Menu

Ignore this thread!

Well, my part of the birthday party is over. I took them to the trampoline park, served pizza and birthday cake (I made an awesome birthday cake) and now they all trooped outsid armed to the teeth for an epic Nerf-gun battle. And I got a ton of Latin done and finished my N. Korean book, too, while they played.

• Like 7

I Konmaried and Whole30ed the kitchen. The kitchen was the one room I didn't get to when I first Konmaried those years ago. There's only a small goodwill stack. We also have a care package of non-W30 compliant foods for a friend we're seeing this evening. Everything is so clean now. Happy Slache.

• Like 9

I'm waiting for the girls to finish their showers and then we'll watch a movie.

My class this morning was interesting and fun! I came home with two bottles of naturally carbonated ginger beer and a jar full of stuff that should turn into ginger bug in a few days (for making naturally carbonated sodas/juice). You can google "ginger bug" and find lots of info on how to do it, though the one we are doing is slightly different from what I mostly see online (we started with a lot more grated ginger and don't add additional ginger every day, only additional water and sugar.) I will try some next week and let you know if it has killed me. (Though I know that is impossible since it's against regulations.) :D ðŸ»

• Like 5

COFFEE!!,☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

And ketchupping up on a bunch piddly things that I never have time to do.... like run through the ATM, payIng random bills, changing the wreath on my front door from winter snowflakes to The Easter wreath.

• Like 5

She WHAT?! 😱

I forgot the Oxford comma in a work document. The resident PhD (STEM, by the way) was seriously nonplussed. "So, you don't use the Oxford comma...?"

:blush:

We corrected it posthaste.

• Like 7

COFFEE!!,☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

And ketchupping up on a bunch piddly things that I never have time to do.... like run through the ATM, payIng random bills, changing the wreath on my front door from winter snowflakes to The Easter wreath.

Don't run through an ATM! It will hurt bad and you'll probably be arrested!

• Like 7

Dd8 will be leaving me.   :crying:   Tomorrow, Dd9!!  

:party:

She wants bacon for breakfast and hotdogs for lunch and ziti for dinner.  

She is not a fan of cake, which I'd totally not thought about until this afternoon, so tonight I have some dough to make for pie crust and tomorrow I'll have to grab apples and vanilla ice cream on the way home from church.  

I also still have to wrap her gifts, because the blizzards slowed down our prime delivery and the last gifts didn't arrive until this morning.  (It may also have something to do with the fact that I forgot until this past Monday that she even had a birthday coming up  :blushing: )

And we need to decorate the house tonight, too.  I say "we" because I'm going to outsource that job to Dh.   :D

• Like 8

Dd8 will be leaving me. :crying: Tomorrow, Dd9!!

:party:

She wants bacon for breakfast and hotdogs for lunch and ziti for dinner.

She is not a fan of cake, which I'd totally not thought about until this afternoon, so tonight I have some dough to make for pie crust and tomorrow I'll have to grab apples and vanilla ice cream on the way home from church.

I also still have to wrap her gifts, because the blizzards slowed down our prime delivery and the last gifts didn't arrive until this morning. (It may also have something to do with the fact that I forgot until this past Monday that she even had a birthday coming up :blushing: )

And we need to decorate the house tonight, too. I say "we" because I'm going to outsource that job to Dh. :D

Yay for March birthdays. I outsourced the decorating, too. To DD. She loves doing stuff like that, so when we got home from the trampoline park the table was set and everything was festive.
  • Like 8

I pushed through and did all three of my critiques for the week ahead and sent them off. I half-way hope one of the writers writes me back about her story. I could talk character archetype for hours, and I didn't feel I could get into solutions for tough characters in a critique but would love the opportunity to talk about it later.

We'll see.

• Like 3

I talked with two people who have fancy-pants jobs and I have a plan for my future that is better than the current plan and I'm excited about it! But it's going to be hard. But not too hard. But a little hard.

Do you think that my kids will be inspired by my going back and getting a technical qualification, as I was watching my mom go to college? I was like, "Oh hells no to this poverty crap I want to get my degree right away before I have kids" and I want my kids to be "oh hells no to this insanity I am going to get a technical degree in college so I don't have to do management"?

