Menu

Ignore this thread!

So, a belated update on Dad - 

He's doing amazingly well. He got to eat his first real food last night (ground chicken with cream sauce, butternut squash, zucchini, a roll, milk, etc.). Mom said it was a bit of a challenge since his right arm is still weak, but he managed to eat 60% of his food! (Which is wonderful because he's lost 45lbs in 5 weeks!)
He's become a bit of a conspiracy theorist. ;) I was sitting with him last Friday and he told me the speech pathologist was a spy who only got her job because of her name (Molly). lol He also discovered the dent in his head from surgery and was quit upset that the nurses stole his head. Mom explained the accident to him and he acted like he understood, but he's still convinced that the staff stole his head and is hiding it somewhere. He talks incessantly right now, which is fine since it means new connections are being made and neurons are firing (I'm sure a scan of his brain would set the machine on fire with all the firing neurons!) 

We took his guitar up to him and he hugged it for a long time. Then started playing some chords. Mom also played his CD and one of our favorite songs of his and he sang to it softly. 

He was shown pictures of 37 items today. He could say the names of 15 of them. However, he was able to read all 37 words, so I know that name recall when seeing the picture will come soon enough.

Today, his PT consisted of plastic pipes and joints. He had to try to build the same shape by looking at a diagram - it looked decently difficult. Dad looked at the blueprint and said "It should have directions. This just isn't right. I can do it and I can do it right, but it should have directions. You need a new job if you want people to do this without directions. I will do it, but it isn't the way to do things." 
Then, the PT gave him another diagram to complete - "Ok, friend. Now we have a situation here. Again, and I mean again, you have given a job without instructions. This situation is worse than I figured. Young man, you need to go home and grow up and think about how a job is to be done. This is not acceptable, not acceptable at all. You need some training and I am too busy to do it."   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

The other day, my sister said "Mom is coming up to keep you company." 
Dad said "Huh. I prefer someone a bit more interesting to keep me company."  The day before, when mom wouldn't get him water, just ice chips, he told me "Incapable. This woman is just purely incapable of doing anything!"  :lol:  
(They've been married almost 41 years and he is head over heels for her, so I know it's just the TBI. We just laugh it off and redirect. But, dang, the man is full on sassy right now.) 

They're talking to the dr today to see about replacing the skull cap (now or later? We aren't sure), but next Thursday (29th), he is being transferred to Timber Ridge. He's making amazing progress. 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 11

Da heck?! Mobile forum wanted me to read through EVERY SINGLE PAGE to get here. Like I have 6 months to just sit and read.

Anyways, so what're you all doing during the upcoming Great Forum Eclipse?!

I am collecting phone numbers for those who want to be part of an ITT text group.  If any of you want to be included, please text me your number.  (I also will have a Tackle Text group but most people I know don't overlap.) 

Da heck?! Mobile forum wanted me to read through EVERY SINGLE PAGE to get here. Like I have 6 months to just sit and read.

Big Convention on the Island. Rocco and his crew are setting up cabanas on the beach as we speak. Great big COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Bar with plenty of peppermint-mocha creamer (and tea, also, for those tea drinkers amongst us). Critter will be reading aloud sections of her latest tomes and we will tour her art gallery. Jeannie will be giving political speeches, Renai will be holding Spanish classes, Slashie will be teaching us Greek via Latin and Spanish and Tai, Susan will be teaching us how to grow lemon trees and rhubarb, and the rest of us will lay around getting our toenails polished and drink cool drinks with umbrellas in them.
  • Like 12

Big Convention on the Island. Rocco and his crew are setting up cabanas on the beach as we speak. Great big COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Bar with plenty of peppermint-mocha creamer (and tea, also, for those tea drinkers amongst us). Critter will be reading aloud sections of her latest tomes and we will tour her art gallery. Jeannie will be giving political speeches, Renai will be holding Spanish classes, Slashie will be teaching us Greek via Latin and Spanish and Tai, Susan will be teaching us how to grow lemon trees and rhubarb, and the rest of us will lay around getting our toenails polished and drink cool drinks with umbrellas in them.

