Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd18 got her braces off this morning! She is so happy, and had a lot of fun eating lunch! :D

Whew. The morning is over. Now I need to get up the gumption to do a couple things before leaving for Dress Rehearsal.

Yay for beautiful, straight smiles.
  • Like 1

Well, they referred dd to an ear nose and throat doc, so it's looking like she might have to get her tonsils out, assuming her platelet numbers stay normal. It's just one thing after another for this kid and I hate what it's doing to her spirits. She's getting to the point where she cries as soon as a dr starts talking to her and I don't blame her.

:grouphug:

Gymnast had fun at soccer camp. She's a funny creature; right before new activities she gets really nervous. As we were walking to the field, she started saying her stomach hurt and didn't think she'd be able to run. Within 5 minutes, she'd made a friend. A little girl came up, and one of the coaches told them to greet one another. The little girl said, "Hi, I'm Suzy. I'm 6.5 years old. What's your name?" It was the cutest thing on the planet. Gymnast introduced herself and they walked away hand in hand.  :laugh:  Six year olds. Why isn't life always that easy?

We went to the park to get a school lunch. I had no idea they did it at the park. They were grilling hot dogs and burgers. I met up with a couple of old homeschool friends of mine. I hadn't seen one of them in 2 years. We caught up, Gymnast played at the park, we got home, I took a 15 minute nap, and now I'm off to take them to the dentist for a cleaning.

See ya!

• Like 6

Well, they referred dd to an ear nose and throat doc, so it's looking like she might have to get her tonsils out, assuming her platelet numbers stay normal. It's just one thing after another for this kid and I hate what it's doing to her spirits. She's getting to the point where she cries as soon as a dr starts talking to her and I don't blame her.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: Poor kiddo. :( 

My friend made it to the restaurant in time. We got to visit for one hour and 20 minutes.

In other news one of my chronic problems has gone from chronic to acute. I'm trying to keep out of the ER. I'm trying to tell myself that that's a worthy goal and to not fret about not getting anything else done. (I've ridden in this rodeo before and know what to do. If not, I know where the ER is. And if it subsides even a little bit but is still bugging me enough, tomorrow and the next day is already scheduled to be visiting with my doctors so I will let them in on the secret.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

My friend made it to the restaurant in time. We got to visit for one hour and 20 minutes.

In other news one of my chronic problems has gone from chronic to acute. I'm trying to keep out of the ER. I'm trying to tell myself that that's a worthy goal and to not fret about not getting anything else done. (I've ride in this rodeo before and know what to do. If not, I know where the ER is. And if it subsides even a little bit but is still bugging me enough, tomorrow and the next day is already scheduled to be visiting with my doctors so I will let them in on the secret.)

Liking didn't seem appropriate, so best wishes to you!

• Like 3

I am alive.  We took a day trip as a family on Saturday, and it was LOVELY.  The day trip wiped me out entirely, and I'm still not caught up.

This morning started off with having to buy tennis shoes at 7am at the 24h Walmart because ds's feet literally grew overnight and he couldn't get shoes on for an activity he needed to be at at 8.  Aaaaah, Mondays....

• Like 5

I have been on Shutterfly all $&^%# day. I get like this sometimes.... I get started on a project and then I just immerse myself. I am so far behind in my "scrapbooking". Summers are my only chance to catch up, sort of, but my goodness, I just get hooked. I did the entirety of 2013 in 4 days and sent it off last night. Then, I found my 2010 pictures and started another book and I'm 3/4 of the way done. Of course, I've gotten nothing else done and the kids could have committed murder for all I've been paying attention to them today.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

SIL from Canada just showed up unannounced. Refused to come in. Talked to me for ten minutes at the door then shoved a frozen fish in my hands.

Seriously?? What are you supposed to do with a frozen fish??
  • Like 1

SIL from Canada just showed up unannounced. Refused to come in. Talked to me for ten minutes at the door then shoved a frozen fish in my hands. 

I don't know whether to laugh or raise my eyebrows. I'm trying to figure out what a frozen fish might mean. I'm kind of thinking it's like in the south when a neighbor shows up to chat but leave a bag of overgrown okra behind.

• Like 5

Krissi, I like to scrapbook, too, but I've not done digital books before.  I am way behind.  I've only done one book since dd6 was born -- her baby book.  I used to do one book per year per kid!!

I probably should start digital scrapbooking, because it seems faster, but then the later books won't look the same as the first ones.  And I have enough OCD in me that it would bother me.

• Like 4

Pretty typical Filipino. Or perhaps just typical for dh's family. I have no idea what kind of fish. Not a salmon. I'm guessing milkfish in English. Dh will know. And he can prepare it if he wants.

That's interesting.  I know some Filipinos, but I don't know them well.  I'm just trying to picture my SIL driving for a few hours to see me and then not even coming into the house.  Of course, my kids would bombard her and drag her into the house.  :)

• Like 3

Krissi, I like to scrapbook, too, but I've not done digital books before. I am way behind. I've only done one book since dd6 was born -- her baby book. I used to do one book per year per kid!!

I probably should start digital scrapbooking, because it seems faster, but then the later books won't look the same as the first ones. And I have enough OCD in me that it would bother me.

It does bother me. My first ones are traditionally scrap booked. But... for me it came down to "will it get done?" And I don't have the time or the space to traditionally scrapbook. And the cutting and gluing and stickers and everything else. Shutterfly is great. For me. It's quick, no mess and I just do simple layouts... no fuss.

