Menu

Ignore this thread!

We have a 90% chance if snow tonight. Happy first day of spring. 😢😢😢

Yeah, well it’s been snowing here all dang day. DS went out and made a snowman. I stayed in because I’m still sick. I worked from home but then stopped to eat and after that realized I’m sicker still than I thought so I decided to take the rest of the day off to sprawl on the couch and stare out the window at the blizzard, lamenting the fact that we haven’t moved yet.

• Like 3

It was awful! Poor me! He was much happier today. I think he stopped crying right after I closed the door. And there was no clinging. The clinging killed me.

Unless you were hugging Babiness. Then I will pass on your regards.

Hugs were for you. Babiness won’t remember it in a few years.
  • Like 3

Yeah, well it’s been snowing here all dang day. DS went out and made a snowman. I stayed in because I’m still sick. I worked from home but then stopped to eat and after that realized I’m sicker still than I thought so I decided to take the rest of the day off to sprawl on the couch and stare out the window at the blizzard, lamenting the fact that we haven’t moved yet.

:grouphug: For sick, but glad you took the rest of the day off to rest.

• Like 2

I am not a happy Mama. I drove to school to pick up DS. Generally, he comes right out from class to where I am parked. Today, no, he decided to talk with his friends. I sat and watched him for about 7 minutes across the playing field completely ignore me and then I just drove home. He can walk home. It’s a 15-20 minute walk through residential neighborhood. He’s done it before. It’s a little chilly and only spitting rain.😡😡😡

• Like 7

I am not a happy Mama. I drove to school to pick up DS. Generally, he comes right out from class to where I am parked. Today, no, he decided to talk with his friends. I sat and watched him for about 7 minutes across the playing field completely ignore me and then I just drove home. He can walk home. It’s a 15-20 minute walk through residential neighborhood. He’s done it before. It’s a little chilly and only spitting rain.😡😡😡

That’ll learn him!

• Like 2

I had DS take shrubs out of the back corner of the back yard so I can plant some citrus. Definitely a lemon and perhaps a mandarin orange. I want to plant some blueberries in whiskey barrels, too.

That sounds lovely :) too cold for citrus here but I could maybe grow it in a pot and bring it indoors in the winter. Then I could have a house as well as a yard full of trees.

• Like 2

Official Report, Day 2 (of 5!):

I remembered to coffee promptly. DH called before I showered. In school, DS wrote a story; I was the villain who caused the Daddy to leave, and Kitty was the heroine who got him back. (Editor's note: He is at a tech conference, which is hardly the sort of thing the Big Bad Mommy should be held responsible for.) We Spanished (hola, Maestra Renai :) ). I made salad for dinner and had to go fetch DS from the neighbor's house, because they don't have clocks in sight and he neglected to ask for a reminder to come home when I'd said. We scouted, and DS did not pay attention well enough to learn any knots. I should've bought his new shirt in the next size up, I see now that I've put the patches on and he's washed/dried/worn it a couple of times: it's a bit short and comes untucked easily. Now he's getting ready for bed and I know there are things I should do and I'm definitely not doing them. ETA: except sampling the Easter candy for quality control purposes.

TL; DR: :willy_nilly:

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 8

That sounds lovely :) too cold for citrus here but I could maybe grow it in a pot and bring it indoors in the winter. Then I could have a house as well as a yard full of trees.

:001_wub: There is a reason that in my short story, one character lives on top of the mountain and main room for entertaining includes large trees in huge planters all around the room. 

• Like 4

I want Easter candy to sample for quality control. Peeps and cream-filled chocolate eggs are my specialties.

ETA: Also plain chocolate rabbits, pastel colored chocolate eggs and anything involving peanut butter.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

I hast a new book courtesy of the Book-A-Week Thread. I picked up Editor-Proof Your Writing by Don McNair, and it looks like each chapter walks you through a completed manuscript chapter by chapter. Should be interesting, and I can see that I might want to do this book for an April/May project.

• Like 3

Edit: I didn't mean to quote, sorry!

Um, isn't that public record? My county's purchase records are online!

As for HOAs... seriously, this makes me afraid to go to Texas. So you could literally ruin someone's life over a freaking potted plant? Like... why? How does that help community?

Edited by Tsuga
  • Like 3

Um, isn't that public record? My county's purchase records are online!

As for HOAs... seriously, this makes me afraid to go to Texas. So you could literally ruin someone's life over a freaking potted plant? Like... why? How does that help community?

Maybe she doesn't want to be associated with it? I would delete the quote.

Official Report, Day 2 (of 5!):

I remembered to coffee promptly. DH called before I showered. In school, DS wrote a story; I was the villain who caused the Daddy to leave, and Kitty was the heroine who got him back. (Editor's note: He is at a tech conference, which is hardly the sort of thing the Big Bad Mommy should be held responsible for.) We Spanished (hola, Maestra Renai :) ). I made salad for dinner and had to go fetch DS from the neighbor's house, because they don't have clocks in sight and he neglected to ask for a reminder to come home when I'd said. We scouted, and DS did not pay attention well enough to learn any knots. I should've bought his new shirt in the next size up, I see now that I've put the patches on and he's washed/dried/worn it a couple of times: it's a bit short and comes untucked easily. Now he's getting ready for bed and I know there are things I should do and I'm definitely not doing them. ETA: except sampling the Easter candy for quality control purposes.

TL; DR: :willy_nilly:

You have discovered the keys to successful solo parenting!!!  

• Like 3

Hope you're feeling better!   :grouphug:

• Like 1

I want Easter candy to sample for quality control. Peeps and cream-filled chocolate eggs are my specialties.

ETA: Also plain chocolate rabbits, pastel colored chocolate eggs and anything involving peanut butter.

My favorites are malted milk eggs and jelly beans.
  • Like 2

:001_wub: There is a reason that in my short story, one character lives on top of the mountain and main room for entertaining includes large trees in huge planters all around the room.

I would like a main room built around a large tree. Though that might get messy and there might be bugs. Hmmmm, scratch that idea.
  • Like 3

Well that's good to know. I don't think HOAs have that kind of realistic legal power here...

I’ve heard they can put a lien on your house if you don’t Cop to their demands. Some friends of ours painted their house a color “not on the list†and got into huge trouble with the HOA. And the thing is, the house looks good that color. It’s not some weird color. It’s just not on The List. And they got threatened with a lien.
  • Like 1

DDb did something today that could cause her whole class to have to retake a standardized test.  :svengo:

Why? Because she's DDb and stuff like that happens. I told them from the beginning that they needed to be very clear with directions with her. Hopefully TPTB will decide to let it go because everyone agrees that the test was not actually compromised, but we have to wait and see. DD is not in trouble w/ the school but I'm sure she won't be the other kids' favorite person if they all have to retest!

• Like 3

If you have older girls, where do you shop when they are getting too big (physically) for girls' clothes but are too small for juniors or ladies? And they're short. Sometimes girls' 14s are ok and sometimes adult xs is ok, but neither is really great. I don't like the cheap fabric of most juniors' stuff and they don't like the little girl looks of nicer girls' stores. 

• Like 1