Menu

Ignore this thread!

My kids generally unload the dishwasher.

Dd19 is home!  By all accounts she had an amazing summer working at the youth camps.  She has learned interesting terms like "jenky" and "sexy Kroger".  She has also started a club called The Grandma Society for Old Ladies at Heart where they sit around and knit (or crochet) and listen to smooth jazz.  Sometimes they get carried away and dance.  They have a facebook page and everything.  :laugh:

It's Book Day, so after dinner everyone will receive their end-of-year books and we'll have chocolate babka for dessert.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

I'm just so boring I have nothin to post.  The most exciting thing that had happened this entire month is that it is hotter than helleven here

Being boring and having nothing to post has never stopped me. In fact, I post a lot when I have nothing to post.

or, when I have dishes to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

She says if we go to Indiana or Tennessee she'll buy a trailer and spend the summer there but not if we go to Texas because it's too hot. Score one for Texas.

Why would she want to spend the summer in TN?  In the summer people should go to Canada.  In the winter people should go south.

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have a very sweet puppy. Aren’t you all jealous?

Yes.

• Like 2

Y'all. With all due respect to folks who live in Midland, Texas, and love it, Mr. Ellie and I would not, under any circumstances, want to live there. So, so hot, and flat, and many, many hours from anywhere else in the entire known world. o_0

And then there's Austin, which was 108 today, the highest temp since 18-something-or-other. I.can't.even.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Y'all. With all due respect to folks who live in Midland, Texas, and love it, Mr. Ellie and I would not, under any circumstances, want to live there. So, so hot, and flat, and many, many hours from anywhere else in the entire known world. o_0

And then there's Austin, which was 108 today, the highest temp since 18-something-or-other. I.can't.even.

Husband says San Antonio, I say beach.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Husband says San Antonio, I say beach.

Beach. Definitely the beach. San Antonio is not only hot, it's humid. I know we all laugh at Arizona's state slogan ("But it's a dry heat.") but yeah, humidity totally makes a difference.

Seattle weather becomes more appealing to me every year, lol.

• Like 3

Good morning!  Don't mess with Texas!

ANOTHER week of swim practice?  :svengo:  They're relentless!  

I've got to get the last 2 loads of laundry done before bringing the kids to choir camp.  Ha.  That means getting out of bed now.  We currently have a severe shortage of laundry baskets in this house!  It's our last day of packing, so have to get stuff done and run a million errands.

Coffee!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Slache said:

She's a school nurse and wants to spend the summers with us. Yay.

But bad things happen in TN!  Dd9 has TWO giant blisters on her foot!  Wasps.  Allergies. My fitbit battery is low!  There's a crack in the sidewalk.  Some kids didn't put their scooters away.  There's a dead squirrel on the road.  The hummingbird didn't come back when I was looking.  The porch railings need to be replaced.  Japanese beetles.  That kid quit choir.  The banana turned brown.  Dd15's violin string broke.  The Bell Witch.  Overdue book fines at the library!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

But bad things happen in TN!  Dd9 has TWO giant blisters on her foot!  Wasps.  Allergies. My fitbit battery is low!  There's a crack in the sidewalk.  Some kids didn't put their scooters away.  There's a dead squirrel on the road.  The hummingbird didn't come back when I was looking.  The porch railings need to be replaced.  Japanese beetles.  That kid quit choir.  The banana turned brown.  Dd15's violin string broke.  The Bell Witch.  Overdue book fines at the library!  

Oh dear!  Bless your hearts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning. Sprinting with a critique partner this morning to get some revising done. It isn't as hot today, but the cicadas are really ramping up this morning. It's a constant screech that almost masks the sound of the lawnmower. DH is going in a little late so he can get the mowing done this morning while he'd got dew and better temperatures.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Hot!!????????????????

There’s two fires in the Sierras now. The Ferguson Fire up in Yosemite that’s huge and has been going for a couple of weeks and then one closer to us up in Sequoia.

I think we’ll go to the movies today. We do one movie outing per “vacation time”. I guess we’ll see Hotel Transylvania 3. We haven’t seen 1 or 2, but it’s the only one showing at the nearby theater that looks appropriate for my little girls. The boys are mad that we aren’t seeing Antman and Wasp or that Jurassic Park Movie.

• Like 4

Good morning, games were cancelled yesterday due to the heat, they're trying again today but much later than usual.  To all the ladies who are planning and reading and just doing interesting stuff in general, please help me!  I'd wanted to start school on the first but I think I'm going to have to push it back a week because I'm just not ready.  I don't know what the problem is, usually by this time I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and can motivate myself, not this year.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning, games were cancelled yesterday due to the heat, they're trying again today but much later than usual.  To all the ladies who are planning and reading and just doing interesting stuff in general, please help me!  I'd wanted to start school on the first but I think I'm going to have to push it back a week because I'm just not ready.  I don't know what the problem is, usually by this time I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and can motivate myself, not this year.

Is there any particular reason you want to start on the first? Don’t feel bad about it pushing it back.  I don’t know what to tell you about motivation. I’ve been getting some stuff done here and there, but i’ve Been feeling frustrated and at loose ends and can’t seem to get motivated, either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Aaaaacccccckkkkk! We need both Willy-billy silly-billy willy-nilly (#$&%@ autocorrect) guy and svengo Guy for living in Tennessee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Is there any particular reason you want to start on the first? Don’t feel bad about it pushing it back.  I don’t know what to tell you about motivation. I’ve been getting some stuff done here and there, but i’ve Been feeling frustrated and at loose ends and can’t seem to get motivated, either.

Nope, no reason other than I'm thinking of going home for a visit in October and I want to take the entire month of December off.

• Like 2