I am struggling with my two youngest. I did want at least one traditional book for them, because all the other kids have one, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I think I'll do theirs digitally, too.

• Like 5

That's interesting. I know some Filipinos, but I don't know them well. I'm just trying to picture my SIL driving for a few hours to see me and then not even coming into the house. Of course, my kids would bombard her and drag her into the house. :)

She didn't come down just to see me. I was one stop on her round of southern relatives. To give them all fish.

• Like 8

I wish it was October.

Mid-October.  The temps here drop a good 10 degrees in mid-October.

We are now getting a deluge.  Honestly, I just saw a toad on a carriage float by in our front ditch, followed by a rat and a mole rowing furiously in a small skiff.  The current has got them all however, so they are on their way to the BIG DITCH at the end of the cul-de-sac.

• Like 4

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Mid-October.  The temps here drop a good 10 degrees in mid-October.

We are now getting a deluge.  Honestly, I just saw a toad on a carriage float by in our front ditch, followed by a rat and a mole rowing furiously in a small skiff.  The current has got them all however, so they are on their way to the BIG DITCH at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Your deluge sounds like the one we had last week.  Dd14 helped rescue two toads out of our window well.  And the Big Ditch at the end of the cul-de-sac?  That's where we live.  :)

• Like 2

My firstborn has a paper scrapbook with typed captions and $$$ in stickers.  My thirdborn has a mini album with some scrawls. Kids 4&5 have nothing.  My firstborn also has a hand stitched, hand quilted quilt.  My third born has one of those kits from JoAnns with squares, machine done in an afternoon.  Kid4 actually has a mini-quilt, because bedrest. Kid5 has nothing.  

My catch-up plan? Give everyone a digital album of photos of them birth-18 when they graduate. That will work, right? And I have family albums to do until then.

• Like 6

My firstborn has a paper scrapbook with typed captions and $$$ in stickers. My thirdborn has a mini album with some scrawls. Kids 4&5 have nothing. My firstborn also has a hand stitched, hand quilted quilt. My third born has one of those kits from JoAnns with squares, machine done in an afternoon. Kid4 actually has a mini-quilt, because bedrest. Kid5 has nothing.

My catch-up plan? Give everyone a digital album of photos of them birth-18 when they graduate. That will work, right? And I have family albums to do until then.

When we first got the boys I was out of control. Totally!! I did yearly traditionally scrapped photo albums for each kid. I started to do that with DD until I realized that if I kept that up they would have 18 huge albums to haul around with them and are they likely to do that? Ha! Now, I've been making yearly family albums.

And your catch-up plan is perfect. I think I will copy you.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Mid-October. The temps here drop a good 10 degrees in mid-October.

We are now getting a deluge. Honestly, I just saw a toad on a carriage float by in our front ditch, followed by a rat and a mole rowing furiously in a small skiff. The current has got them all however, so they are on their way to the BIG DITCH at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Mid-October is perfect here, too. The days are shorter, but still warm. Nights are cool. Although even September brings some relief. The days are noticeably shorter, so while it may get hot in the daytime, the nights are quite pleasant. There is nothing worse than it being 85 degrees at 10:00pm. It's oppressive.
  • Like 2

Sending her big, big bear hugs. Gentle bear hugs. :grouphug:

• Like 1

In other news one of my chronic problems has gone from chronic to acute. I'm trying to keep out of the ER. I'm trying to tell myself that that's a worthy goal and to not fret about not getting anything else done. (I've ridden in this rodeo before and know what to do. If not, I know where the ER is. And if it subsides even a little bit but is still bugging me enough, tomorrow and the next day is already scheduled to be visiting with my doctors so I will let them in on the secret.)

Stay strong, Jean! :grouphug:

• Like 1

I have been on Shutterfly all $&^%# day. I get like this sometimes.... I get started on a project and then I just immerse myself. I am so far behind in my "scrapbooking". Summers are my only chance to catch up, sort of, but my goodness, I just get hooked. I did the entirety of 2013 in 4 days and sent it off last night. Then, I found my 2010 pictures and started another book and I'm 3/4 of the way done. Of course, I've gotten nothing else done and the kids could have committed murder for all I've been paying attention to them today.

Want to do mine? They go back to...2006?

• Like 2

Something tells me you didn't just make this up for our amusement. :LOL: So bizarre.

• Like 2

Pretty typical Filipino. Or perhaps just typical for dh's family. I have no idea what kind of fish. Not a salmon. I'm guessing milkfish in English. Dh will know. And he can prepare it if he wants.

No. Totally Filipino. I didn't even have to look at your profile pic to know who posted.

Fish, eh? In what culture do people randomly drop by and give you chocolate?

Asking for a friend.

French.

I'm over easy.

Brown chicken brown cow!

• Like 2

What a day!

I don't think I told you guys that my crown came off the first day of our trip.  I talked to my dentist (good friend) and found out how to survive until we got home.  I have an appointment Thursday.  The bookkeeper emailed to let me know we no longer had insurance coverage.  (I knew it changed when dh retired, but didn't realize we didn't have a replacement).  Turns out retirement board forgot to tell us about the dental insurance and we forgot to ask.  So, I got to call about that today and get that going (and get the 12month wait policy for major work, like crowns, waived.  Thank goodness.

Now, dh and I (I'm the morale support) are on hold to talk to AT&T about fraudulent charges on his account.  We've been transferred a couple times and hung up on once.  This has been going on for an hour.  We need a flame thrower, asap!   

We also cleaned out our spice / baking stuff cabinets while he was on hold.  

Fun times.   :hat:

• Like 7