Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dh has been complaining of dizziness lately - it started in NYC, which he thought was from all the up and down in tall buildings, but it is still with him a week later. He also said his joints are hurting. He is afraid he has lyme disease. Hopefully he will get to the doctor and get checked out this week.

I am still waiting on ds21 to find out if he has had the ttg (celiac) test done. He is sometimes slow to get to these kinds of things.

Our 26th anniversary is on Thursday, but we went out for dinner tonight because I/we will be tied up with the Beauty and the Beast show all week. We got an appetizer of bacon wrapped, goat cheese filled figs and shared a super delicious strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert. With ice cream. :D I am so stuffed.

:grouphug: I hope he gets better soon.

• Like 1

Dh has been complaining of dizziness lately - it started in NYC, which he thought was from all the up and down in tall buildings, but it is still with him a week later. He also said his joints are hurting. He is afraid he has lyme disease. Hopefully he will get to the doctor and get checked out this week.

I am still waiting on ds21 to find out if he has had the ttg (celiac) test done. He is sometimes slow to get to these kinds of things.

Our 26th anniversary is on Thursday, but we went out for dinner tonight because I/we will be tied up with the Beauty and the Beast show all week. We got an appetizer of bacon wrapped, goat cheese filled figs and shared a super delicious strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert. With ice cream. :D I am so stuffed.

:grouphug:  Does your dh have any other symptoms?

Susan -- any chance it's related to a viral infection?  Dh had terrible dizziness last spring caused, in the end, by a virus affecting his inner ear.  He had joint pain too; I was afraid at first he was having a stroke. It passed after a few weeks.  I think he may have been given exercises/positions to help his ear.... I can't recall if he did them much though.  

ETA:  And Happy Anniversary!

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 2

Ellie - you have been quite busy!!!

Susan - hope your DH feels better soon and it is not Lyme disease

Critter - :grouphug:

Jeannie - now you got me singing the theme song and wanting a Firebird.

I love guacamole!

and to everyone else...... lots of loves!

I'm typing on the PC tonight, so i have a ton of emojis. I love this. I'm usually on my iPad and I don't have squat on that thing.

• Like 5

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Alex won't go to sleep!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Mamaaaaaaaa!"

"Go to sleep."

"But Alex is yelling!"

"Go to seep."

"Ahhhh!"

I do not have a solution for this. He's yelling happily. I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

• Like 4

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Alex won't go to sleep!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Mamaaaaaaaa!"

"Go to sleep."

"But Alex is yelling!"

"Go to seep."

"Ahhhh!"

I do not have a solution for this. He's yelling happily. I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

Ear plugs!!!

• Like 2

:grouphug:  Does your dh have any other symptoms?

Susan -- any chance it's related to a viral infection?  Dh had terrible dizziness last spring caused, in the end, by a virus affecting his inner ear.  He had joint pain too; I was afraid at first he was having a stroke. It passed after a few weeks.  I think he may have been given exercises/positions to help his ear.... I can't recall if he did them much though.  

ETA:  And Happy Anniversary!

Thanks!

He's not having other symptoms. He been bitten by a couple of ticks in the past couple weeks (no ring/rash around bite), and that makes him worry about lyme's. I'm hoping he'll stop by the clinic to get checked out - sure could be something with his ears - he tends to have a lot of seasonal allergies. :)

• Like 3

nobody is taking this thread seriously!

I am battling Shutterfly right now. I got a bee in my bonnet to get caught up on photo albums, and I really need to go to bed, but I just want to do a couple more pages and the website is sooooooo sloooooowwwww!

• Like 6

I have been super busy tonight. Grocery shopping then putting away groceries. Then cleaning the kitchen and running the dishwasher. Then cooking taco meat. Then making dh's and Ds' lunches. Then cleaning up the kitchen again. Then putting out the garbage for tomorrow's pickup. I still have to make dh's breakfast for tomorrow but I will do that right before bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Good morning. Up early teaching classes and I wish I was in bed. 
Spent a very hot and humid day at Silver Dollar City and I'm exhausted. 

Also, watching my mother-in-law on a motorized scooter in a crowded area is nothing short of terrifying. I can't begin to tell you how many times she nearly ran over my kid. I didn't even try to count the times she nearly maimed and crippled other park-goers. My new trick is to let Riv lead the way to whatever she wants and don't look behind me. haha 

• Like 8

I want these:

http://amongfriends.us/

They look interesting, but I'm having a lot of trouble making sense of that website.  It LOOKS like there are 5 books, but there's a bundle for "all 7" that only shows the covers of the 5.  There are also older and newer versions of some, and I can't seem to find any tables of contents to indicate the changes between the two versions, or the differences between the 5 or 7 books.  How would someone who wanted to buy just one make up their mind which one to get?

• Like 2

I should go to the grocery store.

