Menu

Ignore this thread!

Critterfixer needs to put two of these in her signature. :)

I was going to put one where Alex's curriculum should be. I have the coffee table moved from my workout so he's been jumping off the top of the couch, bouncing off the cushion and rolling across the exercise mat.
  • Like 3

I MISSED THE ANNIVERSARY!  Jean in Newcastle nobly notified me (note the awesome alliteration) but I've been up to my elbows in goat babies and didn't get to the message in time.

Congratulations to all for this, er, achievement.

swb

:laugh:  :hurray:

You finally made it!  You are forgiven, but only because of the alliteration.    And because we like you.

Toss us some baby goat pics and a haiku and I'm sure we can all just put this unfortunate incident behind us.  

:D

• Like 11

Dd9 thanks you all for the Nirthday Wishes!

She went to dh's work for a Nirthday Lunch with him today, and at the lunch counter she ordered a bacon wrap.

"What would you like in that wrap?" says the Lunch Lady.

"Bacon," says Dd9 in her sweet little voice.

"Well, yes, but also.....Tomato?" says Lunch Lady.

"No....bacon," says Dd9.

"Lettuce?"  says Lunch Lady.

"No, just bacon," says Dd9.

"Well.... what would you like on the side, then?  Chips?"

Dd9 thinks for a moment.  "No, thank you.  I'd really just like bacon, please."

I love this girl.   :laugh:

• Like 11

I have dinner guests coming in an hour. I don't care if they see my dust. Am I more comfortable with myself? Tired? Apathetic about hosting? I'm not sure....

I think you are more comfortable with yourself and the fact that you have a house that is actually lived in. With lots of people.

• Like 2

Dd9 thanks you all for the Nirthday Wishes!

She went to dh's work for a Nirthday Lunch with him today, and at the lunch counter she ordered a bacon wrap.

"What would you like in that wrap?" says the Lunch Lady.

"Bacon," says Dd9 in her sweet little voice.

"Well, yes, but also.....Tomato?" says Lunch Lady.

"No....bacon," says Dd9.

"Lettuce?" says Lunch Lady.

"No, just bacon," says Dd9.

"Well.... what would you like on the side, then? Chips?"

Dd9 thinks for a moment. "No, thank you. I'd really just like bacon, please."

I love this girl. :laugh:

I am giggling. What a sweetie!!💕
  • Like 1

Official Report, Husband out of Town Date 1 (of 5!):

DS only cried once (because I had not smuggled him into the suitcase as he had requested). School was conducted. We also went to the Y and the grocery store. I may have given up on chosen to delay, for efficiency's sake, trying yet another new recipe for dinner, so we ate freezer foods, as we had for lunch. There may have been brownies (with nutritional accessories such as ice cream, our favorite calcium supplement) for morning snack. And dessert. We only called DH twice, once immediately after he got off the plane after stalking checking his airline website. The cat is taking it well, deigning to sit with Second-Best Parent on the couch and purr, as I have supplied satisfactory [read: square] food. I did not have coffee until noon, a significant tactical error.

Off to bed, as I get to be Morning Parent this week.

• Like 8

I put some daffodils my mom brought me by our statue of St. Joseph and opened up a package of fig newtons and yelled, “Ite ad Joseph!†At the kids. Happy feast of St. Joseph!

Here’s how the cool Catholic moms do it:

https://www.showerofrosesblog.com/2013/03/our-2013-st-josephs-altar.html

I love that bundt cake. And the cupcakes looked yummy, too. And of course, the children were adorable.  Sometimes I wish Protestants had feast days.

Edited: I've been perusing her blog.  It's a really nice blog.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Official Report, Husband out of Town Date 1 (of 5!):

DS only cried once (because I had not smuggled him into the suitcase as he had requested). School was conducted. We also went to the Y and the grocery store. I may have given up on chosen to delay, for efficiency's sake, trying yet another new recipe for dinner, so we ate freezer foods, as we had for lunch. There may have been brownies (with nutritional accessories such as ice cream, our favorite calcium supplement) for morning snack. And dessert. We only called DH twice, once immediately after he got off the plane after stalking checking his airline website. The cat is taking it well, deigning to sit with Second-Best Parent on the couch and purr, as I have supplied satisfactory [read: square] food. I did not have coffee until noon, a significant tactical error.

Off to bed, as I get to be Morning Parent this week.

Sounds like a successful day!

