Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lynn, you are up waaaaaaaaay too early!

Dh is going to Pittsburgh for the day.  Ds13 has a cello lesson with The Professor.  But first, I need pantz so I can go to Aldi.  If I can get ready in time, I might be able to work on some Swedish and Finnish fiddle tunes beforehand.

Coffee!

Finnish fiddle tunes sound amazing.

I need to get back into guitar.

• Like 4

Kids are tackling their independent work. Had a quick 'n' easy BFSU lesson (they're never as bad as I build them up to be in my mind) and now I'm resting peacefully on the couch trying to encourage myself to try that translation thing again. I've been so fatigued the last couple days! May need a nap.

• Like 5

I have concerted and familied and beached and we're having all the fun and I'm so, so tired. BFF is in town like 3 more days and wants to spend 2 of them at museums with us.

I told DS I'd take him to a movie. Do I coffee now, or try to take a nap during quiet time later? I think I'd better coffee. I'm a terrible napper.

• Like 5

boys are gaming after a tense math session, can I just say that I dislike proportions?  I don't recall learning this in school or when I taught the other kids, did I not learn it or did I put the memory of it of my head?  Also could this be why I get lost almost every time I leave the house, lol

• Like 3

Done:

breakfast

math (with dd11 and dd13)

spelling (with dd7)

ASL video

devotions

work on ebay stuff

listen to literature lecture on youtube

watch homerun derby replay (Go Bryce!)

sweep the kitchen

lunch

Now it's naptime.

• Like 7

I am calm, I am cool, I am collected. I answered calmly and kindly in the midst of tantrums and “I hate math” and “I don’t want to do this” and “you hate me”.  I even cracked small jokes and waited patiently. My jaw hurts from clenching my teeth. I deserve a huge trophy and a trip to the ITT Island and a place on the beach where I lay and drink many brightly colored drinks with little umbrellas in them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

boys are gaming after a tense math session, can I just say that I dislike proportions?  I don't recall learning this in school or when I taught the other kids, did I not learn it or did I put the memory of it of my head?  Also could this be why I get lost almost every time I leave the house, lol

I definitely remember them and I still get lost about every time I leave the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

In our house that is called “Mom is going in an adventure”.  I go on a lot of adventures. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Dd had dreams about big bugs being in her room last night and consequently I spent an hour consoling her and five more hours staring at the ceiling because I was wide awake. There were no bugs.

I had a dream I went to prison for drugs and there were sick children and suicidal animals everywhere. Can you console me?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I am so tired, and sick, and sore. I need to get up and clean the house, write, and generally be productive. Instead, I'm an unfocused slug who can't even ooze out of the bed for a drink of water. Is it time for pain medicine again? I think it must be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I am so tired, and sick, and sore. I need to get up and clean the house, write, and generally be productive. Instead, I'm an unfocused slug who can't even ooze out of the bed for a drink of water. Is it time for pain medicine again? I think it must be.

Take a day off.  Sometimes stepping away can give your mind time to sort out problems.  Eat good food. Watch a favorite movie.  Let a fan blow cool air right on your face.

• Like 8

1 out of 2 classes cancelled, 1 out of 2 kids' sports cancelled due to bad weather (the other one will likely be cancelled as well I think, as we've got pretty severe weather today) and 1 ice cream cake purchased for my hardworking hubby. Probably have to rethink dinner, as it was supposed to be hamburgers on the grill. I don't think that's gonna happen in this downpour.

Also, 1 fit of grouchiness at DD, who threw away some perfectly good, expensive gluten-free bread that I had left on the counter to thaw for my lunch. "If it's out on the counter, I'm going to think it's trash. It's my job to keep the kitchen clean, remember?" :angry: I don't think I was able to persuade her that actually, she was in the wrong here for not asking before throwing away. She's quite sure it's mostly my fault for leaving it out.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Take a day off.  Sometimes stepping away can give your mind time to sort out problems.  Eat good food. Watch a favorite movie.  Let a fan blow cool air right on your face.

