Menu

Ignore this thread!

Alex LOVED the ocean. We couldn't get him out of it. I think he was intentionally trying to drown. 

FIL accidentally ate a cap or crown or something and MIL bought me a sweat shirt. FIL is a total thing. I don't know if I've made that clear because he's outshined by MIL, but he's basically a giant, gray Alex, always in trouble. When I met him he picked me up from the airport and he robbed a construction site on the way home.

Everyone but me* got McDonald's for dinner and Alex ate about 1/3 of his juice box before I realized what he was doing.

*MIL bought dinner because we were out late and the only options for me were millions of dollars so I said I'd eat when I got home. This was a case of my dinning ignorance, not MIL snootiness.

8 days of meeting my step goal.

37546773_10212620364166522_3231030912401539072_o.jpg

20180720_155951.jpg

• Like 8

Ireland update:

• She has a flesh eating fungus and is on antifungals.
  • They are giving her until Monday or Tuesday to decide about her shoulders.
  • Mom got to go in and read to her today.

The story has gone a little viral. The last video which was uploaded 7 hours ago has nearly 5,000 shares. I'm hoping they're making a ton of money on the situation so she can have the best therapy when all of this is over. I know how insurance likes to do the bare minimum.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Pyle

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Depending on your criteria. 

We own a Green that we've never read, but I was thinking of having ds13 read the Pyle.

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Go seep!

Good morning!  It's Saturday!  

The kids are getting their own breakfasts.  I can hear that ds13 is having leftover ravioli and dd15 is frying up some leftover potatoes and "getting fancy with the spices".  Bonus points if you know what movie that line comes from.

Slache, you've survived two nights - keep up the good work!  Your photos are beautiful.

Jean, how do you get two short lines of text to be single spaced on your posts?

Goals for today - finish up literature; write/buy/print literature studies and get them in the binder.  Group practice with the kids for music for   Grandpa's birthday party.  Put away old binder stuff.  Start mint extract.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!!

I slept in, but had horrible dreams. I dreamed someone was chasing me and I got in a house, but I looked out the window and my Baby was playing outside and they were going to get her and I was yelling and yelling, trying to get her attention, but not a sound came out of my mouth. And then DH woke me up.

I really need to go outside and pick some tomatoes and pull some weeks before it gets too hot and the air quality gets too horrible, but I am still trying to recover from sleeping.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  I slept.  I got up before anyone else and had some nice, quiet time.  Now ds11 is up and some mermaid show has appeared on the tv and ended the silence.

My kids have been watching this mermaid show on Netflix. They all have Australian accents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We own a Green that we've never read, but I was thinking of having ds13 read the Pyle.

Jean, how do you get two short lines of text to be single spaced on your posts?

No idea. But some of my posts- especially the step goal ones- were typed and sent in texts and then copied onto this forum. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tsuga said:

Ugh that show...

Edit: It's a "why did I ever let my kids know the Netflix password" Booyah.

DH actually likes it. He sits and watches it with the kids. I told him it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to tell anyone.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had forgotten that MIL likes to eat out as a method of not insulting my cooking (she's very sneaky). Not a huge issue before I went gf but now she's spending $15 on the family and then an additional $9 on just me. Matt's stopping at the store so we have burgers at home for me. I appreciate that she's making sure I'm taken care of but she clearly didn't expect it to cost so dang much. We don't eat out so I didn't either.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I had forgotten that MIL likes to eat out as a method of not insulting my cooking (she's very sneaky). Not a huge issue before I went gf but now she's spending $15 on the family and then an additional $9 on just me. Matt's stopping at the store so we have burgers at home for me. I appreciate that she's making sure I'm taken care of but she clearly didn't expect it to cost so dang much. We don't eat out so I didn't either.

Her choice. She is welcome to eat your cooking. 

• Like 6

The goat has been banished.

I'm so close to done with literature!  So so close!  Why has no one written a free literature guide to John Donne's Holy Sonnet 14 suitable for 4th- 8th graders?  Fine I will make it myself.  

We finished our read-aloud tonight - The Grey King (Susan Cooper).  Dd9 dozed off for the last couple pages and then sobbed the rest of the evening over it.  I keep forgetting to write inscriptions in books.  Have to get it done by Monday because dd19 is coming home!  :smile:   I didn't get the mint extract started.  Hopefully tomorrow.

I am playing for both services tomorrow, so it will be a long morning.  Will definitely need a nap later.  Goodnight!

• Like 6

Gud mrng. Must needs caffeine to survive. Very tired, but I need to get the grocery list done, and find out where the funk in the refrigerator is lurking and so vanquish it. Also need to vanquish Chapter 3 edits, critique a chapter for a friend, do my work for the class where I'm a week behind and one internet short of being able to keep up with, and basically survive. Wish me luck!

ETA: Also decide if I'm doing school this week (I think not), plan what I need to eat at work later this week, decide whether it would be a good week to write and finish my Camp project, and clean house when I'm not writing, and tweak query letters, chapters, and try to get everything perfect for a flush of querying to start up again in August. Plus school planning for fall. Plus it's my actual birthday, although I will probably plan my own little celebration for Oct 22, because I want to do outdoor stuff on a lake or river somewhere, and it's way too hot to enjoy outside in July.

• Like 6