• Like 2

The neighbor came over and asked if I knew anyone who did tutoring. Her little girl needs help in reading.  This little girl is sweet, she plays with my little girls all the time. I think I will offer to do it (for pay, of course). I don't know anyone who does tutoring and since we are in a small town there is no businesses that do it. You have to drive to the Big City for that.

• Like 8

Good morning!

Good job, Slache! Such s big girl!

I was up from about 1 to 4. My fitbit doesn't care. It keeps buzzing me awake. :glare:

So. Much. Coffee.

Some coffee makers will start up when your fitbit says you've woken up. You can also have your lights flash when you meet your step goal. I don't remember all the things. It would involve actually buying all the things so it wasn't that important to me. My Garmin has buttons so I could actually press a button to start my coffee if I had the right coffee maker.

• Like 2

I dealt with big-boy nasty rooster-pookums this morning and cut his spurs back. The aren't as short as I'd like. Imma get me some really large soft-paws for dogs and soften his spurs for him. Maybe I'll pick pink sparkles.

He was good for having his spurs and claws trimmed, mostly because he got swooped and turned upside down before he even had a chance to lodge a protest in my boot.

• Like 7

I know. She’s what I hoped I would turn out like but I can’t seem to swing it. Oh well. ;)

Aww, your swinging is just as good! She's probably not like that all the time either- it's just carefully curated images from her life. You could probably be like her for the 5 min it takes to get pictures and she has big kids. Big kids=big problems, but they also can be amazingly helpful. I could post beautiful pictures of my dining room too but only from the angle that doesn't show the boxes of Christmas decorations still waiting to go in the basement!

• Like 8

The baby tv show (yes, bad mom) is teaching about colors. Red+blue=purple; yellow+blue=green, red+yellow=orange....all normal, and then red+green=brown! That's a new one for me! I Is that a thing? I feel like dragging out the crayons to try. I mean, I'm pretty sure red and green would make some kind of nasty brown, but unlike red+blue=purple, I think I could get brown in other ways too. Maybe I could do purple and orange, right? 

• Like 1

It's the first day of spring and I wanted to go get my free ice cream (Rita's, y'all!) but we have icy cold rain all day and are expecting more snow than we've had all year tomorrow. 

Still feels like winter. 

I want to plant pawpaws. Does anyone have a pawpaw? 

• Like 4

The baby tv show (yes, bad mom) is teaching about colors. Red+blue=purple; yellow+blue=green, red+yellow=orange....all normal, and then red+green=brown! That's a new one for me! I Is that a thing? I feel like dragging out the crayons to try. I mean, I'm pretty sure red and green would make some kind of nasty brown, but unlike red+blue=purple, I think I could get brown in other ways too. Maybe I could do purple and orange, right? 

Do it with watercolor paints. Much more dramatic. Browns can be created in a number of ways and some of them are really vibrant and beautiful. Others are just mud and they don't look good.

• Like 1

It's the first day of spring and I wanted to go get my free ice cream (Rita's, y'all!) but we have icy cold rain all day and are expecting more snow than we've had all year tomorrow. 

Still feels like winter. 

I want to plant pawpaws. Does anyone have a pawpaw? 

You'll want a minimum of two. I want some, but that's on my later list, along with medlars and quince. The flowers are actually pollinated by flies because they stink. Beautiful maroon flowers, though.

You'll want a minimum of two. I want some, but that's on my later list, along with medlars and quince. The flowers are actually pollinated by flies because they stink. Beautiful maroon flowers, though.

My great-grandmother had them in her yard and I haven't seen an actual pawpaw since she died. I don't remember them stinking, but kids remember funny things. Maybe I could plant a row way back along the fence line where we wouldn't smell them. How bad do they smell? One thing I read recommended putting rotting meat near them to attract pollinators! Um...no.  :ack2:

• Like 1

My great-grandmother had them in her yard and I haven't seen an actual pawpaw since she died. I don't remember them stinking, but kids remember funny things. Maybe I could plant a row way back along the fence line where we wouldn't smell them. How bad do they smell? One thing I read recommended putting rotting meat near them to attract pollinators! Um...no.  :ack2:

I don't think they smell much like rotten meat. They just stink when you put your nose next to a flower. But yeah--the old trick was to hang a dead chicken in the tree to get good pollination. I'd rather just have more trees, thanks.

• Like 1

I think I have spring fever. I was just telling the boys that it won't be long before we are picking blueberries, blackberries and peaches to put up for next winter. Today it's gray, misty and it's supposed to get down close to freezing tonight. I'm tired of winter.

• Like 4