Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think our doe last year (and there may be more fawns in that pasture now, but I'm avoiding it just in case) actually chose that location due to it's proximity to our backyard fence.  The deer know that the dogs can't get out, but they're savvy enough to know that the dogs and the peoples keep the bad predators away.  For the same reason, in the winter we tend to have baby moose in the cedar grove closest to the house (pretty close to where the fawn was secured.)

The boys were just speculating that the doe might have chosen that spot due to the strong scent of both dogs and humans in the area. We've been taking the puppies down to the creek in the evenings, and the place ought to reek of young dogs and adolescent boys. 

That book does look good. They were talking about it on the Schole Sisters podcast.

The video does look crazy hard! Does she break ir down a lot? I think of myself as a fairly coordinated person, but rippling like four different muscle groups at once...whoo!

YES! She's very good. It's very basic and simple, but very quickly gets complicated so you have to go back and repeat. It's a sweaty endeavor.

Chocolate may revive me, though.

It's worth a shot, anyway.

My feline-hating husband just walked through the door with a kitten. I never thought this day would come.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:hurray:

• Like 1

Slache!  

Check this out.  I know I mentioned this website to you once before but it was in its infancy then and has come a long way (officially a non-profit, now, and the site looks great).  My friend has done a great deal of traveling to across the US to collect top-notch seminary and college scholars/lecturers on video and make them available for FREE to anyone interested.  He's continuing to add more videos, too... several taping sessions planned for this summer.  

• Like 1

Slache!  

Check this out.  I know I mentioned this website to you once before but it was in its infancy then and has come a long way (officially a non-profit, now, and the site looks great).  My friend has done a great deal of traveling to across the US to collect top-notch seminary and college scholars/lecturers on video and make them available for FREE to anyone interested.  He's continuing to add more videos, too... several taping sessions planned for this summer.

Dere's no stuff? I only see acts. I'm on my phone.   

Nala88858ab04aabbae218ab9dbc376c8028.jpg

I don't like cat's.

How is it not bedtime!?

It is, but DD13 and I only just got home from Aikido.  I'm just getting my supper.  DD13 has eaten.

She attended her first adults' class in Aikido today, and lasted the full 90 minutes.  This was on top of spending the full active hour of kids' class, too.

• Like 2

I have now hit the point where I'm more tired than hungry, so I'm going to toss the remains of my ramen noodles and head for bed.  Goodnight, all!

Good morning!  Belated Booyah.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Hmph.  I'll try it on my phone if I can, but it's possible there's not a mobile site yet.

Slashaboo needs internet.  

Just checked. it seems to work on my cell phone with no problem.  Acts is a series by one of the featured lecturers on the home page... but the menu button opens up all the options.   

ETA:  Update... everything works on the full site, but the mobile site still has unfinished pages and buttons.  I could get to most of the videos directly from the home page, though.  It seems to be the links from deeper pages that aren't working yet.   Grrr...

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 1

Awww!!!! A boy, right? Orange cats are usually boys, or so I have heard.

She is definitely a she. The orange fur gene is on the x chromosome. Males only have to inherit one for it to show, while females have to inherit 2. So that's why orange cats are commonly male. At least that's what google told me.
  • Like 6

Kitteh's are nice. I'm not. Yes I am. Help. Turning into Slache.

It's after 1am and I'm finally done tweaking and emailing set change direction and diagram docs, and finding and emailing photos for someone who needed them ASAP. iTired.

When we're human again,

Only human again,

We'll be waltzing those old one-two-threes!

#toolateforearwormalert

• Like 3

Good Wednesday Morning!

LOVE the kitteh, Lana!   :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:   We had an orange cat when I was a kid (male, fwiw).  Best.cat.eveh.  

Y'all, we're having (finally) a retirement and graduation combo party this Saturday and I am in denial.  I did clean up (and move to my room) books I'm planning to sell locally in a couple weeks.  And the kids have worked on their desks a little bit.  Don't.wanna.do.all.the.work. 

COFFEE!!!!

• Like 3

My girl who never wants to eat breakfast before 9 or 10 AM (if at all) has a fasting blood draw today.  She just came down and headed for the kitchen.  "No breakfast yet, remember?"  "Is tea food?"  "They said nothing but water."  "Ugh.  Okay."

Poor gal.

Update:  She has to wait even longer.  I mis-remembered the time of her blood draw and woke her up 40 minutes earlier than necessary.  I offered to take her earlier, but she wants to work on her math.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

Math and no breakfast.  :svengo:

The fawn is not around this morning. We had a herd of deer come through right at dark and one of them was probably her doe. Lots to do today, and I haven't even had tea yet. I did take the dogs for a morning walk, and it was fairly pleasant. If I get out early enough, the sun isn't hitting most of the road yet, so I get to walk in shadows.

ETA: It could have been a male fawn, but since we've lived many years here, and I've seen exactly three bucks on the place (including the injured one last winter) I tend to call all deer female until proven otherwise.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

Math and no breakfast.  :svengo:

The fawn is not around this morning. We had a herd of deer come through right at dark and one of them was probably her doe. Lots to do today, and I haven't even had tea yet. I did take the dogs for a morning walk, and it was fairly pleasant. If I get out early enough, the sun isn't hitting most of the road yet, so I get to walk in shadows.

Yes, Monday I walked/jogged early - at "sunrise" - ~6:15.  Today is fairly cool, but the sun is UP and my stomach doesn't feel good, so I'm not doing it today.  

• Like 5

Yes, Monday I walked/jogged early - at "sunrise" - ~6:15.  Today is fairly cool, but the sun is UP and my stomach doesn't feel good, so I'm not doing it today.  

A little later in the week we are due some drier air, so mornings outside might be a little more doable for one or two days.  Right now if I step outside in the cooler morning air I must first bathe in bug repellent.  *sigh*

• Like 2

I wasn't thinking.  I could have DD15 take her shower while she waited.  Oh, well, I'll follow the original plan: having both girls take their showers after we get back.  Maybe it will help us all wake up a bit more.

• Like 1

A little later in the week we are due some drier air, so mornings outside might be a little more doable for one or two days.  Right now if I step outside in the cooler morning air I must first bathe in bug repellent.  *sigh*

There is that. I've got a few mosquito bites. The horseflies are out too. 

• Like 1

There is that. I've got a few mosquito bites. The horseflies are out too. 

Ick.  We're having a bad mosquito year here, and, of all the rotten luck, the sparrow population is waaaay down (lots of robins, though.)  And the stinging black flies have arrived, too.  :glare:

• Like 2

ETA: oh, I see this was already covered.

:lol:

Wow. Slash killed a kitten ON PURPOSE. :(

It doesn't actually kill kittens!

Help. Turning into Slache.

It's not a bad thing.  

Maybe you would remember more if you took notes and then shared them here with us?  (Just thinkin' about what's best for you, Slache!)

I haz notes. Can I share them? The lecture was free.
  • Like 2

I dreamed my dog who passed away years ago was alive and sadly waiting for us in a pound. So terrible!! Now I've been scouring petfinder for him. It's ridiculous right? He's literally in a box in my closet, but I'm looking for his spirit friend.

And I have a headache. I think the headache is from the heartache of my poor doggy in a pound who isn't really there. 

• Like 2