Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Paige said:

You can handle her! I have so much sympathy, but pretty soon they will go home and it will all be better. Nod and smile for everything you can possibly ignore. 

FWIW, I've resigned myself to having MIL eventually live with us. DH and I have been married for over 20yrs and in the first half I'd rather die than let her live with us because visits were so hard. With time, however, we've both mellowed, I've become stronger, more tolerant, and more skilled at handling issues, so I think it will be ok. If we move again, I'll be looking for somewhere that has a good MIL suite or the ability to put a granny pod in the backyard. 

I don't have the energy for permanent residence. She makes everything a fight. Where I sit, what time we go shopping, whether I'm sick, what my children are to be called. I call my kids honey when she's around because every. single. time. I call them by their names she corrects me. Every time. It's too exhausting. And she lies to my face and my children daily. I can't tell when someone is lying. I just don't have the energy for her.

MIL and my mom don't get to live with us but the dads do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Slache—nearly every apartment we have ever leased has had clauses on guests—they can only stay for a limited number of days. Even if Matt were crazy enough to allow it, odds are your apartment manager would not. Besides, as high maintenance as she seems I can’t see her sleeping on your living room floor.

LOL. You are so good. The last time she stayed here she demanded we buy a gigantic air mattress and keep it out all day.

She's not allowed to stay here anymore. It's a thing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Um.  In what way does she think you need to be corrected in saying your kids' names?

John was named after her uncle who was named John but called Jack so he should be called Jack in her eyes. That was the original plan he just seemed like a John to us.

Mary should be called Mary Beth because she claims she was named after her mom, but she wasn't. About half of those in her life call her Mary, the other half still call her Mooies.

Alex's name is Matthew Alexander and she wants some kind of recognition of Matthew in his name. She hasn't decided quite what yet.

And the kids can't have nicknames (Johndess, Mooies, Awix/Babiness) because it's confusing. :blink:

• Confused 3

I am so glad I didn't go on this trip. "We'll be home by 2... We won't be home until 3... We hit rush hour traffic and hope to be home around 5." :svengo: And I have a migraine today which was no big deal because I didn't spend the entire day in the car and just took a simple ibuprophin.

Plus, I got bunches and bunches done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

John was named after her uncle who was named John but called Jack so he should be called Jack in her eyes. That was the original plan he just seemed like a John to us.

Mary should be called Mary Beth because she claims she was named after her mom, but she wasn't. About half of those in her life call her Mary, the other half still call her Mooies.

Alex's name is Matthew Alexander and she wants some kind of recognition of Matthew in his name. She hasn't decided quite what yet.

And the kids can't have nicknames (Johndess, Mooies, Awix/Babiness) because it's confusing. :blink:

Huh.  Your temporary "honey" plan is a good one.  Sorry about the headache.

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We really liked the neuropsych.

:hooray:  So glad to hear this!

• Like 2

I didn't get to have my awkward conversation today because when I finally had a chance to talk to her, the girls were hanging around and I realized they didn't know yet and would probably cause a commotion.  Oh well.

Shepherd's pie for dinner.  Salad dressings will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

• Like 3

One more pitch and that's good for a while. I don't think there's another pitch contest until September. Whew! No love today, but that's not a big deal. The bigger deal is that this social misfit who just figured out Twitter in late May because there was no alternative is about to break 500 when it comes to followers. I think that's pretty danged good for a newbie.

Working on revisions to my first chapter again with my free-verse poem rewrite beside me to keep the voice strong and passionate while I rewrite. Wish me luck!

• Like 6

Can we talk about how crazy architects are to place a bathroom directly in front of a living area/patio door and in eyesight of the kitchen? All of our other guest bathrooms were discretely tucked into a hallway.  I've lost my appetite a few times lately, so I'm going to better stock my bathroom with all of the supplies they may need.

• Like 1

I have a bunch of dirt and leaves on my doorstep because a) the person who is supposed to sweep every week doesn’t; and b) I swear, I live with a bunch of lazy bums.

and it’s hotter than heleven here.

we’re going to my oarents’ House for dinner.

i gulped my COFfEE~D while I mopped the floor.

• Like 6

Juliet keeps bringing garbage up on to our back deck.  I assume that it is from our neighbor's yard where they literally have piles of trash in the back yard and blew over into our yard or something.  At least that's my best guess because it is NOT our garbage.  I hope that she doesn't drag a dead body or something up here one day. . .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet keeps bringing garbage up on to our back deck.  I assume that it is from our neighbor's yard where they literally have piles of trash in the back yard and blew over into our yard or something.  At least that's my best guess because it is NOT our garbage.  I hope that she doesn't drag a dead body or something up here one day. . .  

Well, if she does, at least the police will take it away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I shall be torturing the children tomorrow morning. 

I think they've been holed up in their rooms too much so I'm taking them to explore some local parks with the dog bright and early.  I am the meanest, but I'll try to soften it with doughnuts and maybe pizza afterwards. 

• Like 7

Why are you guys doing school? My in-laws are here and I need you at my beck and call! No more school!

They got back from mountain seeing. Mother-in-law checked my bookshelves to ensure I still had all of the curriculum that she sent and I don't. Father-in-law pulled all of the dog hair from in between the couch cushions and sat it in the middle of the couch and told the dog to eat it, which she did. I would call that a good visit.

There is an absolutely delicious, gluten filled gyro pizza in my fridge right now. I need the svengo guy!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

Why are you guys doing school? My in-laws are here and I need you at my beck and call! No more school!

They got back from mountain seeing. Mother-in-law checked my bookshelves to ensure I still had all of the curriculum that she sent and I don't. Father-in-law pulled all of the dog hair from in between the couch cushions and sat it in the middle of the couch and told the dog to eat it, which she did. I would call that a good visit.

There is an absolutely delicious, gluten filled gyro pizza in my fridge right now. I need the svengo guy!

You can do this, Slashie. Of course, you could always say there’s an emergency in California that you need to take care of and you can come visit me in ...he11. Well, at least that’s what it seems like.... smoky air, excessive heat 

• Like 4

Ireland update: It looks like her shoulders are dying and are probably going to need to be removed as well. We are praying for healing so that doesn't have to happen.

She is in critical condition and unconcious. She doesn't know she has no siblings or legs.

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You can do this, Slashie. Of course, you could always say there’s an emergency in California that you need to take care of and you can come visit me in ...he11. Well, at least that’s what it seems like.... smoky air, excessive heat 

My daughter is allergic to smoke and now we can't vacation in CA because of this. In fact even the Northwest is hazardous in summer. ? Hell indeed. Fires in Finland now, I'm not sure ALaska is a good future plan.

• Sad 3