read, and wanted to go over my horrible revision that I hate and see if there are things that have merit, and all agreed that while the suggestion to cut has merit, they feel such a draconian cut would hurt the MS quite badly. So, I just sent the requested documents off for analysis and feedback from the group. So when I get my Beta read back, that will make six second opinions in addition to my critique partner's opinions! 

In other news, my critique partner had a potential request this evening for her MS in revision, so a good writing night was had by all!

• Like 6

How many WTM forum members do you think haven't yet noticed that when they "return" at the end of a paragraph the new software automatically adds a line space between paragraphs, and so now their messages have big ol' gaps between paragraphs because they are still double-spacing?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ellie said:

FTFY.

::cheeky grin::

Speech to text!

10 minutes ago, Ellie said:

How many WTM forum members do you think haven't yet noticed that when they "return" at the end of a paragraph the new software automatically adds a line space between paragraphs, and so now their messages have big ol' gaps between paragraphs because they are still double-spacing?

Inquiring minds want to know.

You should p.m. all of them and find out.

• Like 2

Good morning!

oh no, Lynn!  Don't be sick!

Not so much with the sleep last night.

The most annoying thing about the automatic double space is when you are posting haikus.  I don't know how to fix it.

I guess I can get up and start putting breakfast together.  Greek yogurt, strawberries, and granola.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Lynn, I hope you feel better.

Slache, praying for that family.

Store, math, devotional and instrument practice for today.  Also, I foolishly decided to help a friend out by saying that I'd sit at soccer practice with her dd while she attended an event for her older kids, that means I'll be out in the heat for 2 1/2 HOUSR STRAIGHT!  Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with summer, I love it as a matter of fact, its soccer I can do without, lol.  Seriously, I just don't want to sit in the heat for that long but I shall persevere.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!

Lynn, I hope you feel better.

Slache, praying for that family.

Store, math, devotional and instrument practice for today.  Also, I foolishly decided to help a friend out by saying that I'd sit at soccer practice with her dd while she attended an event for her older kids, that means I'll be out in the heat for 2 1/2 HOURS STRAIGHT!  Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with summer, I love it as a matter of fact, its soccer I can do without, lol.

Advice from a soccer mom: sunscreen, water, comfy chair, a really good book

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today we shall clean because it's getting to me. One DD is excited because she LOVES to clean. I don't know how she's my child. The others will be assigned to keeping Baby occupied. Baby is ridiculously adorable and I'm jealous of their assignment which is probably why this place looks like I need to clean. 

• Like 7

Vets have been telling me that Mister Kitty is obese and needs to lose a significant amount of weight for years. Mister Kitty does not approve of diets and they make him grumpy. With his new haircut, I am coming around to Mister Kitty's side. He looks downright trim under all that fluff; maybe even skinny. I think the vets were just looking at the scale and not taking into account that Mister Kitty is humongous. He's tall, long, muscular, and shall be having all the treats he wants now. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Paige said:

Vets have been telling me that Mister Kitty is obese and needs to lose a significant amount of weight for years. Mister Kitty does not approve of diets and they make him grumpy. With his new haircut, I am coming around to Mister Kitty's side. He looks downright trim under all that fluff; maybe even skinny. I think the vets were just looking at the scale and not taking into account that Mister Kitty is humongous. He's tall, long, muscular, and shall be having all the treats he wants now. 

His hair is insanely heavy. Do you weigh yourself in snow gear?

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE~D

Wednesday!!!

Hot!!?????????????(it was 106 ۤ#&$ degrees here yesterday)

Nothing going on here today!!! Kids have youth group swim parties tonight, but that’s it.

Lynn, I hope you’re really not getting sick!! Feel better soon!!

Paige, Mr. Kitty is perfect!!

Slashie, yikes for oversleeping. Glad Matt won’t be in trouble.

Ellie, I did notice the double space thingie. And I have no idea what is significant about July 18, except that it is one day closer to fall than it was yesterday.

Mama25angels, bring lots of water. And a good book.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE~D

Wednesday!!!

Hot!!?????????????(it was 106 ۤ#&$ degrees here yesterday)

Nothing going on here today!!! Kids have youth group swim parties tonight, but that’s it.

Lynn, I hope you’re really not getting sick!! Feel better soon!!

Paige, Mr. Kitty is perfect!!

Slashie, yikes for oversleeping. Glad Matt won’t be in trouble.

Ellie, I did notice the double space thingie. And I have no idea what is significant about July 18, except that it is one day closer to fall than it was yesterday.

Mama25angels, bring lots of water. And a good book.

I think she was insinuating that today is hump day. I'm just a brat.

• Like 2

Good morning. Of course I know what today is. It's the day I pitch my novel to publishers. Two tweets out the door already.:biggrin: Not hoping for anything much, but you never know.

We had a wonderful thunderstorm this morning, but I didn't get a good shot of any of the lighting. And I so wanted to catch one on camera. Better luck next storm! I am tired today, but I have a bunch of pitches to get out, story to write, school to teach and a house to clean. At least I feel better than I did yesterday.

ETA: It's a better day Booyah!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

I am curious to know what my sleep pattern would look like.

It can be helpful. I don't know why I'm not sleeping so it's not right now, but it's a good reminder to behave oneself when oneself is not behaving.

• Like 1

Argh! Japanese has this incredible ability to stack multiple adjectives/past and present participles all on one little noun in a way that sounds awkward in English no matter how you slice it. Divide into 2 sentences? Awkward. Keep it in one sentence? Grammatically impossible. I need to step away from this durn translation for an hour and fold some laundry or something.

DS suddenly came down with a stomachache, so no airsoft today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paige said:

Our vet gives us weight recommendations based on the actual breed.  " The Maine Coon is the largest breed of domestic cat. On average, males weigh from 13 to 18 lb (5.9 to 8.2 kg) with females weighing from 8 to 12 lb (3.6 to 5.4 kg). "  How much does Mr. Kitty weigh?

(Our cat is not as big as a Maine Coon cat but he is a bigger breed that the vet said should be 16 pounds.  There was a time when we did have him on a diet though and we gave him just as much food as usual but a reduced calorie variety.) 

3 hours ago, Paige said:

Paige, my vet has been saying something similar about our kitty but he doesn't recommend trying to put a cat on a diet! 

Critter, I'm glad you're feeling better!

went to store

lessons done

boy is composing a song for Halloween on keyboard 

other boy has retreated to his room to play

cleaning up cat puke and contemplating a trip to the mailbox, just for the extra steps because all we get are bills and advertisements and I can live without both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our vet gives us weight recommendations based on the actual breed.  " The Maine Coon is the largest breed of domestic cat. On average, males weigh from 13 to 18 lb (5.9 to 8.2 kg) with females weighing from 8 to 12 lb (3.6 to 5.4 kg). "  How much does Mr. Kitty weigh?

(Our cat is not as big as a Maine Coon cat but he is a bigger breed that the vet said should be 16 pounds.  There was a time when we did have him on a diet though and we gave him just as much food as usual but a reduced calorie variety.) 

He's part of a litter that the shelter received with no information. He's listed as a domestic longhair, but he looks very maine coon and he is massive. He weighs between 17-20lbs and is about 17 now. The vet had us reduce his food and use lower calorie, but we just reduced it some because he didn't like low calorie food. Here he is at only 1yr old! The vet wanted him 15lbs or under. He's not as fat as he looks in the picture because he's all squished up. 

bigkitty.jpg

• Like 3