Menu

Ignore this thread!

In my family people come by and drop off 10-20lbs of froz beef. It's pretty sweet, but I still want Renai to adopt me.

I need to get rid of cucumbers. They are piling up in my fridge. I'm tempted to put them in plastic bags and tell my kids go go out and play "Ding-dong Ditch" and leave the bags on the neighbors' front porches.
  • Like 6

I need to get rid of cucumbers. They are piling up in my fridge. I'm tempted to put them in plastic bags and tell my kids go go out and play "Ding-dong Ditch" and leave the bags on the neighbors' front porches.

Or you can drive over to your relatives...

• Like 9

Good Tuesday Morning!

Coffee!!!

We normally don't do school in the summer, but dh and I decided that one person's math situation warrants summer work. And the youngest already has violin practice and might as well be required to read. I want to add a little math for her too when it gets here. And then ds needs to finish reading Treasure Island and start pre-reading for Challenge A, and maybe actually finish one of the grammar programs we tried this year. As a bonus, this extra work will delay their screen time each day. (15yo should finish Algebra 2 this week and then this may be his first summer in four or five that he won't be pre-reading literature books! - a well deserved break!)

We usually don't do summer school, either, but two kids have some major ketchupping up to do with math, so they will be doing it during the summer. And everyone will be doing Spanish with either Rosetta Stone or Duolingo. But that's fun, not like "real school".
  • Like 1

Potting training includes wiping their own butt??? Why didn't anyone tell me? Oh, well. Too late now. And all that time I thought my kid was trained because she made it to the toilet.

ETA: Wow. And that had to be a booya. smh

BOOYA_16352.jpg

I know, right?? I was wiping some butts for years. And now, doing laundry, I see I still should be wiping some butts. 😩😩😩
  • Like 4

#pottytrainingfailsolidarity

The next step is either going to have to be extravagant bribes or staring at his pantsless behind all.day.long. Waiting for that magic moment. So I'm uh...unschooling potty training at the mo...yeah, that's it...

I had to just give up on my strong-willed youngest for a while. I was like, "you want to wear pull-ups your entire life?? Go for it, child!!" And then one day, we got home from church and she said, "I want to wear panties, Mommy!" And that was it.
  • Like 6

Well, you should just come here, silly.

:seeya:

I know. But we prefer to just keep our heads stuck in the sand and pretend California isn't going to heck in a hand basket and DH may be losing his job in a couple of years, because it's easier than pulling up roots and trying to convince the parents to leave, too.😜😜

And this is a "Leave me alone with my Delusions" Booya/h!!

I knew if I kept posting I'd catch that sneaky little Booya/h sometime.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I'm not kidding. I'm known at work to walk up to random people and give a massage. I'm good at it, too. :D

And you're going to move closer to me, right?   :w00t:

• Like 1

Things are worse. Doctor isn't open yet but once he is, I am seeking medical treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

These are not pickling cucumbers. They are Japanese cucumbers for eating fresh. I love them, though. I could eat one or two each day.

My girls will be right over!

• Like 1

My 4 yo is sitting next to me brushing her teeth. Girlfriend has an obsession with Tom's of Maine strawberry toothpaste.

It's better than DD15almost16.  She has not been brushing her teeth and gums well enough, and it showed at today's dental check-up.  Now she gets to be nagged by Mom several times a day about when and how she brushes.

Things went very promptly at the dentist's, so we walked down to the orthodontist to ask if they could squeeze DD13 in a little earlier (we had 90 minutes to kill until her appointment).  They did!  Things went quickly there, too, so in less than an hour we had both the dental visits and the orthodontic visit all over and done with.  Huzzah!  I took the girls to a local bagel cafe for a treat afterwards -- they ate grilled cheese, and DD15 had some soup, too.  I had my fully loaded lox bagel treat.

Now I'm home and still muddle-headedly groggy.  No class time today; instead I will be cleaning, and maybe napping.

• Like 3

I know. But we prefer to just keep our heads stuck in the sand and pretend California isn't going to heck in a hand basket and DH may be losing his job in a couple of years, because it's easier than pulling up roots and trying to convince the parents to leave, too.😜😜

And this is a "Leave me alone with my Delusions" Booya/h!!

I knew if I kept posting I'd catch that sneaky little Booya/h sometime.

Well, so?  Those sound like personal problems, and I just want company.  Sheesh. :toetap05:

• Like 3

I wish I could take them. I adore cucumbers.

I love them, too. Just not this many. And this is actually unusual. Usually my plants produce 2-3 fruits and then shrivel and die. I think all the rain we got this winter really conditioned the soil because the garden is looking great. We got a ton of boysenberries off three plants and our grapes are totally loaded, too.
  • Like 4

We're at the park and Weapon X was just chasing some poor little boy. "Hey, what's your name?.. .hey you....hey.....WHAT IS YOUR NAME, SIR?"

After that awkward exchange, they are now happily playing in the water together.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 10

We're at the park and Weapon X was just chasing some poor little boy. "Hey, what's your name?.. .hey you....hey.....WHAT IS YOUR NAME, SIR?"

After that awkward exchange, they are now happily playing in the water together.

You might be in Texas if.....    :D

• Like 4

Groceries are ordered so that I pick them up during other pickups I have scheduled for this afternoon. We will not be fighting over the last three hamburger buns to use as bread in the toaster for supper tonight.

I have reached taxi driver status as a mom.  I told dh to uber his way home if he is done today and doesn't fit onto my schedule.

In other news, our rice cooker died last night. I ordered a second instant pot. Because Texas, and summer. That oven isn't coming on until it's below 80F in the house again (which means late October).

• Like 6

In other news, our rice cooker died last night. I ordered a second instant pot. Because Texas, and summer. That oven isn't coming on until it's below 80F in the house again (which means late October).

And the voices in the choir cry, Amen!

• Like 4

Your child might be homeschooled if...

:lol:

• Like 4

Groceries are ordered so that I pick them up during other pickups I have scheduled for this afternoon. We will not be fighting over the last three hamburger buns to use as bread in the toaster for supper tonight.

I have reached taxi driver status as a mom.  I told dh to uber his way home if he is done today and doesn't fit onto my schedule.

I need to remember to suggest looking into grocery delivery or curb-side pick-up to SIL.  She's got a 4 bottomless pits in the house plus a 4-year-old, herself and BIL.  She can never get enough groceries in one run because she has 4yo with her and can only handle one grocery cart.  The grocery store is becoming like a second home to her, she shops so often.  This past weekend she took one pre-teen with her (leaving the 4yo home with elder brothers) and had the rare treat of having two people to push two grocery carts, with no short person to chase and wrangle.  Still, it was amazing how quickly two carts' worth of groceries disappeared over just the weekend.

• Like 1

And the voices in the choir cry, Amen!

DH's favorite solution is to cook as much as possible on the grill outside.  I'm good with that -- he does the grilling.   :laugh:

• Like 5

Went to the lab in the Big City and back. Trying to make sure they added the right tests for my current problem has been a lot more difficult than it should be. I'm a bit over the having to teach young medical support staff how to do their job and how to get blood out of me. And I am really over the "give them the phone number where they can reach me but they call the other number where they can't reach me " thing.

Btw: I'm just grousing. It will all work out some how. Worst case scenario will have me driving back into the Big City later today but I don't think it will come to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6