Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have been sushied!  :coolgleamA:

Whole30 menu is as follows:

Breakfast: Turkey Apple Sausage Patties, Guacamole and eggs

Lunch: Smoothies with strawberries, bananas, spinach, carrots, coconut water and almond milk

Dinner: Kima, Chicken Poppers, Salmon Cakes

Snacks: Sweet Potato Chips and soaked almonds

I aim for about 1/2 veggies, 1/3 meat, 1/6 fat and 1/6 fruit. I'm buying a few flavors of tea and some kombucha. I should be skinny by Saturday. Or at least very cranky.

• Like 7

Lego Lass danced beautifully and had a lot of fun with her friends. I met new friend and her mom who seem nice and friendly. ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

We will be dancing tomorrow evening.

I don't have my younger kids' outfits ready.

• Like 1

I have been sushied! :coolgleamA:

Whole30 menu is as follows:

Breakfast: Turkey Apple Sausage Patties, Guacamole and eggs

Lunch: Smoothies with strawberries, bananas, spinach, carrots, coconut water and almond milk

Dinner: Kima, Chicken Poppers, Salmon Cakes

Snacks: Sweet Potato Chips and soaked almonds

I aim for about 1/2 veggies, 1/3 meat, 1/6 fat and 1/6 fruit. I'm buying a few flavors of tea and some kombucha. I should be skinny by Saturday. Or at least very cranky.

Why do you want to soak almonds and what are you soaking them in?

• Like 1

Why do you want to soak almonds and what are you soaking them in?

Water. I learned it from Brazilian friends and there are contradicting theories on this but supposedly the water begins the breaking down process so your body can absorb more nutrients from them. I like them better soaked so I don't really care what people say. You can also put salt seasoning or herbs.

• Like 3

My DD(10)’s teacher takes off points for the Oxford comma! The horror!! I told DD to leave it out for this teacher but she’s wrong, it’s necessary, and to always use it in the future unless she has a wrong teacher again. Then we read Eats, Shoots & Leaves.

She should give that to the teacher as an end of year gift.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Saturday!!!ðŸ‘

Hugs and Second Sleep to all the Insomniacs.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone.

Good luck and fast swimming to all of Lynn’s peeps!!

Ikslo, you’re sick?? What’d you go and do a thing like that for?? J/K. I hope you feel better soon!!

Today is DS’s small birthday party. Will take DS and two friends to the trampoline park for a couple hours and then back to our house for pizza and cake.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

We are getting so much more money back on taxes than ever and than expected that I'm afraid we did something wrong and/or we'll be audited. We've double and triple checked and everything seems right, but it feels wrong. Adding Baby shouldn't have made such a big difference. We've added kids before- even 2 in one year- and never saw a bump like this. 

And DH got a quote on fixing our nasty patchy grass and I think I must make landscaping my new hobby. Who knew it was SO expensive just to make a yard look boring? I told DH we should get rid of the grass and cover it with rocks, or fill it in with shrubs and a ground cover or something, but he thinks I'm joking. He doesn't appreciate my fantastic out of the box ideas.  :glare: They aren't even mowing the grass for us- it's just to put seed down for the patchy places and make the grass boringly normal and green.

Xeriscape is a thing.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we had a third kid, though pregnancy and I don't get along very well (no major issues, just 24/7 'morning' sickness), and having an 8 year gap wasn't on my wishlist. Basically, I'm estimating my real odds of getting pregnant at probably more like <1% rather than 3%, but, I don't know what I'd do if I were. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to have another baby, but, yeah... it's so nice that the kids are older and we can do big kid things all the time. Plus, I have no idea what I'd do re: career... my plan was to just start a career when Broccoli graduated high school, which is when I'll be 42 or 43 or something... add 8 years to that, and... *poof* to future career plans, unless I either stick the kid in school or figure out how to work while homeschooling. 

Either way, the odds are really small, small enough I'm not really worried. Though I'll obviously be buying some pregnancy tests in a few weeks, since a) I don't recall when my last period started, and b) my cycles are kind of random in length (anything up to 8 weeks is normal for me, though recently I think they have been closer to other people's normal length, I think), so, that's going to be annoying. 

I'm not sure whether to give you hugs or celebrate. 

So,  :hurray:  and  :grouphug: . I do you hear on the special needs concerns, though.

My kids are still asleep. I can't remember the last time they all slept for 12 hours straight! My house has been quiet this morning and it's been kind of wonderful!

Mine sleep 11 hours every night without fail. I think it's God's grace for my chronic fatigue.

• Like 2

(((Ikslo)))

And Happy Birthday, Krissi's ds!

We just returned from the StocKar Derby with a blue ribbon for design in ds10's post, and an all-over 2nd place trophy for design.

:party:

We are of course very proud of ds' hard work and creativity. 

We're also well-aware of the advantage of having a large family at the ballot box for you.  ;)

• Like 6

Mine are back on the bed.  #moreadvanced

But not tucked in yet, and the comforter is not yet back on the bed yet.  #jobstillincomplete

Ours haven't made it to the laundromat yet. Although, I guess I could wash them by hand. It wouldn't be the first time. But, #idontwanna

Don't do it! The sheets can't be that dirty, right?

Seriously, unless there is construction dirt or major funk going on, don't hand wash sheets by hand.  Even the plunger in a bathtub routine is challenging.

I'm trying to catch up on laundry today. I was doing well until I saw a stream of ants going up and down the curtains in a couple of bedrooms.  I should've been warned when I saw pest control visiting the neighbor's house. Now ants are trying to move in here.  I'm putting out some bait traps and I'm washing everything in sight and putting out borax traps (to lure them to the poison) and peppermint (to keep them out of other areas in the house). #antmegeddon2018

• Like 2