Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning. I don't wanna do things.

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

But bad things happen in TN!  Dd9 has TWO giant blisters on her foot!  Wasps.  Allergies. My fitbit battery is low!  There's a crack in the sidewalk.  Some kids didn't put their scooters away.  There's a dead squirrel on the road.  The hummingbird didn't come back when I was looking.  The porch railings need to be replaced.  Japanese beetles.  That kid quit choir.  The banana turned brown.  Dd15's violin string broke.  The Bell Witch.  Overdue book fines at the library!  

John will be excited that you have Japanese things.

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I've been saying that all along.

I'm pushing for this. It's one of 3 states that meet all our needs.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm hoping to get some steps during the kids' swim practice.  Yay.  

You just chill.

• Like 3

We are not going to take MIL into consideration when it comes to moving aside from being too far to drop by, so at least a few hours away. Matt is going to have a heartbreaking conversation with her explaining to her that 1. She can't babysit, 2. She can't spend summers with us, and 3. They can't move in with us just because it will benefit them financially.

The thing is that he's explained all of these before. He explains, she argues, she brings it up for months crying, she drops it, then she starts talking about it all again as if it's going to happen. I don't understand it. I think she thinks we'll give up.

I know she no longer babysits any of the other kids and she's incredibly crushed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Good morning... tried 2 cups of chai today, gave up, drinking coffee. The weekend was rough. We're pretty sure hubby broke a rib fooling around outside with the kids. He was in a lot of pain struggling to breathe but refused to go to the ER because we've had very bad experiences there before. Yesterday he finally went to his physician and came home swearing he'd never see any doctor ever again. The doctor apparently told him that there's nothing they can do--won't prescribe pain meds, told him neither ice nor heat would help at all, said that even over-the-counter pain meds won't help, sent him for an x-ray while telling him that no matter what the x-ray tells us they won't do anything, didn't even listen to hubby's heart and lungs, and when he got to the radiology department they told him the radiologist won't be around to read the x-ray for another 4 days. I have injury/illness anxiety that makes me a terribly light sleeper when I'm in the vicinity of an ill or injured person. I slept on the couch all weekend because the first night I woke up every time he moved, because he was groaning in pain. So... bad start to the week.

Goals for today: science lesson, get DS to games group somehow without car, teach 3 Japanese lessons in a row, figure out something for dinner, collapse in heap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Hey, LB got a Booya/h!!! Sorry about having to have younger sib there, too!!

?

The Apple Store has let her join in the class, so they are somewhat redeemed.  

(I’ve honestly never seen an event for kids this age require a parent present before.)

• Like 2

I went thrift store shopping last night in the nice part of town and actually had good luck.  Dd got a fleece sweater in the exact color and size that she had wanted me to buy new, and we picked up 7 pairs of jeans (5 for one kid, 2 for another), a rain jacket for ds, and some other stuff that was all on the "need" list for fall. I asked the clerk about other good thrift stores in the area, and there's one in a nearby town I'm going to check out sometime soon.  Apparently the best stores are where most of the donations stay in house, rather than being sent to a central warehouse and redistributed.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Aaaaacccccckkkkk! We need both Willy-billy silly-billy willy-nilly (#$&%@ autocorrect) guy and svengo Guy for living in Tennessee.

I love TN, truly, but Slachey's MIL needs to be discouraged from ever setting foot in the state!  :biggrin:

What’s a Bell Witch???

I need a second cup of COFFEE!!L~D

I'll join you!  (Are you on your third cup already?)

• Like 4

Yay for Tuesday!

1.  I went to AFSA and there was NO LINE!

2.  Remember when I got nail polish on my bathroom rug?  It came out after a long soaking in Oxyclean.

3.  The girls took all the leaves off the harvested mint, so now I just have to stuff them in jars and add vodka.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay for Tuesday!