• Like 7

I talked with two people who have fancy-pants jobs and I have a plan for my future that is better than the current plan and I'm excited about it! But it's going to be hard. But not too hard. But a little hard.

Do you think that my kids will be inspired by my going back and getting a technical qualification, as I was watching my mom go to college? I was like, "Oh hells no to this poverty crap I want to get my degree right away before I have kids" and I want my kids to be "oh hells no to this insanity I am going to get a technical degree in college so I don't have to do management"?

Yay for a good plan!! A little hard is good!!
  • Like 3

Yes, that was a good book!! I love Erik Larson’s books. I recently finished “The Devil in the White Cityâ€

Apparently literally all 300+ million Americans have read that book because whenever I ask people about reading Dead Wake they mention having read "The Devil in the White City". I'm behind.

• Like 1

Apparently literally all 300+ million Americans have read that book because whenever I ask people about reading Dead Wake they mention having read "The Devil in the White City". I'm behind.

I have literally not read either book, and I have literally no clue what they're about. 

And I'm using the literal meaning of 'literally' there.

Then and again, I'm technically not an American, so, I guess this doesn't mean much. 

• Like 5

I have literally not read either book, and I have literally no clue what they're about. 

And I'm using the literal meaning of 'literally' there.

Then and again, I'm technically not an American, so, I guess this doesn't mean much. 

Larson is an excellent writer. He is the sort of writer whose personal style is completely unnoticeable. The story and sentences just flow.

• Like 2

As much as I loved “Dead Wake†And “Devil in the White Cityâ€,â€In the Garden of Beasts†https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Beasts-Terror-American-Hitlers/dp/030740885X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521348207&sr=8-1&keywords=in+the+garden+of+beasts+by+erik+larson is my favorite Erik Larson book. His writing is downright heady.

Edited by KrissiK

Dd went to the dentist this morning.  The dentist was getting on her for having weak enamel and was telling her to brush and floss more.  I had to stop him and tell him that it was not due to a lack of dental hygiene on her part (I know she does everything as she is supposed to on that).  It is a celiac thing. 

Can you expound on the celiac/weak enamel connection, please?

eta: I'm sure I'll reach your post within the next week or so...

page 2872

Edited by Renai

I vroom-vroomed (vacuumed).  How much time should we give the puppy before she's made my house look like a hurricane of paper scraps hit?  (She gets into the recycling). 

This was actually one thing in my quest for inner peace.  Inner peace apparently likes clean floors. 

Gymnast does this. But, it doesn't even have to be paper. Just...anything...ripped up and/or thrown all over the floor. Her idea of inner peace and dh's and I's idea, do not match. At all. 

• Like 3

SOmeone decided he wanted to wake up at four to be super productice and then changed his mind after the alarm went off and now I’m awake and he’s still in bed and I want to go beat him with a pillow. I don’t know how many times we’ve had this conversation in the last thirteen years. 😡

My bad wife moment: Gymnast was a baby, nursing all night (it seemed), and dh kept snoring. When I FINALLY got to sleep, he woke me up, thinking something was wrong with me (I guess I talked, or something, don't know). He dropped right back to sleep, and started snoring, loudly, AGAIN. No amount of turning him over helped. I. Could. Not. Sleep. I kicked him out of bed. Literally. I pushed him with my feet...several times...hard...until he fell out. I was a wee bit upset.

• Like 9

There's a writing contest coming up in April. One of the questions I have to answer with my submission is whether I am pro-Oxford comma or anti-Oxford comma. 

I am anti. :leaving:

I do have my reasons.

:svengo:

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 3

Seriously, unless there is construction dirt or major funk going on, don't hand wash sheets by hand. Even the plunger in a bathtub routine is challenging.

I'm trying to catch up on laundry today. I was doing well until I saw a stream of ants going up and down the curtains in a couple of bedrooms. I should've been warned when I saw pest control visiting the neighbor's house. Now ants are trying to move in here. I'm putting out some bait traps and I'm washing everything in sight and putting out borax traps (to lure them to the poison) and peppermint (to keep them out of other areas in the house). #antmegeddon2018

:grouphug: