Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Krissi)))

I ketchupped. 

We are at the home of my birth. It’s cold - it was 67 degrees when we got here!  We took the kids to a skate park. There were 3yos doing stunt skateboarding. ?

My family is nice. They stay up late - we were making breakfast casserole at 11:00pm. Time for sleeping now. 

Nighty night!

• Like 7

Our dog is crazy most of the time because our new neighbors have four little dogs who yap a lot. We are at wits end trying to stop him barking every time they are outside.

Yay for Camp NaNo goal in sight, that is awesome!

I thought an apricot was techically a type of plum, so plumcot sounds a weird thing.

Thinking of getting a math tutor for Mr. 15 as we keep finding things in his book that I either forgot or never learned in the first place. Naturally my teen says this is a terrible idea, and he should quit math instead.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

I shouldn’t be awake yet. Nevertheless. 

Hi Isabel!  I’m with your son. Quit now while you’re ahead. ?

Yay for final swim!

The battery light in the van started blinking on yesterday, so dh has to find a nearby Auto Zone.  Hopefully it’s not the alternator. But it does mean that we can’t all go anywhere until that’s taken care of - not enough car space for 14 people (our family + sister’s family + grandma and grandpa).

Coffee!

• Like 3

My house is unsafe for Baby. He lives in the Funzone, aka baby cage/superyard, or in someone's arms, or sometimes DH lets him roam following close behind, but all our baby proofing efforts are futile. We have too many people who leave stuff out because we've gotten lazy, our house's open floorplan is not compatible with baby gates, and we have too much stuff. I've tried baby proofing but some things can't be fixed, like our stairway and fireplace, and others are a constant battle, like kids putting cups on tables. Putting cups on tables is not unreasonable, but now he's big enough to reach them and if you aren't there he'll pull it down. He's mostly happy in the Funzone for now, but I know that with his new walking abilities, he's going to feel cooped up.

When DS was a baby, we went very minimalistic so the house was safe for him and kept it up through the other kids' babyhoods. I'm thinking we need to do a massive decluttering, Konmari, purge, etc of our house and stuff so Baby can live free. We've gotten too sloppy and relaxed. What's your favorite inspiring home organization book or plan? I need something that will motivate DH and the kids in snippets and summaries because they will not read. 

How do you put gates on open stairways with wiggle through gaps? 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Hot!!!???????????????. Yesterday we tied the record for lost consecutive days over 100degrees. 21 days. Today it’s supposed to be 108, so I supposed we’ll break the record now.

Nothing going on today except staying indoors. Tonight we’ll see a movie at church. Every summer they set up a huge movie screen out on the green and families can bring lawn chairs and blankets and they sell cheap popcorn and we’ll see a kids movie. This year it’s The Incredibles. It’s an outreach/neighborly good will sort of thing.

I’m with Angi, we call them pluots. Yummy.

• Like 2

Do you ever look at the title of a thread and think it’s going to be about something and get an answer in your head and then you open the thread and find out it’s not about that at all, but you still want to post the answer that was in your head, just to be a smart alek, but realize it’s not ITT, so you probably shouldn’t?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Morning all! I have been sleeping poorly/not enough/something so I've been Mrs. EgaoZombie all week. Yesterday I had some coffee but it didn't wind up helping much. Kiddos are doing final packing for youth group camping trip, and I'll be taking them to the dropoff point in a couple hours. Then it's Japanese class, visit friend, Japanese class.

I cooked an enormous amount of food yesterday... and all 3 other family members didn't feel like eating, including abovementioned DS, who ate a big plateful so as not to hurt my feelings, and then got a stomachache. Welp, DH and I will be eating leftover baked potatoes with taco beef and a side of zucchini and summer squash all weekend long.

DH's secret recipe for delicious zucchini and summer squash: melt a gob of butter in large frypan (that has a well-fitting lid) over medium. When it's all melted, throw in a red onion sliced thin. Saute for a couple minutes until it looks right. (This kind of cooking annoys me, but he's really good at it.) Then add one zucchini and one summer squash sliced according to this method: cut the squash in half lengthwise, then slice it very thin crosswise, not more than 1/8 inch. The size of the slices is essential. Add half the slices to the pan, then add 3 smaller gobs of butter distributed evenly over the vegetables, then the other half of the slices, and one more gob of butter on top. Pop on the cover. Stir it up every 5 minutes or so. Take off heat and serve immediately when it looks right. (The slices should be tender but not mushy, just beginning to turn translucent and floppy.) Let everybody do their own salt and pepper. YUM.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Do you ever look at the title of a thread and think it’s going to be about something and get an answer in your head and then you open the thread and find out it’s not about that at all, but you still want to post the answer that was in your head, just to be a smart alek, but realize it’s not ITT, so you probably shouldn’t?

That’s why there is the Forum Game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ellie said:

It has been an hour since anyone posted. People are not taking this thread seriously. ?

I’m eating breakfast. And helping with math. Previously, the kids ate breakfast and we did devotions. Studying the book of John this summer. Today we read about Mary anointing Jesus’ feet with pure nard. I love that story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I don't know whether to hug you or beat you. ???

I have not wanted to go to any other place mentioned. I've dreaded it. I understand that we can't stay here BUT I DID NOT WANT TO MOVE BACK!  When we put our move back to the Midwest off by one year the amount of stress relief that I obviously felt was insane. I am so relieved. I hated the Midwest and more specifically Midwesterners did not like me. I had no friends for years. Zero friends. And my MIL. And no ocean. I gained 150 pounds in 5 years of depression. I do. not. want. to. go. back. Matt promised he wouldn't make me go back and then when his dad his strokes he changed his mind. It has been a huge point of contention in our marriage. It is still a 15-hour drive but he can make it if there's another emergency. Flights are insanely cheap so everyone can visit more.

• Like 4