1.  I went to AFSA and there was NO LINE!

2.  Remember when I got nail polish on my bathroom rug?  It came out after a long soaking in Oxyclean.

3.  The girls took all the leaves off the harvested mint, so now I just have to stuff them in jars and add vodka.

1.  No line at The Afsa?? (Insert svengo Guy)

2.  Oxyclean is awesome!!

3. Can I get in on some of that??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I love TN, truly, but Slachey's MIL needs to be discouraged from ever setting foot in the state!  :biggrin:

I'll join you!  (Are you on your third cup already?)

Third cup will have to wait until after lunch unless I want to have some kind of out of body experience.???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I have to do the things.

I don't want to do the things.

so there's that.

We have a song for that.  Plus an addendum:

If you didn't do the thing, then do the thing.
If you didn't do the thing, then do the thing.
If you didn't do the thing, friend, you've got to do the thing:
If you didn't do the thing, then do the thing!
Whitehawk, 2/2018

Do I really have to do the thing today?
Do I really have to do the thing TODAY?
I've been running 'round today
doing lots of other things!
Do I really have to do that #$Q$%^*$^%&#%$%@ thing today?
AMJ, 2/2018

• Like 7

So, I took the kids to see Hotel Transylvania 3. Sigh. I wasn’t expecting much, and I must say, that’s what I got. Not much. Not funny, lame plot and.... The Macarena is the song that was finally able to destroy the forces of evil.  So, there you have it.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ikslo said:

Edpo

We started school yesterday. 

It went well.  There were no tears.  He still sucks at spelling.  We discovered saturnine is a perfect description for him at times.  Most of the time. 

/Edpo

Yay!! I think you get the prize for the earliest start.

• Like 4

Got stood up by one set of students, and the other had technical difficulties and couldn't log into the online classroom, so my evening opened up a bit. Had a good time teaching DS how to use the bus system so starting next week he'll get himself to game group. Yay for growing up!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning, games were cancelled yesterday due to the heat, they're trying again today but much later than usual.  To all the ladies who are planning and reading and just doing interesting stuff in general, please help me!  I'd wanted to start school on the first but I think I'm going to have to push it back a week because I'm just not ready.  I don't know what the problem is, usually by this time I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and can motivate myself, not this year.

I'm not ready either, and I need to be. I just don't motivate well in late summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

So, I took the kids to see Hotel Transylvania 3. Sigh. I wasn’t expecting much, and I must say, that’s what I got. Not much. Not funny, lame plot and.... The Macarena is the song that was finally able to destroy the forces of evil.  So, there you have it.

I was torn between sobbing guy and laughing guy, so I laughed.

• Like 6

Things are getting done little by little.  I lost some of my panicky feeling after cleaning up the kitchen a bit, though I was annoyed because I somehow didn't start the dishwasher 4 hours ago when I thought I had.  :dry:  Luggage is out and being filled.  Instruments and music binders are set out and ready to go.  Ds13 got a haircut.  Dinner is simmering.

I still need to pack.  Dh is going to have to work late late late and will have to pack in the morning.  I'm going to have some kids give the van a thorough cleaning tonight and the others help tidy the house and empty the dishwasher.

• Like 5

Did some of the things, which included ketching up. So now I'm ketched up. Mostly.

tonight I'm sorting dd#2's pictures so I can start on her photo album. With any luck, I can have it finished by Christmas, she said hopefully.

It wasn't 111 degrees here today, so there's that.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

It's late July.

1. Panic about fall = check,

2. Unreasonably hot weather = check,

3. Resignation to the fact that my kids want screen time and will leave me alone if I give it to them = check.

Regarding number 3.......#thestruggleisreal

• Like 2

My son used to fish a lot. But at some point he quit fishing, and I asked him why. He said he liked them too much to see them with a hook that he couldn't always fix, and so he decided he wouldn't fish anymore. He's sensitive. I like it.

I got some Beta feedback to chew on tonight. Not going to go through all of it, because I'll just end up sobbing, although the feedback also included things like "gorgeous writing, technically brilliant." Kept me hooked even when I felt lost or unsure. Guys, if I can just nail the emotional tells and clarify the difficult stuff, I think the book will be wonderful, but those things are so, so hard for me! Translating a vision from my brain to paper is so tough! 

• Like 9