Menu

Ignore this thread!

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ireland updates:

• Her organs are destended, not descended. They're video updates by mom and she cries so I don't always get everything.
  • Her hands aren't salvageable.
  • Other bad things.

Oh, Slache. That is so horrible. 

• Like 1

I just posted this in a a fitness accountability group on FB:

Nothing real last week or this upcoming week due to inlawness. I have been doing particular things that I don't often do like climb to the top of the Astoria Column and run back and forth from the ocean to where (disabled) FIL sits on the benches and I am amazed at the difference I feel leading a gluten free lifestyle. Looking back it was like trying to do everything with a terrible flu. It's incredible how much more energy I have now. Don't get me wrong, I'm still Mommy tired, but I haven't cried from exhaustion since I intentionally ate gluten for my celiac test.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We've been busy weekending.  

I've come to the conclusion that the 9' diameter azalea and rhododendron bushes are just planted too close to the house (18" out) and that I can't save them.  They are flowering at the tips of 8' long branches, which makes trimming impossible.  I'm going to enjoy them this summer, and then dig them out and begin again.  I'm super bummed. I'm really frustrated that all of the landscaping at this house was managed incorrectly.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Gud mrng. Must needs caffeine to survive. Very tired, but I need to get the grocery list done, and find out where the funk in the refrigerator is lurking and so vanquish it. Also need to vanquish Chapter 3 edits, critique a chapter for a friend, do my work for the class where I'm a week behind and one internet short of being able to keep up with, and basically survive. Wish me luck!

ETA: Also decide if I'm doing school this week (I think not), plan what I need to eat at work later this week, decide whether it would be a good week to write and finish my Camp project, and clean house when I'm not writing, and tweak query letters, chapters, and try to get everything perfect for a flush of querying to start up again in August. Plus school planning for fall. Plus it's my actual birthday, although I will probably plan my own little celebration for Oct 22, because I want to do outdoor stuff on a lake or river somewhere, and it's way too hot to enjoy outside in July.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! 

It's a birthday booyah!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I think I'm ready to try and fail at bullet journaling again.

I tried this year and didn’t fail!! Because I made up my own way to do it. I started in January and it’s a little different than it was, but it’s really quite good now. I will try to take a picture and see if I can show you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, let’s see if this works....

71650E57-2235-4A20-8CEE-4230FD9A1259.jpeg

I decided to make up my own rules, so it’s kind of a to-do list/diary/weather almanac. I even print up pictures and glue those in, too. 

Yes, it has to be customized or it fails, in my experience.

Fabulous spread!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I think I'm ready to try and fail at bullet journaling again.

I love failing at bullet journalling.  The pretty journals of dot paper, all the pen colors, designing fancy headers and color coding things.

If only I could remember to write in the darned thing everyday, it would be the perfect system.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I never used a sleep mask until last year.  Because I my migraines I am very light sensitive.  Even the little light on the smoke alarm was enough to make my head pound.   

I'm sensitive to sounds, too, but I'm afraid to sleep with earplugs in.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ewwww!!

I told you not to read it!

38 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I love failing at bullet journalling.  The pretty journals of dot paper, all the pen colors, designing fancy headers and color coding things.

If only I could remember to write in the darned thing everyday, it would be the perfect system.

Mine aren't pretty. I love the collection idea. All of my lists in one place. I have this.

36 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I’ve been parenting too long.  All the parenting books sound idiotic and unrealistic, and my brain is such mush by bedtime I can’t remember how I trained previous children to listen at all.

And the homeschool books.

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh poor little guy!  Bandaid makes the booboo better!

I have 2.5 liters of vodka on my counter.  C'mon over.  :biggrin:

ON MY WAY!

I don't do toenails well.

• Like 4

Good Monday morning!  Looking forward to a semi-normal, not too much on the calendar week.  (well, that would probably be abnormal, but you know what I mean.)  Except A/c guys are back today with a part they had to order (thankfully, everything was functional while waiting on it.....).  And we probably need food.....  ?

Coffee first! 

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!???

Hot!!!????????????. I think that every single day in July has been over 100 degrees. And it will continue in like fashion.

DH starts his new job today. I hope he he likes it better than his old one. He should. This one is more doing what he likes to do, which is design.

• Like 6

Good Morning.

It's Monday.

I didn't get to sleep until about  4:30 and then I woke up at 6ish to the sound of torrential rain.

I was able to get back to sleep and slept until 9.

The little girls are currently cleaning out our VHS collection.  :)

I have a bunch of things that need to go out in the mail today.

Dd15 is at camp again this week.  

And our dishwasher is acting up again.

It might be a long week...

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

A/C guys have come and gone.  D/w has been unloaded, reloaded and is running.  Laundry has been re-booted.  Dogs and cat have been fed.  Goat has been banned. I have more to-do, but don't wanna.  But then when I'm not doing stuff, I'm bored.  Vicious cycle.  

Lynn, even when I'm doing stuff like unloading the dishwasher I'm bored. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We went to an exhibit about home designs of the future. I want a future house! I need to Konmari my house, get lots of money, and install future tech everywhere. I want the cool kitchen storage, the modular rooms, and the universal design/accessibility features. A lot of the features were like those you'd see in tiny houses, but on a little bit larger scale. DD said, "I love the future." 

Speaking of money....we're seeing the bills for our flooding and not even counting personal property we're going over $20000 already. For maybe 2inches of water. Thank goodness the insurance is covering it. I don't know how people recover without insurance. 

• Like 7