Menu

Ignore this thread!

I thought you found out just this week that the bible doesn't like coffee?

It's a little early for wine, though, no? On the West Coast, anyway.

We swam at Auntie's. Dinner is leftovers. I'm chilling on the couch with the kitty.

#shouldbecleaning

• Like 5

I'm making pulled pork. It smells yummy.

I'm also playing on my computer making doodle notes to use with BFSU. I don't know if I'm actually going to complete any and use them yet. I'm just playing.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hi. I churched with Dd. The boys (including Dh who is the pastor) stayed home. Dh is sick. Ds is recovering from being defanged. Dd and I went out for lunch afterwards.

I'm home. I'm catching up on the forum before tackling my house which has some kind of super sped up entropy thing going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I have cooked fried chicken and fried okra. Making mashed potatoes. I may or may not be in need of comfort food.

I have not had fried chicken in a decade.   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

Who has the stealth copter?  I need a ride.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

I have not had fried chicken in over a decade.    :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:

It's a little tricky to make GF fried chicken. I'm experimenting with the breading still. Looking for that crunch that isn't chewy, and it isn't easy to get that right.

• Like 2

It's a little tricky to make GF fried chicken. I'm experimenting with the breading still. Looking for that crunch that isn't chewy, and it isn't easy to get that right.

When you get it just right, let me know.  :)

• Like 1

***Educational post alert***  Actually, a question.

Before I go swimming in the seas (or search the seas, because I think it's been asked before....)

Tell me about "graduation date" for taking the ACT, PSAT, etc.  

So, 15yo ds could be a sophomore or a junior (so, could graduate 2020 or 2019).  I'm registering him for the September ACT.  I can't decide which grad date to put.  If I keep it 2020, and he ends up graduating 2019, no one cares right?  

And for the PSAT, - we either call him 2020 and if he by some chance got NMS, we could tell them he's actually a junior?  Or we could call him a junior and if he makes it he makes it and if he doesn't he doesn't.  

If it sounds like I'm rambling, yes, I kind of am.  But if you can find my question in there, please feel free to answer it.   :D

I'd go with 2020 - it's easier to push up a graduation than "delay" it a year. Well, it's true in my head. Reality might be different. :D

I also don't think they care. Colleges probably want to know when to start the bombardment.

There was a thread on this on the high school board.  The really smart people said the same thing Susan said.  The copycats. :glare:

• Like 5

That used to make me so angry when I was a kid in Virginia. We lived east of the Blue Ridge Pkwy, and if snow was coming from the west, we never got it! 

What's funny is that DH expects it to change every summer. Nope. He stands out on the porch and watches the storms go by and fumes about how they never turn in and stay for a while. Then goes and washes his truck. That makes it rain, you know. :laugh:

• Like 6

I think I may be ready for the ultimate committment...binding all the planners! 😱🤓🤣😮😬🤤🕴🕺ðŸ»ðŸ‘©ðŸ»â€ðŸŽ¤ðŸ‘©ðŸ¼â€ðŸ«ðŸ‘©ðŸ¼â€ðŸ’»ðŸ’ƒðŸ»ðŸ¦„🥔ðŸ»ðŸ¤¹ðŸ¼â€â™€ï¸ðŸ—½â›ªï¸ðŸ›ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ˜¶

As you can see, I have complicated emotions about this.

Reported.

This educational post did not contain a warning.  I'm traumatized by people committing to their plans for fall.   :svengo:

:hat:

• Like 9

I haven't turned the tablet on. :leaving: MOST of the books are fine, including *my* Bible. :001_wub: One of my Jewish bibles is stained but okay. They were stacked by size and the bottom one is toast, but it was a hand me down and will be cheap to replace.

Thanks for caring!

I'll make a list.

Books and tablet.  You can have her clean books and a tablet....

• Like 2

I worked. I'm so tired. And nothing got done around here while I was gone this morning other than animals. So I've got laundry going and took out the garbage, and maybe I can get something to eat for lunch now. I had breakfast at noon.

It's the first day of Camp NaNo and I doubt I get a word written today. That's okay; I planned to take my work days off of writing, but coming after a week of work and no time or energy to write, I'm just weary, tired and discouraged from the outset. Hopefully food and a better smell (clothes were stinky) will make me feel a little more hopeful.

First "movie" I remember was Bambi at a drive-in theater. First theater movie (in a building) was The Return of the Jedi.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Imagine the hugs are a really comfy bed with waterfall sounds close by.  Rest....

• Like 2

I hate Oreo cookies, too. But I can't have them anymore, so  :001_smile:. One food I will never, ever miss.

