Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 minutes ago, Paige said:

He's part of a litter that the shelter received with no information. He's listed as a domestic longhair, but he looks very maine coon and he is massive. He weighs between 17-20lbs and is about 17 now. The vet had us reduce his food and use lower calorie, but we just reduced it some because he didn't like low calorie food. Here he is at only 1yr old! The vet wanted him 15lbs or under. He's not as fat as he looks in the picture because he's all squished up. 

bigkitty.jpg

15 pounds is way too low!  Neko is part Russian blue and 15 would make him skeletal 

If every person in this thread were in ideal shape we would all have different weights and I would likely weigh at least 50 pounds more than at least one of you. There is no ideal weight for the typical human being and there is no ideal weight for the typical cat. You can't just call him a domestic longhair and say because of that he should weigh less than 15 pounds. That's ignorant.

• Like 3

No one is here except for me and the kids. They were supposed to be picked up by Matt when he got off work but I told them to get an Uber and come by for breakfast but they were too tired. Then she wanted Matt to take part of the day off so we could go to a baseball game but Matt doesn't have any time off and she's all pissy (he has the rest of their visit off). Now she wants to come over hours after I suggested and completely ruin our quiet time. I'm going to go read the notes I took from boundaries.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

If every person in this thread were in ideal shape we would all have different weights and I would likely weigh at least 50 pounds more than at least one of you. There is no ideal weight for the typical human being and there is no ideal weight for the typical cat. You can't just call him a domestic longhair and say because of that he should weigh less than 15 pounds. That's ignorant.

Preach it, sister!!

• Like 1

Gug. We're having give someone an inch and they take a mile problems. She wants to have this big party with cake and presents and all this stuff that we don't eat. Normally, I would say let's do a gluten free pizza and a gluten-free cake but once I open that door it's going to be well, then let's eat this and this and you don't really care about your diet anyway and what's the difference between flour and potatoes...

So I gave her the option of either eating a whole 30 compliant dessert in place of a cake or having a gluten-free cake the very last day.

SHE'S NOT EVEN HERE YET!

This is why my hair is falling out. My hair fell out last time but I had forgotten. Matt remembered. That is not a sign of a healthy relationship. I don't think...

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that today I will get my step goal well before 11 pm.  I have been walking around the neighborhood at 11 pm for the last couple of nights.  I don't really like doing that but I am not going to ruin my step streak. 

#stubborn :)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Gug. We're having give someone an inch and they take a mile problems. She wants to have this big party with cake and presents and all this stuff that we don't eat. Normally, I would say let's do a gluten free pizza and a gluten-free cake but once I open that door it's going to be well, then let's eat this and this and you don't really care about your diet anyway and what's the difference between flour and potatoes...

So I gave her the option of either eating a whole 30 compliant dessert in place of a cake or having a gluten-free cake the very last day.

SHE'S NOT EVEN HERE YET!

This is why my hair is falling out. My hair fell out last time but I had forgotten. Matt remembered. That is not a sign of a healthy relationship. I don't think...

You need to figure out a way to lose pounds when you're stressed instead of losing hair.

(((Slache)))

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

You need to figure out a way to lose pounds when you're stressed instead of losing hair.

(((Slache)))

Yes! You underestimate my hair quantity. I'm totally okay with some hair loss!

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Slache.  No is a complete sentence.  But your options sound good.  Just keep repeating them.  And if you need back-up, you have my permission to call me and hand her the phone and I will ENB all over her. 

Matt has grown a lot these last few years and after watching me go completely gf to that celiac test a few months ago made a huge impact. I went from a woman who keeps a clean home, cooks, homeschools and works out to a woman who lies in bed crying all day from exhaustion and pain. He kept apologizing for not honoring my wishes in the past so I have lots of hope for him for this trip. It was just so hard when it was me against everyone and now it's us against her so it should be easier.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Still pitching like a crazy drunk writer. Have three likes, which are all from publishers. I'm kind of holding out for an agent to come and like me, but it's always a good thing to do publishing company research, too.

Is it possible to find out what agents those publishing companies use? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

You are all wrong about today.  

Actually, it's Ellie's BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Happy Nirthday to the Queen!!  ???

It’s Ellie’s Nirthday????

Holy Cow!! Rocco, fire up the Chopper!! Parrrr-tay at the ITT Island!!!

• Like 5

Brag alert:

12yo ds came in 2nd for freestyle, 2nd for backstroke, 1st for butterfly, 5th for breaststroke, and swam on a freestyle relay team that came in first (and was a second off the record for 13 and under boys) at our conference swim meet today.  He also received the runner up award for 11-12yo boy high point award across the whole conference.  