That is what I'm doing. I still have to do the laundry, but other than laundry and managing the critters, I've pretty much been resting and trying not to think too much. Sitting in my dark hole, but listening to the movie in the front room. I printed out my stuff for writer's meeting tonight. Read it through. Guys, it's danged good stuff. And there's too much that is well written to let little stuff get me down for long. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, egao_gakari said:

1 out of 2 classes cancelled, 1 out of 2 kids' sports cancelled due to bad weather (the other one will likely be cancelled as well I think, as we've got pretty severe weather today) and 1 ice cream cake purchased for my hardworking hubby. Probably have to rethink dinner, as it was supposed to be hamburgers on the grill. I don't think that's gonna happen in this downpour.

Also, 1 fit of grouchiness at DD, who threw away some perfectly good, expensive gluten-free bread that I had left on the counter to thaw for my lunch. "If it's out on the counter, I'm going to think it's trash. It's my job to keep the kitchen clean, remember?" :angry: I don't think I was able to persuade her that actually, she was in the wrong here for not asking before throwing away. She's quite sure it's mostly my fault for leaving it out.

Grrrrr on your behalf. Not like GF bread is chump change, no.

I did bake yesterday. Made some nice GF bread that we have all been munching on. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’ve always wanted to visit Norway. Probably never will, though.

It's nice.  The weather is mild.  Packaged lefsa is gross, even in Norway.

6 hours ago, Tsuga said:

Finnish fiddle tunes sound amazing.

I need to get back into guitar.

They are neat.  Sometimes VERY complicated.  I mainly need to find recordings or videos of the tunes so I can get a sense of how they are played.  I'm not really a fiddler.  Just a FIT.  (Fiddler in Training)  ?

• Like 2

We are home from the places.  I stopped for gas near the university because the gas in that town is 50 cents cheaper per gallon than where I live.  Saved $16!  I asked ds13 how he would feel about taking cello lessons with Dr. Professor instead of Former Teacher, at least for a few months to try it out.  He asked if he could think about it.  

We are having ham and swiss sandwiches for dinner.  I'd rather take a nap than make salad dressing.  We don't really need salad dressing, do we?

• Like 4

Hi. Someone from a sister church of our old church lost their home and 2 of their 3 children in a fire. They are asking everyone everywhere to pray for their daughter Ireland (4?) who is having her legs amputated tomorrow in hopes of surviving damage caused by the fire.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh Slache, that is heartbreaking.  Praying for them.

I know! It's so bad. Essentially she's dying from the damage so they have to remove it. Her torso is completely fine so theoretically she should be fine, but right now she's very not.

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Arg arg arg arg arg!  My printer has stopped printing because it's "out of black ink".  No, you are not &@$%#! out of ink!  I gave you a brand spankin' new and way overpriced HP ink cartridge 3 weeks ago!  :angry:

I believe it if you take it out and put it back in it registers as a brand new cartridge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I believe it if you take it out and put it back in it registers as a brand new cartridge.

Poop.  Did not work.  Dh just said the cartridge will print "up to" 190 pages.  190?  Are you kidding me?  It was $42!  What kind of scam is this? I hate HP so much.  It's probably cheaper to buy a new printer.

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Arg arg arg arg arg!  My printer has stopped printing because it's "out of black ink".  No, you are not &@$%#! out of ink!  I gave you a brand spankin' new and way overpriced HP ink cartridge 3 weeks ago!  :angry:

Oooops, sorry Susan. That would be my fault. I’ve been sneaking into your house every night for the past 3 weeks and making copies. Thousands of them. Every night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We are home from the places.  I stopped for gas near the university because the gas in that town is 50 cents cheaper per gallon than where I live.  Saved $16!  I asked ds13 how he would feel about taking cello lessons with Dr. Professor instead of Former Teacher, at least for a few months to try it out.  He asked if he could think about it.  

We are having ham and swiss sandwiches for dinner.  I'd rather take a nap than make salad dressing.  We don't really need salad dressing, do we?

Were you surprised he needed to think about it?  And No, you don't need salad dressing, though I'm sure you've already eaten by now.

33 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hi. Someone from a sister church of our old church lost their home and 2 of their 3 children in a fire. They are asking everyone everywhere to pray for their daughter Ireland (4?) who is having her legs amputated tomorrow in hopes of surviving damage caused by the fire.

So sorry!  Praying!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

We're having burgers too!

Our burgers were mediocre at best. TBH, Walmart ground chuck is better than Costco’s ground beef. I keep forgetting that. I think it has a higher fat content. But, I made peach icecream to make up for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1