Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, Ellie said:

Not an excuse.

Well, maybe not an excuse, especially if her editor beat her up over it.

Not the editor--actually both editors said my MS was about the cleanest thing they had ever seen. Fellow writer. It's okay--she was reading a new draft of something that didn't work well, and I've already rewritten it. 

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I think she means that editors will have so many revision suggestions that it's not worth worrying about commas until the end when the words and sentences are closer to final form.  So, it's more efficient than artistic.  (Critter, correct me if I'm wrong.)

That's it. 

• Like 1

I don't have boxes coming either. Maybe in August. Right now I just need to see what I've got and make it work. 

I am back from art. Painted a cheerful sunflower today, but it's all yellow right now, and I will layer and glaze more colors on as it progresses. Patience. I'm so tired I want to go back to bed, but I have a little too much work today to nap. Plus the nap would ruin my bedtime, and I've got an early start tomorrow and a long day.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Okay, that is also bad.

I know! Pobreme!

2 minutes ago, Paige said:

Eat the cake Krissi. I've heard calories don't count if you cooked it yourself because you expended calories to make it, or something like that.

This must be why I'm so fat!

• Like 1

I hope Dh can drive us all to the city to get the car. Maybe I'll let him sell my car and he can just drive it in and use it as a trade in. He's been wanting to sell my car anyway because it's on its last legs...that is a brilliant idea. I've been stalling on getting myself a new car because I feel badly for putting the poor van off to the lot. It's like taking an animal to the pound- will they squish him because he's old?? And I don't like paying more for things I already have, but I'd almost rather buy a new car than drive in the city. 

• Like 6

Not at all in the mood to teach this Japanese lesson that's starting in the next 5 minutes. The student is... disagreeable a lot of the time, gets very defensive and tries to blame me for being unclear about the instructions when she hasn't done her homework, and generally makes the hour per day an unpleasant one. Ah well. I got a self-help email in my inbox today that informed me that if I just change the words "have to" to "get to" it will totally change my attitude. I "get to" teach this disagreeable person Japanese ? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

Not at all in the mood to teach this Japanese lesson that's starting in the next 5 minutes. The student is... disagreeable a lot of the time, gets very defensive and tries to blame me for being unclear about the instructions when she hasn't done her homework, and generally makes the hour per day an unpleasant one. Ah well. I got a self-help email in my inbox today that informed me that if I just change the words "have to" to "get to" it will totally change my attitude. I "get to" teach this disagreeable person Japanese ? 

That is a pretty cool idea!  I hope she's better today so that you won't "get to" smack her during the lesson, only in your head of course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Paige said:

Eat the cake Krissi. I've heard calories don't count if you cooked it yourself because you expended calories to make it, or something like that.

Yeah, that’s it. And since there are Blueberries in the cake and blueberries have antioxidants, which are very good for you, it cross cancels out the sugar calories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Waiting for boxes to come is the worst

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't have boxes coming. :sad:

32 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Okay, that is also bad.

17 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Yes it is, so is waiting for money.

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That's worse.

Yes.

i have boxes coming!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sigh!!!!!

Warning! Edpo! 

Double warning!!! Rambling Whiny EdPo!!!

I am just...… blah! We're doing this Enrichment Academy thing with our new Charter School and it's Wednesday mornings.  But I'm trying to figure out when we'll get everything done. And it's not working. I don't even know what they'll be doing at the Enrichment Academy. It just sounded like a good idea and I would like DS2 to be able to get used to being in a classroom situation in case he goes to Christian HS next year. But I don't even know if he'll be going. He struggles so much and he's so behind. But.... around here, there's nothing for homeschooled high-schoolers. They all go to the Christian HS. Sometimes, I really just want to move to the Big City. They have a lot of things for homeschooled high schoolers there and we'd be closer to DH's new job. But, we are finally getting settled into our Church here and our kids would not do well if we changed churches. It took them so long to get adjusted to where we are now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We have all kinds of raccoons in our yard at night. Our stupid cat actually chased one off the other night. At least she thought she did. I think the real reason the raccoon left was that DH and I were standing there yelling at it. The thing was like 3 times or more the size of our cat and she was chasing him around the yard.

Your cat sounds brave!

Are racoons a major pest? I have never seen one of course, but they look sort of cute!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IsabelC said:

Your cat sounds brave!

Are racoons a major pest? I have never seen one of course, but they look sort of cute!

They are mean and nasty creatures. We live about 1/4 mike from the river, so they live down there and come into the neighborhood at night looking for an easy meal, i.e. cat food. And fruit. They eat our grapes.

and this is a Pesky Raccoon Booya/h.

• Like 3