10yo dd also had a lovely day with medals in backstroke, butterfly, and two relay teams.  

One more state championship meet and then we have a break from swim before short course starts back up late August.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Again!?!  Really? Our church music director is out of town this weekend which means that once again, WE are scheduled to play with the substitute.  Arg!  And it's going to be dd15's first time playing for services and I am going to have to use great quantities of duct tape on my own self to keep from going all ENB on the poor guy when he tries to get us to start improvising orchestral arrangements on the fly at 7:30 IN THE MORNING!  Not. Going. To. Happen.  Dd15 will play the hymn as written thank you very much and we will all ignore your wannabe ethereal muzak silliness.

OK.  Rant over.  It will be perfectly fine, I'm sure.  Might not even be the regular substitute.

#crankyoldmusiciansunite

• Like 4

Congratulations to Lynn's Fisheys!  I admire competitive swimmers so much - that's a lot of very hard work!  ?

A Trophy Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

How are you holding up, Slachey?

She said (not asked) that she was moving in with us 2 months out of the year so not great.

She did not respect my children's physical boundaries (forced hugs and kisses) so I stepped in.

She brought gf cupcakes for Tuesday then told the kids she thought we should have them tonight. I gave in.

I took Zquil so I'll seep tonight! Matt's making me eggs. 

• Sad 5

Good morning!  It's Friday Eve!

Standfast, Slache.  Just a few more days.

Girls have a music lesson this afternoon - I need to tell their teacher (also the program director) that ds13 won't be taking lessons there this year.  It's a little awkward because he won a tuition scholarship.  Nevertheless...

We got an email for the upcoming orchestra season - they are holding auditions for concertmaster which I think means the former concertmaster must not be returning.  Or has been demoted?  Awkward.

I need to stop by the church to pick up music and will probably have to stand awkwardly outside the door while they figure out how to unlock the door with their new security system.

Awkward is my theme for the day.

Coffee!

• Like 7

Good morning. Pitching again today, and my arm hurts. Poor baby, I know, but it cements my feeling that I really, really, really need a new laptop before I start blogging, keeping up a website and so forth. Doing everything on a tiny screen with a touch pad would probably land me in shoulder surgery.

I ended up with four publishing requests from yesterday's event. That's really good. Also woke up this morning to a published author with an agent bragging on one of my tweets from yesterday, which was a nice boost. Good to know I'm doing something right once in a while, you know?

Time to get second caffeine and get this day moving. I have pitches to write (post), a house to clean, writing to do, revision to work on, and small presses that I need to research before I prepare submission documents. Not enough time in the day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!

I was beating myself up for oversleeping (I didn't get to sleep until well after 3), but then I thought about it.

It doesn't really matter.  I didn't have to be anywhere and there was really nothing I had to do.  I didn't miss anything.

So I stopped worrying about it.  Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. Pitching again today, and my arm hurts. Poor baby, I know, but it cements my feeling that I really, really, really need a new laptop before I start blogging, keeping up a website and so forth. Doing everything on a tiny screen with a touch pad would probably land me in shoulder surgery.

I ended up with four publishing requests from yesterday's event. That's really good. Also woke up this morning to a published author with an agent bragging on one of my tweets from yesterday, which was a nice boost. Good to know I'm doing something right once in a while, you know?

Time to get second caffeine and get this day moving. I have pitches to write (post), a house to clean, writing to do, revision to work on, and small presses that I need to research before I prepare submission documents. Not enough time in the day!

Hooray!!!  ? Does this mean we start packing for ITT Island?  ?️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

It’s supposed to cool off today. 106 degrees instead of 108. I think I may have to put on a sweater!!???

Yay, Critter, for the good news.

Junie, i’m Glad you thought things through. I’m also a Beat-myself-Upper, and we can definitely be our own worst enemy.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Slache said:

She said (not asked) that she was moving in with us 2 months out of the year so not great.

She did not respect my children's physical boundaries (forced hugs and kisses) so I stepped in.

She brought gf cupcakes for Tuesday then told the kids she thought we should have them tonight. I gave in.

I took Zquil so I'll seep tonight! Matt's making me eggs. 

You can handle her! I have so much sympathy, but pretty soon they will go home and it will all be better. Nod and smile for everything you can possibly ignore. 

FWIW, I've resigned myself to having MIL eventually live with us. DH and I have been married for over 20yrs and in the first half I'd rather die than let her live with us because visits were so hard. With time, however, we've both mellowed, I've become stronger, more tolerant, and more skilled at handling issues, so I think it will be ok. If we move again, I'll be looking for somewhere that has a good MIL suite or the ability to put a granny pod in the backyard. 

• Like 3