Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yay for company leaving!  Yay for Dick Van Dyke!  Yay for childhood friends and friends who make reservations!  Boo for crafts that don't work! 

I'm still not caught up on my to-do list.

World of Dance comes on again tonight (svengo), but at least not as late as last night.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Junie said:

:eyeroll:

The snarky part of me wants to tell him to not be a big baby and take care of it himself.

I was thinking the same thing!!

5 hours ago, Slache said:

Day 13 steps.

We seem to have narrowed it down to Michigan and Texas which I imagine sounds strange but they both have everything we want.

I liked the Huntsville, AL suggestion.  

2 hours ago, IsabelC said:

Hi, nice to see a few familiar faces after not being here for a while... lots of pages to catch up on though!

Hi Isabel!  Nice to see you!!  How are you?  (insert waving emo)

• Like 1

Michigan is cold. It's really, really, really cold. I like it in the summer, though. My dad took me once in the summer and all these people were swimming in whatever lake we were on and I was wearing long pants, and a jacket because I was freezing. 

If I don't drive, it costs DH about $80. For reasons, I don't know...I guess he'd have to Uber because there's no direct public transportation to where he's going or maybe he's exaggerating. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Paige said:

Michigan is cold. It's really, really, really cold. I like it in the summer, though. My dad took me once in the summer and all these people were swimming in whatever lake we were on and I was wearing long pants, and a jacket because I was freezing. 

If I don't drive, it costs DH about $80. For reasons, I don't know...I guess he'd have to Uber because there's no direct public transportation to where he's going or maybe he's exaggerating. 

Sigh.  I would drive in The Big City to save $80 but I might by myself a reward for doing it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Junie said:

Sigh.  I would drive in The Big City to save $80 but I might by myself a reward for doing it.

How about I pay you $80 to do it! 

I can do it but I won't like it. It took me years to be able to drive in Atlanta without feeling like I was going to die and this city is even worse and after living here almost 3 years I've done it a total of 0 times. Funny thing, when I was young and dumb I drove straight through Chicago without caring one bit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

Hot!!!!????????????????

If it’s 100+ degrees today and tomorrow we will have broken the record for most consecutive days over 100 degrees, I think the record is 21 or 22 days. Yay us. It’s supposed to be 108 both today and tomorrow and as far as the eye can see on the weather forecast, so I think it’ll all work out. I want to move to Michigan. Actually, a three hour drive from here to the coast gets us into the 70’s but...a) my car needs new tires, so i’m Not really up for a road trip and b) I don’t like being the only adult on a road trip and there’s not enough extra room in my car to take anyone else.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

So, I was playing fetch with the pup (1 yr old) when I noticed birds going crazy and looked down from the tree to the dog and realized what he had in his mouth was not the tennis ball.  So I tried throwing his other toy to distract him to no avail.  <insert emotional story of dog dropping bird, bird crying, dog playing with bird, me yelling for dog, etc.>  Finally I just got their treats and put them back in their run.  When I went left the yard, birdie was trying to do the "fake death" trick to get me to leave it alone, but it was still breathing.  A true homeschooler would have gotten all the kids, put the birdie in a properly cushioned box and run to the store for berries, or some such.  But I gave up my true homeschooler card a long time ago.  I am going to let nature sort out its destiny - I just don't want my 100 lb lab playing a role while I watch.  ?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Not an excuse.

Well, maybe not an excuse, especially if her editor beat her up over it.

I think she means that editors will have so many revision suggestions that it's not worth worrying about commas until the end when the words and sentences are closer to final form.  So, it's more efficient than artistic.  (Critter, correct me if I'm wrong.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So, I was playing fetch with the pup (1 yr old) when I noticed birds going crazy and looked down from the tree to the dog and realized what he had in his mouth was not the tennis ball.  So I tried throwing his other toy to distract him to no avail.  <insert emotional story of dog dropping bird, bird crying, dog playing with bird, me yelling for dog, etc.>  Finally I just got their treats and put them back in their run.  When I went left the yard, birdie was trying to do the "fake death" trick to get me to leave it alone, but it was still breathing.  A true homeschooler would have gotten all the kids, put the birdie in a properly cushioned box and run to the store for berries, or some such.  But I gave up my true homeschooler card a long time ago.  I am going to let nature sort out its destiny - I just don't want my 100 lb lab playing a role while I watch.  ?

Oh my goodness, Lynn, I would have been freaking out. We had to let nature sort out its destiny yesterday with a grumpy old cat and a lizard. I hate it when the catch lizards. Mice and June Bugs are fine, but not lizards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paige said:

How about I pay you $80 to do it! 

I can do it but I won't like it. It took me years to be able to drive in Atlanta without feeling like I was going to die and this city is even worse and after living here almost 3 years I've done it a total of 0 times. Funny thing, when I was young and dumb I drove straight through Chicago without caring one bit. 