This is the best thing eveh and of course I just ran out of likes.  Consider it LOVED!!!   :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:

• Like 4

Ok, I got the details from the home warranty company..... Please help me decide.

Option 1: Replace into another Jenn Air downdraft unit.  The builder of this house put in a fancy schmancy oven with a downdraft ventilation system.  Only JennAir makes these anymore, so they had to offer me a replacement Jenn Air.  Advantages: new oven, can easily hook back into the current downdraft ventilation system, new unit would be covered by existing warranty, maintain luxury brand status if we relo again in the next few years and have to sell this house, oven actually cooks really nicely.  Disadvantages: poor reliability, high repair costs/difficulty finding parts, downdraft ventilation is ineffective, will likely not have funds to do later conversion of ventilation or replacement into another downdraft unit

Option 2: Take the cash payout and buy my own oven.  Advantages: can pick what oven I want, can use leftover funds to help pay for ventilation conversion (thankfully this backs to an external wall), any future oven replacements will be straightforward because conversion will have been finished.  Disadvantages: Will probably overrun funds, cannot buy same level of oven (would be going from a perceived luxury brand to a Whirlpool, most likely)

This is the oven they are offering me, fwiw: https://jennair.com/appliances/details/JDS1750FS  (but not that much money as payout)

Did you all see the post about updating the forum this weekend???? It will be down from 24th to the 28th! 😢😢😢

We need the ITT copter. Where are we meeting?

:svengo: Of all the nerve...

I'll get the copter fired up! Jean will bring the root beer. I have some probiotic root beer that you all can test for me in case it's poisonous. :D

So. A WTM shut down from March 24 to 28. People gave me emails or texting information. Are you wanting a texting group (I don’t know if that’s the right name)? Anyone want to be added to the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too!

Well butter me up and call me a biscuit! I lost another pound!

:hurray:

Hi Sweetpea!

• Like 4

Ok, I got the details from the home warranty company..... Please help me decide.

Option 1: Replace into another Jenn Air downdraft unit.  The builder of this house put in a fancy schmancy oven with a downdraft ventilation system.  Only JennAir makes these anymore, so they had to offer me a replacement Jenn Air.  Advantages: new oven, can easily hook back into the current downdraft ventilation system, new unit would be covered by existing warranty, maintain luxury brand status if we relo again in the next few years and have to sell this house, oven actually cooks really nicely.  Disadvantages: poor reliability, high repair costs/difficulty finding parts, downdraft ventilation is ineffective, will likely not have funds to do later conversion of ventilation or replacement into another downdraft unit

Option 2: Take the cash payout and buy my own oven.  Advantages: can pick what oven I want, can use leftover funds to help pay for ventilation conversion (thankfully this backs to an external wall), any future oven replacements will be straightforward because conversion will have been finished.  Disadvantages: Will probably overrun funds, cannot buy same level of oven (would be going from a perceived luxury brand to a Whirlpool, most likely)

This is the oven they are offering me, fwiw: https://jennair.com/appliances/details/JDS1750FS  (but not that much money as payout)

BETTER OVEN! Hands down.

Home appliances, shoes, medical care and cars are top priority in my book. These things need to serve us well or they will hinder our quality of life. You will use this oven several times a week so get the good one.

• Like 3

I cooked up and bottled another small batch of homemade probiotic root beer. The first batch is now chilling in the fridge. The ginger bug is ready, so I stuck that in the fridge too. Water kefir should be ready to add raspberries to and bottle up tonight after children's choir.

