Menu

Ignore this thread!

Coffee has been consumed.

Goat has been cleaned.

Laundry has been started.

Beds stripped by DS.

Toilets and sinks cleaned.

Shower curtain taken down for bleaching.

Coffee has been consumed.

More coffee is being consumed.

I guess I feel better today. :D

• Like 11

It's the start of a new school year today. Not that that means anything.

Same here. I picked kids up from camp, then drove to another library on the way home (10/38) while they chattered about camp, then listened to an audiobook (Fish in a Tree) on the way home from the library, then gave the kids a bath. So, I guess we got about half an hour of literature in, right? They're now playing on their iPads, because I need a break (pouring rain on unfamiliar roads = stressful driving, Broccoli's aversion to actually rinsing shampoo out of his hair = not fun either).

What I always thought was weird was that my dad loved to watch movies on tv once we got a tv  (Yes, I remember life before we had a tv.  We got our black and white specifically to watch the moon landing.)  So he wasn't against movies themselves.  It was the public viewing house.  I always figured it was a quirk of his generation and more particularly his austere farmhouse upbringing. 

My guess was that it might have to do with what some people do during the movies (put an arm around their girlfriend's shoulder, maybe even make out a little)... that that's the big danger (either being a participant or witnessing it). But then Ivy mentioned it's something else, which is entirely illogical (to me, at least). I don't remember any of my grandparents (born during the '10s and the '20s) going to the movies, but I think they just thought it was a waste of money when you can just watch TV at home. 

• Like 3

Pannekoeken Huis!

I remember that place! Those ladies rushing through the restaurant to get the oven pancake to the table before it fell and yelling so no one would get in the way of the burning hot pan! I think I went there only once or twice but I sure remember the food! So so yummy!

• Like 1

So, we swung by the lost & found on the way out of camp, just because I can't be sure unless I check for myself and checking lost & found is a lot easier than going through their bags. One of Broccoli's towels was there, dirty and soaked. Then he says he just left it because it was too heavy.  :huh: I made him carry it to the car anyway. 

In the car, Celery says he's not wearing socks because he only had one pair of socks - the socks he was wearing when he went to camp, and those got wet. I only packed 8-9 pairs of socks for him (packing list said 8 pairs, but I think I might have thrown in extra because of all the predicted rain). How do you overlook 8+ pairs of socks? They're not that tiny (and yes, I would've had him pack his own bag, if it weren't for the fact that his clothes were still all over the place thanks to the move - I had trouble finding certain things, so it was not a good year to have him pack his own stuff for the first time - but he definitely will be packing his own bags next year, I don't care *what* the situation is).

• Like 3

Groceries are put away. Lunch has been eaten (leftovers and nectarines). The pantry has been dealt with. The mint and cilantro are planted. The pathetic hydrangea has been relocated. Many weeds and misc growing things have met their demise. I saw a friendly earthworm.

• Like 6

You don't have to mop.

If you're really worried about your floor, you could get a new puppy, he could spill his water, and you could wipe it up with rags he's been playing with. 😳😜

See ? :D. THIS is why I addressed my comment to Lynn.

:wub:

• Like 8

I'm back from Aldi and Kroger - Kroger has unsweetened coconut milk and Aldi only carries sweetened. Did I tell you all that I've decided to have us go dairy free for July instead of gluten free? Mainly because I know there are milk allergies all over the place and we might as well start with what we know. The kids already drink coconut milk, but I am eliminating the other dairy stuff - sour cream, butter, cheese, yogurt. The kids don't know yet - we'll see how long it takes ds12 to go into a panic over the absence of cheese. :D

Well, see, if you had an Instant Pot, you could make yogurt with your coconut milk. :D

• Like 1

Laundry. Normally my kids don't put stuff in their pockets, but, with camp and all, I decided to make sure to check them this time. I found a (full-sized, not travel sized) tube of toothpaste in Celery's pocket. Glad I caught that (though I might have noticed even without checking pockets). What's the weirdest thing y'all have found in your kids' pockets?

I have returned. I picked up Dancer from camp and she was so chill, I asked her what they were given to smoke. We went to the store to get snacks, stopped by the house where it took her 30 minutes to repack, and then I took her to the church to drop her off. They will be getting back on Wednesday.

• Like 8

You mean, you didn't make a summer work list in your bullet journal?

No.

You sound like Slache.   :D

It's a "yell like Slache booyah!"

#NOH

I told you, lists help me think.

I didn't say they help me DO.

Give it to DH.

• Like 4

I just tried Burning Cargo, and made it all the way to Europe before deciding I needed to stop. Now, if only I could find a desk or table for Celery to sit at, he could play it too (I played it with my laptop on my lap, which is probably not the best way to learn typing - to be clear, we have both a desk *and* a table, but they're still in the box city part of the house). 

• Like 2

Panera has a gf cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the cross contamination in the store bother you (physically)?  

I once got very sick from smelling Panera bread.  I didn't even go in the store.  It was just a loaf of bread that sat in our car for a few minutes on a very hot day.  I opened the car door and Bam! I immediately felt ill.  It took me weeks to get over it.  :(

I'm going to go google it, though, because I'm curious.   :hat:

Does the cross contamination in the store bother you (physically)?

I once got very sick from smelling Panera bread. I didn't even go in the store. It was just a loaf of bread that sat in our car for a few minutes on a very hot day. I opened the car door and Bam! I immediately felt ill. It took me weeks to get over it. :(

I'm going to go google it, though, because I'm curious. :hat:

You can't eat the cookie because they bake the bread there, just like the car. Right?

You can't eat the cookie because they bake the bread there, just like the car. Right?

If it's baked at another location and factory sealed, I *might* be able to eat it.  If it's made in the store I wouldn't take a chance*.  

*Unless I was feeling unusually hungry and stupid at the same time.  I have been known to make bad gluten choices from time to time.  My kids usually save me from stupidity, though.  "Mom, you shouldn't eat that.  Remember how you always feel sick when you eat that?"   :glare:

• Like 5

I worked. I'm so tired. And nothing got done around here while I was gone this morning other than animals. So I've got laundry going and took out the garbage, and maybe I can get something to eat for lunch now. I had breakfast at noon.

It's the first day of Camp NaNo and I doubt I get a word written today. That's okay; I planned to take my work days off of writing, but coming after a week of work and no time or energy to write, I'm just weary, tired and discouraged from the outset. Hopefully food and a better smell (clothes were stinky) will make me feel a little more hopeful.

First "movie" I remember was Bambi at a drive-in theater. First theater movie (in a building) was The Return of the Jedi.

• Like 5