I will do so later today, and the kids will be required to go with me so I can lessen the driving involved.  Annual check-ups at the doctor's for the girls, then grocery shopping.

I have been awake since 3:30 this morning after going to sleep about 9:30 last night.  DH was snoring loudly and had more things with little blinky lights in our bedroom, and the cat was on top of me ("you left me overnight again!").  I couldn't get back to sleep, though I would have had any ONE of these not been there.  *sigh*  I am now quite the grumpy pants and have growled at all of my immediate family.  I sent a text to the 3 of them after fighting to get the top rack removed from the dishwasher (someone put a cookie sheet in, which got caught in the track for the upper rack, which made it near impossible to get either rack out and required actually removing the upper rack -- quite a battle -- to get the cookie sheet out).  Then I growled at the kids about certain common sense aspects of loading the dishwasher for more efficient washing and less work overall.  Then I reiterated my ongoing demand that attention be paid to WHERE clean dishes go when unloading and how simply leaving clean dishes on the counter amidst the dirty ones no one bothered to load only causes them to get dirty again, causing more work.

And then I informed them they will be coming with me to the grocery store because I don't want to drive home to drop them off and then head out again.

Growl snarl snap chew fussfussfuss....

There's also quite the mess from our weekend trip, more assignments for ME regarding the upcoming clan trip, and all of the summer school work still to get going.  I guarantee I will NOT be the only one tidying up around here, or there will be a lot of sudden boxes heading for the thrift store.

To top if off shortly after we got home yesterday DH texted me from upstairs to inform me my cat had yacked while we were gone.  He didn't clean it up -- just waited for me to do so.  It was all dry, so I just picked up bits and am leaving shampooing the carpet spots until later.  Because I'm tired and crabby and my knee was acting up yesterday.

Okay, I think I'm done with my pity party.  Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like 6

I got guacamole. That's made out of avocados. And I got Theo's chocolate. That's as close as I can get to chocolate cake.

STILL out of likes, so LIKE!  (I can't do argh likes right now because they keep coming out like Charlie Brown hollering in frustration).

Guac is good.  Theo's chocolate is medicine -- remember it is best not to skip a dose.   :laugh:

• Like 3

"Well it's a marvelous night for a moondance

With the stars up above in your eyes!

A fantabulous night to make romance

'Neath the cover of October skies!"

Just sayin'! :coolgleamA:

It's June.

Simple:

'Neath the cover of summertime skies

Fixed.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 4

I have to get a dr appt for dd (so many dr appts this year and they all set her worrying!) bc her tonsils have been crazy swollen for over a month now even though she's not sick. I hope she doesn't have to get them out. Her anxiety was just slowly ratcheting down...she needs less health things to worry about, not more.

Some for your DD, too:   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Now I'm going to go hug my own children.

• Like 2

I'm trying to get sorted out as to whether the boys get a shot today or not. I thought yes. Appointment was made based on information I was given at that time. They called me this morning and said no. I thought, "Great!" Then I looked at my calendar and said, "No--they are wrong, or they gave me the wrong information." So I have a call in at the office to see which one of us is right.

No huge deal--it's an in/out sort of thing, but still.

Other than that, I live. I like my blackout curtains. My stomach doesn't feel like it's trying to kill me this morning. Time to catch up on weekend cleaning, the weekly schedule and so forth until I find out if I need to go for shots today or not.

• Like 6

Simple:

'Neath the cover of summertime skies

Fixed.   :coolgleamA:

But then you have to move/remove the quotes.

It's a "Messing with other people's quotes" BOOYAH!

BOEJA!

This is the thread that never ends :)

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 7

I wish it was October.

Hush!  It's finally gotten to my favorite time of year.   That time between spring and summer when it's warm to hot, but the flowers are still pretty and not burnt to a crisp.  Don't rush it. 

• Like 11

Gymnast is at soccer camp, Dancer stayed with her - sitting out of the way doing homework. I have the house to myself! I get to Konmarie! I wonder what they'll miss...

If your kids are anything like mine, go with the opposite of your gut instinct and you're good.  ;)

Just this morning I had to rescue a thesaurus out of the GoodWill bag.   :svengo:

• Like 7

Hi everyone. I'm waiting in the Big City for my seminary roommate to come join me for breakfast. Unfortunately she locked her keys in the car and AAA is being slow to rescue her. I'm hoping this works out since I have to get back to my side of the lake to pick ds up from college in a bit.

• Like 7

Dd18 got her braces off this morning! She is so happy, and had a lot of fun eating lunch! :D

Whew. The morning is over. Now I need to get up the gumption to do a couple things before leaving for Dress Rehearsal.

:party:  So great that she got them off before the big show!!!

• Like 3

NOOOOOO!!##!!

We just got through with winter. Let me just have a month of summer, please!

Well.... JJM did have a particularly rough winter. However, I would prefer to not deal with July and August around here. Days on end of 100 degrees+ temperatures.
  • Like 1