We're having slow cooker enchiladas tonight that contain exactly zero enchilada sauce. How do I pull this off? Well, no one in my family could identify a genuine enchilada if it was correctly labeled in a line-up. So I use generic burrito/taco ingredients and as long as there is enough cheese, everyone is happy. :D

FIL is still in the hospital but they are pretty sure his foot womb :D became infected and that's what caused his fever and delirium. Other tests all came back negative. Hopefully he will get to go home tomorrow.

• Like 5

Are we expecting to lose ITT? I've been meaning to go through it and copy all the cute things my kids have done. I didn't bother writing it anywhere else because it was here. Dumb, I know.

It took me 30 minutes to do 50 pages so I cannot have this done before the hive is down. :(

HEL-LOOOOO! You forgot the shooting range...

female-gangster-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 6

Critter! I need emergency animal advice.

A friend of mine has a pregnant cat whose labor has stalled. It's been hours and she has only had one of her kittens. My friend is trying to find a vet that can look at her now, but small town so she's having trouble getting a hold of anyone. Is there anything she can do for her cat in the meantime?

• Like 1

Um, isn't that public record? My county's purchase records are online!

As for HOAs... seriously, this makes me afraid to go to Texas. So you could literally ruin someone's life over a freaking potted plant? Like... why? How does that help community?

Pretty sure it's public record where we lived in Texas as well. Not sure if it's online. 

We did not have an HOA and do not plan on ever having an HOA. 

I wonder if you could just convince the credit people that the HOA's stuff is BS. 

Critter! I need emergency animal advice.

A friend of mine has a pregnant cat whose labor has stalled. It's been hours and she has only had one of her kittens. My friend is trying to find a vet that can look at her now, but small town so she's having trouble getting a hold of anyone. Is there anything she can do for her cat in the meantime?

Best to get her looked at. There isn't much she can do at home other than try to make sure the cat is in a quiet, comfortable place without too much distraction.

• Like 1

Best to get her looked at. There isn't much she can do at home other than try to make sure the cat is in a quiet, comfortable place without too much distraction.

That's pretty much what I figured. Hopefully she can get a vet to come in after hours for her.

• Like 1

Did you all see the post about updating the forum this weekend???? It will be down from 24th to the 28th! 😢😢😢

NOOOOOOO!!!!

So. A WTM shut down from March 24 to 28. People gave me emails or texting information. Are you wanting a texting group (I don’t know if that’s the right name)? Anyone want to be added to the list?

Add me!  

• Like 2

I don't have texting capabilities, so I'll probably just meet y'all on the flip side.  :)

Maybe I'll move standardized testing to next week...

Darn. Pretty sure it would take too long to get the CAT/TerraNova here in time. 

Also, did you know this was a thing?! ^^^^^

Yes. I think the too-many-emojis thing has come up on this thread before. 

I'm so glad your father is doing so much better, Mary. I'm sorry I haven't commented more... it's just that a friend's dad slipped on ice about 1.25 years ago and hit his head, and while he seemed to be getting better for the first 1-2 weeks (not like, good, but, he was conscious for a while, he then got worse (shocking all his doctors, because he was really healthy before the accident), and he died. And I didn't want to mention that at all, so, sorry I only said something like hugs. I'm not sure that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is that I wanted to be all "I'm sure he'll be fine" and all that, but just felt too apprehensive. So, anyway, so glad he's improving so much. :)

• Like 6

If you open a whole bunch of thread pages before the eclipse, you can read them while the forums are down. Maybe not quite enough time to completely catch up, but hey... it's something (I'm on page 238).

• Like 4

Jean,

Send SWB and her baby goats an invite. 

• Like 6

If you open a whole bunch of thread pages before the eclipse, you can read them while the forums are down. Maybe not quite enough time to completely catch up, but hey... it's something (I'm on page 238).

Some of us have already read all of them.   :Angel_anim:

(not me)

• Like 8

Have I began telling adorable children stories yet?

• Like 1

Aaaaavk! How could I forget that?? State of the art shooting range, naturally. With a full complement of arms, including medieval weaponry (I have a thing for the trebuchet).

:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 3