Um, no.  :)

Actually, I don't really mind driving.  It's parking that's the problem.

And I don't like driving in cities if I have kids in the car.  I can't concentrate as well if there's a lot of noise.

• Like 2

Good morning! Both kids are off on sleepovers, always nice when that happens. Nice downbeat evening watching Game of Thrones, an episode where a wicked character received a "punishment fits the crime" sort of comeuppance--I felt sorry for the character, especially because it was the sort of punishment that would definitely lead to the character doubling-down on evil in the future--but DH had zero pity, and we got into a good discussion about the goals of punishment in a just society. Wish we could have more discussions like that! (The reason that they don't happen more often is because early in our relationship I had a tendency to escalate any philosophical disagreement into a fight, and our therapist told us to stop talking philosophy and hypotheticals ?)

Had a weird premonitory-feeling dream that DS got a girlfriend and kept it secret from us for months. Contemplating a phone-spying session next time he's playing outside.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Junie said:

Um, no.  ?

Actually, I don't really mind driving.  It's parking that's the problem.

And I don't like driving in cities if I have kids in the car.  I can't concentrate as well if there's a lot of noise.

My kids aren't allowed to make noise in the car.  ?  Actually, I don't think my kids are allowed to make noise at all.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning. I slept in until 7. It's just me and the kids. I work today so I'm not walking them. I might dance. Or strength train. I'll probably just do house work. 

3 hours ago, Paige said:

This is what I keep saying!

34 minutes ago, Junie said:

Oh, and about driving:

I never use a GPS and I never, ever use cruise control.

Me neither.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning. 

Dd is wateringf a neighbor’s plants while they are gone. She went over last night to do it and came face to face with a raccoon family. Daddy raccoon placed himself between her and his family and growled if she tried to come closer. This meant that she couldn’t get to the hose. I told her to come home when she texted me about it. I don’t think she would win a fight with a daddy raccoon. Later we both went over to the neighbor’s and the raccoon family had moved on. 

I see a lot of raccoons in our suburban neighborhood while I am on my walks. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

Dd is wateringf a neighbor’s plants while they are gone. She went over last night to do it and came face to face with a raccoon family. Daddy raccoon placed himself between her and his family and growled if she tried to come closer. This meant that she couldn’t get to the hose. I told her to come home when she texted me about it. I don’t think she would win a fight with a daddy raccoon. Later we both went over to the neighbor’s and the raccoon family had moved on. 

I really wish the confused smiley was a svengo smiley!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

I really wish the confused smiley was a svengo smiley!  

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I hate driving in the Big City. The Big City I generally go to is bad, but not as bad as LA. Last fall our homeschool group went to the Reagan Library in Simi Valley and we drove with a friend of mine in her Taho. Then, she gets a migraine and asks if I can drive the rest of the way there. I swear, I about had a stroke. Driving a car that I am not familiar with (I have a Sienna) in LA. And then I had to drive home. It was awful.

There's a song for that, but I can't convey the tune on here:

I

Hate

Driving in traffic

In an unfamiliar car in the dark.

I

Hate

Driving in traffic

On an unfamiliar road in the dark.

(repeats all the way through the city)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

We have all kinds of raccoons in our yard at night. Our stupid cat actually chased one off the other night. At least she thought she did. I think the real reason the raccoon left was that DH and I were standing there yelling at it. The thing was like 3 times or more the size of our cat and she was chasing him around the yard.

• Like 2

Good morning!  Stupid internet went out, I'm so tired of our internet.  Nothing much today, need to get gas and food for remainder of week,got laundry done and boys got their chores done.  My mom had to go to ER again last night, I'm thankful it was only an upset stomach or so they said, the meds they gave her are not working as usual.  I'm frustrated and she's frustrated, we're all anxious because she's constantly sick and losing weight and she's had every test known to man run on her and they can't find anything.  I'm hoping they get it sorted out soon because her quality of life is not very good right now and I'd love for her to get to have some enjoyment.

an I'm worried about my mom booya/h

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  Stupid internet went out, I'm so tired of our internet.  Nothing much today, need to get gas and food for remainder of week,got laundry done and boys got their chores done.  My mom had to go to ER again last night, I'm thankful it was only an upset stomach or so they said, the meds they gave her are not working as usual.  I'm frustrated and she's frustrated, we're all anxious because she's constantly sick and losing weight and she's had every test known to man run on her and they can't find anything.  I'm hoping they get it sorted out soon because her quality of life is not very good right now and I'd love for her to get to have some enjoyment.

an I'm worried about my mom booya/h

I’m sorry, Mama25angels  (do we have a nickname for you?? ). I hope they can find some answers for her.

• Like 3