I like Oreos.  Especially if I can peel off the filling and eat just the cookie.

• Like 2

I wrote the flylady missions for next week in my bullet journal. Maybe I'll actually do them now.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Flylady posted something on her home page about bathrooms smelling pretty, followed immediately by "Are you prepared to evacuate in an emergency?"

I thought it was quite resourceful to come up with a plan and preparation for sudden dashes to the bathroom....

• Like 2

Dh's car will cost $1,100 to fix to pass the emissions test. Oh fafsa.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Have you taken it someplace else for a second opinion?

I thought it was quite resourceful to come up with a plan and preparation for sudden dashes to the bathroom....

Which is why, at the first sign of stomach twinges, I grab the soap and the scrubber and clean the bathroom. Stock the paper, get fresh towels, and all that. Got to be prepared for sudden dashes an all that...

• Like 3

How does Poldark compare to Downton Abbey?  If I liked one would I like the other?

I did none of the things today. Church...nap....wandering aimlessly at new grocery store just because...dinner that I didn't cook...couch. That's about all.

I've finished the easy to do projects in my house. Now it's time to be motivated for the hard jobs. They are scary. So many boxes to sort through and Goodwill, throw away, put away...decisions to be made,....stuff to do! I think I'll just buy new color coded towels for everyone instead. That will simplify laundry and I can pretend to be productive. Or maybe I'll waste time by planting a window herb garden. 

• Like 6

I think ITT island should have a test kitchen. I volunteer to taste test the gf flab-shrinking nutella crepes. Because I'm selfless like that. ðŸ˜

:lol: I'm in!

There was a thread on this on the high school board.  The really smart people said the same thing Susan said.  The copycats. :glare:

:hat: :D

NaNo count update: 3,025. Now I can go to sleep.

:hurray:

How does Poldark compare to Downton Abbey?  If I liked one would I like the other?

I haven't seen all of Downton Abby, but iir, it had more compelling story lines than Poldark.

• Like 2

I think I may be ready for the ultimate committment...binding all the planners! 😱🤓🤣😮😬🤤🕴🕺ðŸ»ðŸ‘©ðŸ»â€ðŸŽ¤ðŸ‘©ðŸ¼â€ðŸ«ðŸ‘©ðŸ¼â€ðŸ’»ðŸ’ƒðŸ»ðŸ¦„🥔ðŸ»ðŸ¤¹ðŸ¼â€â™€ï¸ðŸ—½â›ªï¸ðŸ›ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ˜¶

As you can see, I have complicated emotions about this.

This is giving me a panic attack.

• Like 3

Flylady posted something on her home page about bathrooms smelling pretty, followed immediately by "Are you prepared to evacuate in an emergency?"

And this is just.....ew.

MOMMM!!!  Potty talk!!!  

• Like 3

I went to a summer orchestra for college students/recent graduates. A friend of mine is playing and asked if I wanted to join them. And ds22 wanted to play, too. It was fun - we're playing Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony which is one of my favorites. It has the best ending to a symphony ever.

Did I tell y'all about how Tchaikovsky used to have nightmares of being chased by sharps and flats? Well, I think parts of this symphony must be his way of dealing with his demons. :D I need to sit closer to the music to catch them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xEHNGgrEYyA

(From 1974, but still one of the best. If you go to 43:00 you can hear the awesome ending. But just watching Bernstein conduct makes me a little giddy. :) He conducted without a score.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 9

I went to a summer orchestra for college students/recent graduates. A friend of mine is playing and asked if I wanted to join them. And ds22 wanted to play, too. It was fun - we're playing Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony which is one of my favorites. It has the best ending to a symphony ever.

Did I tell y'all about how Tchaikovsky used to have nightmares of being chased by sharps and flats? Well, I think parts of this symphony must be his way of dealing with his demons. :D I need to sit closer to the music to catch them.

(From 1974, but still one of the best. If you go to 44:00 you can hear the awesome ending. But just watching Bernstein conduct makes me a little giddy. :) He conducted without a score.)

Jaw drop.

• Like 4

(From 1974, but still one of the best. If you go to 43:00 you can hear the awesome ending. But just watching Bernstein conduct makes me a little giddy. :) He conducted without a score.)

Wow. That was exciting. He was fun to watch, too.

• Like 1

***Just slightly educational post ahead***

REPORTED

I read some Beast Academy samples outloud to Gymnast at bedtime last night. She liked it. She wanted to stay up to figure out the quadrilaterals, but I made her lie DOWN because I'm mean.

***Just slightly educational post ended***

ETA: Because I would never make my children lie, just lie down.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 7